Timezone:

GMT

Steam Profile (a link)

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198857977547/

Times you're most active (The rough times you are able to be most active):

6pm – 2am GMT [ 1pm – 9pm EST]

DarkRP General Questions

How can you contribute to Aether?:

As I stated in previous application, I am an active member of the community playing the server daily, (However recently I had to take a large break with assignment time fast approaching. With this I am now fully active again) within this I RP, interact with others and just generally mess around and have a laugh. This time round I do not have college so my Hours on Aether can be more consistent, and I can help around more during the servers Peak and non-Peak hours. During my previous time in staff I stuck to my word in my initial application and brought my suggestions, thoughts, and feelings to light. I can contribute a lot as I already have the previous knowledge from staffing here and can jump straight back into it helping out the community right away with sits and general questions. I am very fair when it comes to my sits, I make sure even if there is compelling evidence against one party I listen to both sides, take in all details, and investigate them correctly before making a judgement. Before this re application I have made sure to re join the community and make sure I am active within all aspects of the sever (when it comes to discord I normally just call cause it’s a bit weird in there…) of course during my time as staff (If I am re accepted) all of this will remain the same and no activity or communication between myself and players will drop.

Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible? (Yes/No)

Yes.

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? (Yes/No) 

Yes

Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? (Yes/No)

Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

Raids can last how long?:

Raids last 10 minutes.

What initiates a raid?:

The adverting chat. [/advert raid] [/advert Raid assist] [/advert Pd Raid/Assist]

If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?:

The owner cannot be killed unless you have initiated the raid on the players base, and then if and only if they are in an interfering (close) distance to the base may you kill them.

List 3 default Laws of The Land:

Shooting in public is illegal.
Bitcoin racks are illegal, excluding smaller versions.
Printers, explosives and drugs are illegal.

How many bases can you own per party?:

1 Base per party.

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?:

If in a sit a player is not co-operating with me, I would first give them a few chances to listen and cooperate with the sit before action is taken without them being there. If they are still not EG running away, mic spamming etc I would take the appropriate action such as freezing them or gagging them until I can get to the bottom of the situation. When this is done I will then undo the action taken previously and return them when and if the situation / sit is over.

You see another staff member abusing their power (Give an example of a staff abusing and how you would handle it/who you would contact)

I would report the situation to a higher up staff member with direct evidence of what is happening.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR (What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?):

[I HAD PERMISSION TO COPY THIS FROM MY PREVIOUS APPLICATION]

To answer the first part of this question. RDM is Random Death Match. This is where a player (the instigator) kills another member of the server (the victim) without a valid roleplay reason. RDA or Random Arrest is when a player (the instigator) arrests another user (the victim) without a valid roleplay reason or not breaking a law. NLR or New Life Rule is where a player goes back to their death point without waiting 3 minutes. NLR is also a rule that prohibits you from remembering things from your past life, such as killing the same person that killed you for “Revenge.”

If I got a report of a player excessively RDMing on the server, I would first bring the player that reported the RDM to the sit, so they can say their part without interruption. While they are speaking, I would check the logs for the kills. When the player that has reported the situation is happy that they have said everything from their POV (Point of View) I would then bring the player that was reported requesting that the player that has reported the situation remain quiet until they reported player has their say on the situation. After and only after they have finished speaking, I would open the sit for them to comment at each other to see if anything was missed. Then I would determine if the situation were an excessive (MRDM.) If I determine the situation was a MRDM I would punish the player accordingly with reference from the staff punishment guide. If I determine the situation to not me MRDM I would say to both players how I came to the choice and return both players back to RP.

If I got a report of a player excessively RDAing on the server, as before I would bring the player that reported the MRDA (mass RDA) and let them say their side of the story. While they are speaking again, I would be checking logs of all arrests from the reported player to see what I can find. When they are done speaking and happy, they have said everything from their side I would then bring the reported player, again asking the reporter to remain quiet so I can hear their side of the story, again when both sides are done, I would ask them if they both had any replies for each other to see if anything was missed. Then like the RDM case I would determine accordingly and act on it.

If I got a report of a player excessively breaking NLR on the server, for this I would bring both players at the same time, as this case sometimes cannot be proven by logs. Like before I would make sure both parties have equal time to speak and portray their side of the story, if there are logs on NLR I would be looking at them while listening to both players. When both players have said what they need to say I would ask if anyone had any final comments, if not I would determine accordingly if it was a breach or NLR or not. Like the previous 2 scenarios I would punish if appropriate if not I would explain and return.

Extra Comments:

You can find my previous application for Aether here:
https://aethernetwork.gg/index.php?/topic/575-janets-application/

Alongside this I have experience from 2 other servers

Lucid RP – Head Admin - which has since shut down and I have no real evidence of this role so will not talk much about this.

Ethereal – Sr Admin – This was basically the same role as the SR admin here. To overlook the whole staff team and manage the community. I departed this role due to the toxic staff community. [ Proof of previous staff on Ethereal. Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4 ]

Edited by BigSexyJanet

1 minute ago, Dreadnaught said:

+1  we became staff together at the same time and I remember you being a good staff member

However

It's been months since I've seen you on the server and I'm usually on almost every day....would like to see you around more 🙂

Yess i forgot to mention my inactivity with college, That is finished now and i am fully active again ( Messaged Jouaram to make sure it was ok to come back so soon)

Ill edit that in right now

+1

you definitely need godmode again to take me on in a 1v1

excellent moderator before going to the grocery store for milk and leaving me to raise the kids for 3 months.

Put the horse mask back on you traitor

Scottish accents are cool

Edited by GTA V Guy

10 hours ago, Novva said:

+1 I've never seen you but all I hear is good things

Well if nova gives you a +1 i will do the same your application looks really good

I really like that you have past experience with being a staff member on different servers and you understand darkrp.
I hope you the best my man

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RolandRagoon said:

Sorry for the late reply, but Janet had a macro blowing up my /pm's and it was all in fun.  I'm not mad about it but I posted some screenshots on here as joke which I promptly deleted.

Gonna get me denied !!!