Swuggzy's Mod application

Swugzzy

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): [NAMES]
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:205952217
  • Discord Tag: 𝕊𝕨𝕦𝕘𝕘𝕫𝕪#4696
  • Total Playtime: I have 1 week 1 day 9 hours and 3 minutes of playtime on the server at the time of this post.
  • Timezone: My timezone is EST.
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198372170162/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): On Monday-Friday I'm mostly active at 3:50 PM - 12 AM (EST) due to me getting home from school at around 3:50 and on weekends I'm active mostly throughout the day a specific time I'd say from 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM (EST).

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: If I become a TMod for Aether I can be of assistance to people in need when other mods aren't on and If needed I will get on as soon as I'm available to.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: I have read over the rules with the command !motd and I do feel comfortable enforcing as correctly as I possibly can.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: I'm willing to listen to any staff member same rank or higher up it dose not matter if a staff member think I need help or even if I do need help and are trying to guide me I will gladly let them.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: I am certain that I am able and capable of being an active staff for several hours a week

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: After adverting a raid you can only go on with it for 10 minutes. At the 10 minute mark you must be out of the base and cannot raid the same base again for 20 minutes, if its PD or Bank that cooldown timer is reduced to 10 minutes
  • What initiates a raid?: In chat typing "/advert raid" or having a bind that says it for you is what initiates a raid doing "/advert over" says that you are done raiding and its over
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: If the base owner is standing right outside or in a interfering distance to the base you may kill them when you start to raid 
  • List all default Laws of The Land: All of the default rules of the land are Shooting in public, raiding, harming other citizens (if its not out of self defense), Threats, money printers, drugs, explosives, bitcoin racks, kidnapping, theft, and player harm is all illegal. Laws must be enforced with AOS (arrest on sight) not KOS (kill on sight) unless the life of an officer is being threatened, and law enforcement must give a 10 second warning on all AOS/KOS laws before taking action
  • How many bases can you own per party?: The maximum bases you can own in a party is 1 base, no matter the size of the party 1 base is the maximum
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: it depends on how they are not co-operating. If the player is speaking over me when I try to explain something I would mute the player, say what I have to say, unmute them, and let them speak again. If the player is disagreeing with something I said in a sit I would tell them to file a staff report of the forums. If the player RDMs in the sit and l2ap I would ban the player for the maximum time I can as a tmod that being 4 hours, and if the player wont stay still and keeps trying to run away from the sit I will freeze them.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes you can, and here's why. Say a player joins the server for the first time, everyone would hope this is just a newcomer to the server, however, they are not at all in the server to rp, the first thing they do is buy a gun and start MRDM (mass rdm) gets pulled into a sit and says they "did it out of fun". That player is ruining others experience to give themselves pleasurer and are breaking the rules while doing so.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: An example of staff abusing their powers is a staff removing someone's props to their base or freezing people for no reason, I would get a higher up online to deal with the situation and inform them on everything that has happened with video evidence.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If a player is MRDMing i would first freeze the player so they are unavailable to move or complete any actions, and get the player banned from the server and try to refund the players who lost their items
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I demote the mayor to a job like citizen because what's the point in letting the player be mayor if they're going to do stuff like that
Edited by Swugzzy
Restating answers and answering unanswered questions
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

For now I am -1

First off, this is a very impressive app for someone 13
however, a lot of the questions are just wrong, which makes me think you didn't read the rules fully before making this app
I've never had any issues with you on the server and you have a decent amount of playtime

If you can fix all the wrong questions and get some more forum activity I may be willing to remove the -1
Good luck

same 

4 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

For now I am -1

First off, this is a very impressive app for someone 13
however, a lot of the questions are just wrong, which makes me think you didn't read the rules fully before making this app
I've never had any issues with you on the server and you have a decent amount of playtime

If you can fix all the wrong questions and get some more forum activity I may be willing to remove the -1
Good luck

i agree with Dreadnaught 

i never really had any issues with you either 

Good Luck on your Application

-1 for now. I've never had issues with you but I can't be confident you can enforce the rules properly if you don't answer questions right on the application.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:42 AM, Swugzzy said:

After adverting a raid you can only go on with it for 5 minutes. At the 5 minute mark you must be out of the base and cannot raid the same base again for 20 minutes

This one is incorrect

If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid, can you kill them?

Left this one unanswered

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If a player is MRDMing i would first freeze the player so they are unavailable to move or complete any actions, talk with higher ups to see how long of a ban to give the player (It's usually around a week) and get the player banned from the server and try to refund the players who lost their items

With this one you are mostly right, but you don't need to check with higher ups on ban times there's a staff handbook for that, and it's available to everyone, even non-staff. I'd recommend giving that a read through, there's a link at the top of the forums

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WRbK0749uxVUYMzUbYeOdOcKNGcrgl9M2HNSgnQVRlc here's a direct link for convenience 

If the player RDMs in the sit and l2ap Its a ban I would check with a higher up first to see how long

Same thing as the previous

If the player is disagreeing with something I said in a sit I would get a higher up to confirm or deny if I'm right

This one can be correct but also a lot of times higher ups aren't available to help out immediately. If you have read through the rules many times and the staff handbook you'll be confident in your decisions and many times you'll be correct. The best course of action to take if a player is upset at your decision is to have them make a staff report if they feel you handled it incorrectly.

I'm not giving you the answers because I'd like to see you try and find them for yourself and edit your post. I'd like to see you have a shot at t-mod, you seem to be a good member of the community, Good luck!

