TangoDowns Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): TangoDown
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47434864]
  • Discord Tag: Tangodown#6221
  • Total Playtime: 4 Weeks
  • Timezone: PST
  • Steam Profile: TangoDown87
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 5PM to 12 AM

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: With tons of previous experiences in gmod (In Several Roles Up to "Server/Staff Manager") and personal Real life experiences as a manager in the food industry I understand what it takes to the job. Patience, Teaching, Conflict Resolution are all things I have had to learn and use in the real world every day in my job.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 Minutes
  • What initiates a raid?: A proper raid is imitated with a /advert Raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid, can you kill them?Yes if with in interfering distance
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
    • Raiding is illegal.
    • Money Printers, Drugs & Explosives are illegal
    • Bitcoin Racks are illegal except for Bitminer S2 (Small Version)
    • Harming other citizens is illegal unless in self defense.
    • Threats are illegal.
    • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
    • Shooting firearms in public is illegal
    • Law's must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officer's life is in danger.
    • AOS/KOS Laws must have a 10 second warning before enforcing
  • How many bases can you own per party?: One.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I would try reasoning with the player. If necessary using commands such as freeze, mute and gag to try and and Stop said player from continuing the disruptive behavior causing me not to be able to communicate with him. If necessary and if possible at the time If the player absolutely refuses to listen I would ask a higher ranking staff to assist and try and see if they can talk to the person.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?Yes, A verbal warning can be issued on first offense if the player harasses another player to the extent it causes the player grief
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Teleporting to a player and changing jobs to supply them with items. I would report it to a higher ranking staff member. I have no issues with speaking directly to them my self but unless so specified it is best to let the upper management handle it.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: if I notice a massive amount of killing (not reported) I would begin to spectate the player and if it does seem to rise to the level of mass RDM I would teleport the player to a safe location and speak to him, listen to his reason make a assessment of what should be done. If the people he killed does in fact say they where "messing around" I would let the player go and let him know to be very careful not to kill any one who is not a willing participant in the "fun" and warn him that it could be a ban if it happens. If however there is no RDM with reports I would handle it similarly, teleport to the player ask him what is going on and explain to him the rules and what needs to be done 3 Day Ban.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would teleport tot he mayor (TP a player who has a job that is lost due to death should be treated a little more cautiously) ask him why he has started a lock down and explain to him the rules and advise him to always /broadcast or /advert a reason for the lock down. If he dose not have one.

Extra Comments:

If accepted I hope to help bring more sense of community amongst the staff (not implying there isn't one already). It is a tough job and underappreciated position and Besides being a teacher to the community (for those who need it) and Law Enforcement having fellow staff members who already know the struggles of being in a leadership role and Willingness to not only Teach from the well of knowledge I have but also always willing to listen and grow new skills along side fellow staff members can hopefully only Grow the stringent off all the Staff members including my self.

Edited by TangoDown
  • Love 1

+1

pretty good and in depth application (one error)

27 minutes ago, TangoDown said:

Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Teleporting to a player and changing jobs to supply them with items.

the second part of this is not answered

Likeable person

Experience

I think you'd be a good addition to the team and should get a shot.

that one question you forgot isn't a huge deal just fix it up and I think the app will be pretty much perfect

Edited by RevoltPlays
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevoltPlays said:

+1

Likeable person

Experience

that one question you forgot isn't a huge deal just fix it up and I think the app will be pretty much perfect

Fixed, had previously typed it all out and sent a Screen shot to some one to look it over and had lost the text so I was copying it from the screen shot. 🙂

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RevoltPlays said:

+1

Likeable person

Experience

i honestly agree with this, i think you are a good addition to the team and you deserve a shot at staff  +1

Edited by AN Emily
  • Like 1

ACCEPTED

I think you've contributed a lot to Aether so far and you know your stuff, you're a pretty cool guy and I hope that sort of attitude pushes over onto your Staffing and you can be a good resource for players to go to when they need help. 

Good luck and be sure to DM me directly if you have any concerns/questions. 

Your assigned Mentor is: @Novva

Be sure to click on and read all links below before taking a sit - keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Like 2
  • Cool 1