Oogla wants to come back Staff Application :o

AetherNetwork.gg Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations): snOogla, AN boOOGAlee
  • Steam ID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:1:98918627
  • Discord Tag: daguyky#6969
  • Total Playtime (Type !time in-game):  1 Week 3 Days
  • Timezone: EST 
  • Steam Profile (a link):  https://steamcommunity.com/id/slipperie/
  • Times you're most active (The rough times you are able to be most active): 2-3 hours, end of the day/nights around 6-7 o'clock EST

DarkRP General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I was a Vet Mod before, but due to work and moving out of the house and back in the house again I was limited to only so much time, but since I was able to move on with that and now I want to come back to the staff team and contribute more than just being a Vet Mod and go further. I want to be able to host events again every week and take on the plethora of sits again. I will contribute to the staff meetings, listening to any constructive criticism from anyone mods or not. 
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible? (Yes/No): Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? (Yes/No):  For sure
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? (Yes/No): I will get back to the staff grind for sure, I went MIA due to the reasons above but I will make sure to not do that again

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 Minutes
  • What initiates a raid?: Lockpicking, Killing or Using a fading door bomb, and yes of course /advert raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: Yes, as long they're within proximity of their base "the interfering distance" 
  • List 3 default Laws of The Land: Raiding is Illegal, shooting in public is illegal, AOS/KOS Laws must have a 10 second warning
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: A player who refuses to cooperate in a sit usually gets a more harsher punishment, such as a longer jail time or ban time depending on previous warns that are applicable to the staff punishment guidelines. Most of the time I will mute or gag the player if they are being abusive in voice chat or text chat but never the same thing because you should at least try to get an answer out of them. 
  • You see another staff member abusing their power (Give an example of a staff abusing and how you would handle it/who you would contact): A perfect example is when a staff member becomes enraged during the sit and starts warning people without any chance to explain themselves, AKA being "short" with them, if you plan on moderating a server for someone, you need to try and be level headed as possible and make sure that the server is enjoyable as possible so people keep coming back, even after a warn or ban, etc. Another one is no clipping in a person's base to see the vantage points (spectate them as well) of their base to see where everything is and how to be proficient as possible during the raid. If any of these scenarios were to happen I would gather proof and report it directly to Jouram and or a Senior-Admin for them to deal with the perpetrator who is abusing their staff privileges. 
  • A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR (What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?): RDM is when a player is killing another playing randomly without an advert or reason to kill them (Random Death Match) to determine that they are excessively RDM'ing (MRDM, Mass Random Death Match) is when they keep killing a player or players more than three times without advert or a reason to. RDA is when a law enforcement or officer of the law randomly warrants you and arrests you with out an actual reason or without evidence of issuing the warn, therefore making it a Random Arrest. NLR is the New Life Rule, new life rule for an example is when you die in a raid or an advert WITH reasoning you cannot come back to that specific location or base even if it is yours and you lost the gun fight you must wait the NLR timer of 3 minutes after your death. To determine if anyone is RDM'ing I would check the chat logs and kill logs to see if the timer matches any of the chat logs to see if there was a reasoning behind there kills if not I would warn accordingly to the Punishment Guidelines and how many offenses the perpetrator has. To check RDA, I would spectate the perpetrator to see if they're issuing random warrants for an arrest with out reason, like if they are in the PD and just were to issue a warrant without any evidence and confirm it in chat logs to issue that specific punishment in accordance to Punishment Guidelines and how many offenses the perpetrator has or made. To determine if someone is breaking NLR you would check to see if they're returning within the three minute time stamp in the logs of the death/kill and check the positions to see what location they're at and if they're causing damage to the player raiding the base or defending themselves from the person breaking NLR to come back and get Revenge on the person with a reason to kill them or during a raid before the three minutes.

Extra Comments: I missed you all and I hope I can come back stronger and better than ever before, peace and love y'all, EDIT: I have been getting my playtime up for this week, and plan on to continue doing so!

Edited by Oogla
  • Love 1

+1  Changed to +/-

- I never met you personally, but if you made it to V-Mod I'm sure you were more than capable.  

- Learned more about why you got demoted, sounds like activity dropped off, and you don't seem to be that active still.  No hard feelings, just concerning.

https://imgur.com/a/hSGq3SR

Edited by RolandRagoon
Learned More
  • Like 1

you had no real reason when we asked you why you were super inactive last time. I had tried to ask awhile back your only response was “I’m on today” the one day you were on at the time when you were missing for 2 weeks prior. 
when we finally got to the point of demotion (this took about 2 weeks of you being super inactive and nothing said from your end) you came back on the server the day you got demoted, and literally said “well I’m not staff anymore,I have no reason to be here” and haven’t been seen since…

I personally feel with the huge 4 month gap of playtime this is way to soon for you to be re applying. 

you were a good staff, and had high expectations. But literally dropped off the face of the earth, with no warning of any sort… because of you had just talked to us you prolly wouldn’t have been demoted at all, but somewhere along the line there was a lack of communication. 

You only got your activity up this week, and that’s good but like said after 4 months I would want to see more then just a week to be sure your here to stay and not just going to disappear again. 
goodluck, and I hope to see you around a lot more, but to me it’s to soon for this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victus Sinistus said:

you had no real reason when we asked you why you were super inactive last time. I had tried to ask awhile back your only response was “I’m on today” the one day you were on at the time when you were missing for 2 weeks prior. 
when we finally got to the point of demotion (this took about 2 weeks of you being super inactive and nothing said from your end) you came back on the server the day you got demoted, and literally said “well I’m not staff anymore,I have no reason to be here” and haven’t been seen since…

I personally feel with the huge 4 month gap of playtime this is way to soon for you to be re applying. 

you were a good staff, and had high expectations. But literally dropped off the face of the earth, with no warning of any sort… because of you had just talked to us you prolly wouldn’t have been demoted at all, but somewhere along the line there was a lack of communication. 

You only got your activity up this week, and that’s good but like said after 4 months I would want to see more then just a week to be sure your here to stay and not just going to disappear again. 
goodluck, and I hope to see you around a lot more, but to me it’s to soon for this. 

Sorry for the inconvenience of that matter but with all due respect I was trying to face my day to day on my IRL situation and I didn't want everyone to know my situation. Everyone has their demons they have to face, but now that is all behind me I wanna be apart of the team again and help out with the server, and I have been getting my activity up as much as I can as this staff app is up. I apologize for being short with the team, but like I said that is behind me and on my feet again. So just keep an open mind.

• Like 2

+/- 

This is your first post since april.

You were a good staff member when I remember you playing on the server, but I also remember a lot of inactivity.

I hope you feel better and to see you on the server more often getting that activity up.

• Like 1

Accepted

You showed to be a good Staff last time, along with this you've swiftly gained Community Support and increased your activity massively. I hope you keep with it this time and take it as far as you can go, good luck and be sure to read everything below!

Be sure to read the Handbook fully, update yourself on the rules. 

You will be notified in the Rookie Barracks channel on Discord with further instructions. Welcome to the team!

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Like 1