Revolt's Staff Application

AetherNetwork.gg Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations): RevoltPlays
  • Steam ID (https://steamid.io/)STEAM_0:1:87152407
  • Discord Tag: Revolt#0123
  • Total Playtime (Type !time in-game): 3d 16h 28m (a little over 4 days 18 hours now)
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profile (a link)https://steamcommunity.com/id/RevoltPlays/
  • Times you're most active (The rough times you are able to be most active): Most weekdays from 3pm - 11pm, and most weekends all day

DarkRP General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I am active on the server and want to see it continue to grow. I enjoy helping people, whether it be a new player figuring out the controls or jobs, or as a staff member helping solve any issues that arise. I have experience from being a moderator on Retribution for a period of time and I believe I have a calm temper and an ability to keep a level head when dealing with issues and not having bias if a sit is called on someone I'm friends with. I'm familiar with the rules and the commands a staff member has, as well as the staff handbook.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible? (Yes/No): Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? (Yes/No):  Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? (Yes/No): Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes from the time a raid is initiated.
  • What initiates a raid?: A raid is initiated from the first kill/lockpick/emp grenade/etc, and you must advert the raid.
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: Yes, if they are within a reasonable distance that you could assume they can interfere.
  • List 3 default Laws of The Land: Raiding is illegal, Money printers/drugs/explosives are illegal, and Shooting in public is illegal.
  • How many bases can you own per party?: You may only own 1 base per party.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If a player is not co-operating with a sit I would first try to calm them down or explain that they need to co-operate, if this doesn't work I would freeze them if they're trying to leave, gag them if they're mic spamming or being disrespectful, or mute them if they're doing the same thing but in chat instead of voice.
  • You see another staff member abusing their power (Give an example of a staff abusing and how you would handle it/who you would contact): The first thing I would do is record the abuse taking place so that I could prove it happened. From there I would send it to a higher up staff member and Jouaram to be dealt with.
  • A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR (What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?)

RDM: RDM is "Random Death Match" which is when a player kills another player without a roleplaying reason to do so. I would check the damage logs to see if they were hit first, the chat logs to see if they warned a player to leave them alone, and make my decision based on what I can conclude from the logs and what I'm told from the players involved.

RDA: RDA is "Random Arrest" which is when a player arrests another player without any valid reason to do so. To determine if it was in fact RDA I would check logs to see if damage was done, if the player was wanted, or if there was any law being broken. 

NLR: NLR is the "New Life Rule" which is that you cannot return to the location of your death for 3 minutes, unless it was RDM in which case NLR does not apply. To determine this I would check where the player died and see if they returned there.

Extra Comments: I don't think it really matters much but I have 0 warns. Thanks for reading my application. Any feedback is appreciated

Edited by RevoltPlays

On 6/27/2021 at 2:07 PM, BigSexyJanet said:

+1

Just can't get the staff anymore....

---------------

Great Activity
Friendly and funny
Semi Detailed app

On 6/27/2021 at 2:27 PM, FlameZ said:

+1 I've seen revolt in game and I can only say positive things about him. I think he will be a great staff member.

On 6/27/2021 at 6:36 PM, yousetoffmytrap said:

Super mingy
always toxic
is mean

+1 this man would be great staff

+ 1

Yes

• Love 1

Accepted

From what I've seen you are respectful and mature, along with this you've gained a bunch of Community Support warranting you a shot at Trial Moderator!

Be sure to read the Handbook fully, update yourself on the rules. 

You will be notified in the Rookie Barracks channel on Discord with further instructions. Welcome to the team!

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

• Love 1

Reach out for any assistance, if you cannot find a method of communication here reach out on the Forums. Email - [email protected]