Joey's Staff Application

Joeyy

AetherNetwork Staff Application

In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Joey (in the forums i put 2 y's because the name was taken and same as discord)

• Steam ID: 76561198134203516
  • Discord Tag: Joeyy#3871
  • Total Playtime: 1 day 10 hours
  • Timezone: Central 
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198134203516/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Monday-Thursday all day (might hop on another game obviously) Friday: I'm usually on for 5 hours. Then I work Saturday and Sunday but I will be on Sunday after noon

General Questions

How can you contribute to Aether?: I feel i can contribute in many ways for example: I can understand when someone may be new and not understand whats going on which in that case I will enforce and teach as much as possible. I am on for mostly the whole day and night which i think is a big deal especially at night I feel most staff go AFK quite a bit at night so I will be there to ensure all players are having fun and to deal with mingers, rdmers etc that other staff may miss.

• Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes, I understand the rules and feel comfortable enforcing them.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes, I will listen to what other staff members say and I will learn from them.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes I am certain.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: Raids can last to 10 minutes. 
  • What initiates a raid?: Any type of breaching is considered starting a raid.
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: Yes, if they are close to you, you can kill them (interfering distance) 
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • Raiding is illegal.
  • Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • Harming other citizens is illegal unless in self defense. 
  • Threats are illegal.
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • Shooting firearms in public is illegal.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger.
  • AOS/KOS Laws must have a 10 second warning before enforcing.
    • How many bases can you own per party?: You are only allowed to own one base.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Freezing/jail them maybe gag if i have too.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes, just cause its fun to them it doesn't mean others are having fun so i will have to deal with them accordingly. 
    • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: If a staff is randomly phys gunning people around I would kindly ask them to stop if they don't I will initiate a kick and tell a higher up. 

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Depending if i gave them a warning beforehand id say a few hours or more.

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Honestly, Id just demote and give a warning for not obeying staff.

6 minutes ago, Joeyy said:

How would low play time on a server affect with how good I do as a staff member -1

Because we want to see good and consistent activity before accepting you. And when you have playtime you are more likely to make friends and get community support which is necessary if you want to be accepted.

-1 for now based on playtime and low effort answers

51 minutes ago, RevoltPlays said:

Because we want to see good and consistent activity before accepting you. And when you have playtime you are more likely to make friends and get community support which is necessary if you want to be accepted.

-1 for now based on playtime and low effort answers

soooo more play time and add more usless words to my answer instead of getting straight to the point got it but -1

8 minutes ago, Joeyy said:

soooo more play time and add more usless words to my answer instead of getting straight to the point got it but -1

Yes more playtime and community support. And then useful words giving your application more depth and examples giving us a better feel of your true staffing abilities.

Maybe read through some accepted applications and see what a good one looks like.

16 minutes ago, BadGraphics said:

so i see you don’t really understand how play time affects your ability as a staff and i’m gonna kinda break it down for you! More play time is really for other staff to spectate you and see how you preform as a normal player, find out if your toxic, easily angered, racist, a minge, that sorta stuff. It also helps the staff team form a bond with you, a lot of the staff are friends with each other before they even got staff which leads to a healthier staff team overall. And we like staff on aether to be pretty well known in the community. It helps when you know the people your staffing! Also, with the more playtime you have on the server, the more you get used to the rules and aethers vibe overall! There is actually alot of reasons playtime is a positive! 

And having a nice filled out application just looks nice, it shows that you really want the position you applying for! Slim apps just look like there wasn’t much effort or thought out into it! 

Also also, instead of arguing with other people who comment on your app, try to take their criticism and improve on it! Your comments just seem rather hostile and aggressive, so i recommend just reading what they have to say and being like “ah got it! Now i know what i need to work on”! and if you have any questions about their comment that’s when I would reply!! 

Hopefully this helped you understand a little bit more why people are saying what they are saying! Good luck on your application! 

Yes, i do agree and I also liked how you wrote so much I really do appreciate it, I will have more play time in a week i am very layed back as i said in my app and I really do hope you guys spectate me and see how I am with people and I did not take any of the comments hostile its a game and we are typing on a forum rn how could I be hostile or take anything hostile. And i love criticism as i said before as well I want to learn and take advantage of the opportunity to become trial mod. Also I know it would look nice to add more words but its not necessary to add a couple more sentences instead of getting right to the point, I added more to something when i thought it was necessary when i thought was a bigger question. I hope I can be trial mod cause ik i can do good and benefit this community.

On 11/10/2021 at 4:42 PM, Joeyy said:

AetherNetwork Staff Application

In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Joey (in the forums i put 2 y's because the name was taken and same as discord)

• Steam ID: 76561198134203516
  • Discord Tag: Joeyy#3871
  • Total Playtime: 1 day 10 hours
  • Timezone: Central 
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198134203516/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Monday-Thursday all day (might hop on another game obviously) Friday: I'm usually on for 5 hours. Then I work Saturday and Sunday but I will be on Sunday after noon

General Questions

How can you contribute to Aether?: I feel i can contribute in many ways for example: I can understand when someone may be new and not understand whats going on which in that case I will enforce and teach as much as possible. I am on for mostly the whole day and night which i think is a big deal especially at night I feel most staff go AFK quite a bit at night so I will be there to ensure all players are having fun and to deal with mingers, rdmers etc that other staff may miss.

• Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes, I understand the rules and feel comfortable enforcing them.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes, I will listen to what other staff members say and I will learn from them.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes I am certain.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: Raids can last to 10 minutes. 
  • What initiates a raid?: Any type of breaching is considered starting a raid.
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: Yes, if they are close to you, you can kill them (interfering distance) 
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • Raiding is illegal.
  • Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • Harming other citizens is illegal unless in self defense. 
  • Threats are illegal.
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • Shooting firearms in public is illegal.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger.
  • AOS/KOS Laws must have a 10 second warning before enforcing.
    • How many bases can you own per party?: You are only allowed to own one base.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Freezing/jail them maybe gag if i have too.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes, just cause its fun to them it doesn't mean others are having fun so i will have to deal with them accordingly. 
    • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: If a staff is randomly phys gunning people around I would kindly ask them to stop if they don't I will initiate a kick and tell a higher up. 

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Depending if i gave them a warning beforehand id say a few hours or more.

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Honestly, Id just demote and give a warning for not obeying staff.

I do also have experience being a mod on another server, I really do hope you guys give me a chance you wont regret it.

ACCEPTED

You are relatively new (but have shown your face before) I think you're pretty laid back as you claim which is a great trait to have when Staffing on Aether as the main goal is to have an enjoyable environment for everyone involved. 

Good luck and show us what you've got! 

Your assigned Mentor is:  @BryanV2 - be sure to finish a training session with your Mentor BEFORE taking sits!

Be sure to click on and read all links below before taking a sit - keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Cool 1