BLKBEARD's Staff Application

BLKBEARD_

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one)BLKBEARD
  • Age21
  • Steam IDhttps://steamid.io/lookup/76561198217378477
  • Discord TagBLKBEARD#2806
  • Total Playtime1w 5d 17h 17m
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/id/BLKBEARD/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): My current activity is from 1pm EST to about 4am everyday. Although it may become unpredictable as I'm hopefully getting a job in the close future.

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: As it already stands, I've got over 5,500+ hours on Garry's Mod. With that in mind, I've been in numerous communities and even owned 2 of my own for some time. This has granted me extensive knowledge on development and staffing as a whole. I worked my way through the ranks on numerous game modes including but not limited to: CityRP, First Responders RP, DarkRP, MilitaryRP, SantosRP, and Jailbreak. Overtime, Ive learned how to remain calm in hostile sits and resolve them to where all parties involved are satisfied. Furthermore, I am extremely laid back, have a passion for making people happy, and I do my job thoroughly. This means Ill do my best to resolve my sits proficiently making sure everyone gets the proper punishment (if needed), whilst maintaining a professional attitude with a calm approach to resolve any problem that may arise.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: I have, yes.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Of course.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Most definitely.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: According to the current rules, raids can only last 10 minutes.
  • What initiates a raid?: An advert listing what type of raid is commencing (ex. "/advert bank raid", "/advert PD raid", "/advert raid")
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: I would say if the owner of the base is standing on the sidewalk or are within close proximity of the base. As long a proper advert is given initiating a raid prior, you may kill them.
  • List all default Laws of The LandBitcoin Racks are illegal. Raiding is illegal. Harming other people (unless in a self defense situation) is illegal.  Drugs, Explosives, and Money Printers are illegal. Discharging your firearm in public is illegal. Kidnapping and any sort of theft is illegal. All laws must be AOS enforced instead of KOS unless the Officer's life is in danger. Any and all KOS/AOS laws must be enforced with a 10 second warning prior.
  • How many bases can you own per party?Each party is limited to one base.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: There's multiple approaches I could take to a player not cooperating with me in sit. Though the first thing I would do is try to de-escalate the situation and talk with them . I'd do my best to assure them the sit will be handled so all person's involved are satisfied. If, for whatever reason the person is still refusing to cooperate, I'd be forced to use my staff privilege's to gain compliance with them.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: It depends on the situation. If a person reports another player a sit must be done as well as a investigation to make sure no rules were broken. If rules were found to be broken, you must address it accordingly. If a player is intentionally ruining another players time, it can be considered harassment if the other player reports it. With that in mind I'd take the reporting player and the player being reported to a sit and deal with it in accordance to the severity of the situation. Typically, if its their first offense or a low tier rule broken, Ill try to see if all parties in the sit can resolve it amongst themselves peacefully with my presence.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: If I found a staff member abusing, for example, using god mode and no-clip during a raid. I'd approach the situation with a level head, I'd make sure said staff member was aware of the fact they used god mode and no-clip during a raid and inform them why they shouldn't have. I'd also take a screenshot of logs and/or clip the event if applicable and report it to my higher up following chain of command.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If a player is excessively RDMing its considered Mass RDM. The first step to intervening would be spectate or go to said player, if they have yet to stop mass RDMing I'd freeze the player. After gaining control of the situation I'd begin to initiate a sit, making sure to investigate thoroughly and pull any players who may have filed a report. If I determine it is in fact mass RDM id review the players previous warns before administering a punishment. Depending on their previous warns, it would dictate the severity of the the offenders punishment.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: If a mayor initiated a lockdown without a valid reason and is refusing to turn it off it can be considered FailRP. With that being said, I'd pull the Mayor into a sit and explain that what he's doing is considered FailRP. Whilst in the sit I'd also check the players warns to see if they may have done this before or have previous warnings. For this example lets say this player has no warns, I'd then give them a verbal warning after reiterating what it is they did and how its FailRP. If they continue to conduct lockdowns with no valid reason, Id pull them to a sit once again, explain what they've done wrong and how they're blatantly FailRPing, and then administer another warning with a job demotion.

Edited by BLKBEARD_
Accidentally left question blank

ACCEPTED

My only concern with you is how you disappeared previously as Staff, however I don't think it will do us any harm taking you on board to let you prove our worry's wrong. 

Your attitude is great and you create a positive environment for the people around you, I believe you'll fit back in perfectly. 

Good luck and congratulations!

Be sure to click on and read all links below before taking a sit - keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)