Edited by RevoltPlays

5 hours ago, Danny_Mcflurry said:

+/- Leaning Towards -

You are a cool kid and pretty fun to be around

As Dread said some of the questions are wrong, You need to re read the rules and edit this post asap

Good luck 🙂

I have to agree with the posts above, from my interactions with you on the server you seem like a very friendly person but I think you could definitely re-read the rules and improve the post, for this to turn into a +1.

Good luck!! 😁👍

Your initiating a raid answer is wrong, I would review the MOTD for that.

Also your scenario questions, you mention immediately jumping the gun on muting or jailing people. Especially for the uncooperative question you immediately said you would mute them. A lot of times, people will calm down as long as you treat them with respect. Escalating a situation when it is not absolutely necessary will multiply your number of hostile sits by a lot. Most of  your sits will be people very angry and only getting angrier / more upset because you are escalating. Just try to have some patience with people and talk to them. 

On 9/28/2021 at 2:52 PM, RevoltPlays said:

-1 for now. I've never had issues with you but I can't be confident you can enforce the rules properly if you don't answer questions right on the application.

This one is incorrect

Left this one unanswered

With this one you are mostly right, but you don't need to check with higher ups on ban times there's a staff handbook for that, and it's available to everyone, even non-staff. I'd recommend giving that a read through, there's a link at the top of the forums

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WRbK0749uxVUYMzUbYeOdOcKNGcrgl9M2HNSgnQVRlc here's a direct link for convenience 

Same thing as the previous

This one can be correct but also a lot of times higher ups aren't available to help out immediately. If you have read through the rules many times and the staff handbook you'll be confident in your decisions and many times you'll be correct. The best course of action to take if a player is upset at your decision is to have them make a staff report if they feel you handled it incorrectly.

I'm not giving you the answers because I'd like to see you try and find them for yourself and edit your post. I'd like to see you have a shot at t-mod, you seem to be a good member of the community, Good luck!

After the changes you've made to the app I think you deserve a shot. I've never had any issues with you

Good luck

Edited by RevoltPlays

On 9/27/2021 at 11:42 PM, Swugzzy said:
  • In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): [NAMES]
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:205952217
  • Discord Tag: 𝕊𝕨𝕦𝕘𝕘𝕫𝕪#4696
  • Total Playtime: I have 1 week 1 day 9 hours and 3 minutes of playtime on the server at the time of this post.
  • Timezone: My timezone is EST.
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198372170162/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): On Monday-Friday I'm mostly active at 3:50 PM - 12 AM (EST) due to me getting home from school at around 3:50 and on weekends I'm active mostly throughout the day a specific time I'd say from 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM (EST).

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: If I become a TMod for Aether I can be of assistance to people in need when other mods aren't on and If needed I will get on as soon as I'm available to.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: I have read over the rules with the command !motd and I do feel comfortable enforcing as correctly as I possibly can.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: I'm willing to listen to any staff member same rank or higher up it dose not matter if a staff member think I need help or even if I do need help and are trying to guide me I will gladly let them.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: I am certain that I am able and capable of being an active staff for several hours a week

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: After adverting a raid you can only go on with it for 10 minutes. At the 10 minute mark you must be out of the base and cannot raid the same base again for 20 minutes, if its PD or Bank that cooldown timer is reduced to 10 minutes
  • What initiates a raid?: In chat typing "/advert raid" or having a bind that says it for you is what initiates a raid doing "/advert over" says that you are done raiding and its over
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: If the base owner is standing right outside or in a interfering distance to the base you may kill them when you start to raid 
  • List all default Laws of The Land: All of the default rules of the land are Shooting in public, raiding, harming other citizens (if its not out of self defense), Threats, money printers, drugs, explosives, bitcoin racks, kidnapping, theft, and player harm is all illegal. Laws must be enforced with AOS (arrest on sight) not KOS (kill on sight) unless the life of an officer is being threatened, and law enforcement must give a 10 second warning on all AOS/KOS laws before taking action
  • How many bases can you own per party?: The maximum bases you can own in a party is 1 base, no matter the size of the party 1 base is the maximum
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: it depends on how they are not co-operating. If the player is speaking over me when I try to explain something I would mute the player, say what I have to say, unmute them, and let them speak again. If the player is disagreeing with something I said in a sit I would tell them to file a staff report of the forums. If the player RDMs in the sit and l2ap I would ban the player for the maximum time I can as a tmod that being 4 hours, and if the player wont stay still and keeps trying to run away from the sit I will freeze them.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes you can, and here's why. Say a player joins the server for the first time, everyone would hope this is just a newcomer to the server, however, they are not at all in the server to rp, the first thing they do is buy a gun and start MRDM (mass rdm) gets pulled into a sit and says they "did it out of fun". That player is ruining others experience to give themselves pleasurer and are breaking the rules while doing so.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: An example of staff abusing their powers is a staff removing someone's props to their base or freezing people for no reason, I would get a higher up online to deal with the situation and inform them on everything that has happened with video evidence.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If a player is MRDMing i would first freeze the player so they are unavailable to move or complete any actions, and get the player banned from the server and try to refund the players who lost their items
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I demote the mayor to a job like citizen because what's the point in letting the player be mayor if they're going to do stuff like that

+/- not many interactions with you but short answers but the other answers to your app is making me lean towards +1

ACCEPTED

Your activity is great and you've made a relatively positive impact on the server based on the responses posted here, your feedback is solid and your application is also solid. I think you have ticked all the boxes required and can now show us what you're capable of as Staff. 

Your assigned Mentor is @RevoltPlays reach out to them if you need help at any time.

Be sure to click on and read all links below before taking a sit - keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Love 2
  • Sad 1