david's staff app

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): David Mason
  • Steam ID 76561199071375073
  • Discord Tag: david mason#7907
  • Total Playtime: >Your total time is 1mo 5d 12h 2m.
  • Timezone: PST
  • Steam Profilehttp://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199071375073
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 3pm to 3am

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can contribute lots of playtime at odd hours. since my time is 3hrs behind the server I can be on at 6am ET 
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: yes I'm very comfortable with the rules
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: of course I know many of the staff I would like for them to help me any wat they can
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: yes i had taken a break but now plan to be on as much as i can

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10min
  • What initiates a raid?: an advert in chat specifying raid and if pd or bank raid looking something like this /advert raid (pd/bank) if applicable 
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: yes if they are within interference distance with the raid like the sidewalk
  • List all default Laws of The Land: aos/kos laws need 10 sec warning before enforcing, money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal, small bitcoin racks are legal, threats are illegal, harming other people is illegal unless self defense. kidnapping, theft is illegal, shooting in public is illegal, aos/kos laws must be aos only unless the pd officer life is in danger.
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I would try to see if they can hear me and ask them in chat. and return them if they are being a minge but if they are the one being accused I would freeze them and check if they had done anything wrong and deal with it accordingly.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: yes it could be seen as a form of harassment
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: an example would be nocliping through walls to get to raidables and I would get another staff and report them on the forums
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: to stop them from continuing i would bring the player and freeze them with my physgun and depending on the # of kills i would ban for mass rdm (if I cant ban for that long I would ask for a ban extension)
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would talk to the mayor and tell him to turn it off or state a reason and if he continues to refuse I would demote the mayor.

Extra Comments: I've been playing this server for a long time and it was one of my first gmod servers and I loved it immediately and been playing non-stop ever since! i joined 03/10/2021 5:17 AM and hope to be a great addition to the staff team.

SUPER BIG LION.png

Edited by davidmason
time zone correction and adding detail to answers and revising

11 hours ago, davidmason said:
  • Timezone: PT

Because We both live in the same state I know you meant PST

• List all default Laws of The Land: aos/kos laws need 10 sec interval before enforcing, money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal, small bitcoin racks are legal, threats are illegal, harming other people is illegal unless self defense. kidnapping, theft is illegal, shooting in public is illegal, aos/kos laws must be aos only unless the pd officer life is in danger.

AOS/KOS Laws must have a 10 second warning before enforcing. I think thats what you meant but Worded it differently.

• A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: i would return them if they are the victim but if the defendant I would freeze them and check if they had done anything wrong and deal with it accordingly.

I have done this where its clear they are just being a meng It can some times be clear by what they are saying over mic and what they are doing (running around spamming props) But unless its super obvious I'd like to at try and get there attention once before dismissing the ticket out right.

• A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would stop the lockdown myself and demote the mayor.

Not every situation needs to be handled in a Extreme fashion. You can talk to the mayor first and ask him to and explain the rules and then if he still won't then demote him. IF its a repeat offender and a known trouble maker then perhaps a auto demote would be warranted

+/-

Edited by TangoDown
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TangoDown said:

Because We both live in the same state I know you meant PST

AOS/KOS Laws must have a 10 second warning before enforcing. I think thats what you meant but Worded it differently.

I have done this where its clear they are just being a meng It can some times be clear by what they are saying over mic and what they are doing (running around spamming props) But unless its super obvious I'd like to at try and get there attention once before dismissing the ticket out right.

Not every situation needs to be handled in a Extreme fashion. You can talk to the mayor first and ask him to and explain the rules and then if he still won't then demote him. IF its a repeat offender and a known trouble maker then perhaps a auto demote would be warranted

I think David would make a great addition to the staff team But would like to see more activity (forums, Discord etc)

7 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

+1, just be more active on the forums

this account is new I was more active before

4 hours ago, BadGraphics said:

hmm, idk david +/- but leaning +1

You are a pretty active member of aether but i feel like your personality changes on the day. Sometimes you are the guy calling the sits and notifying the staff of rule breakers, BUT other times you are the rule breaking and sometimes can be spotted really testing the limits of the rules!

I personally find you rather trust worthy and you are almost never lying about your intentions! I also think you act more mature then your age suggests. I gasped when i heard you were 14! 

I do think your app could have been filled out a little better (you can always edit it 😉 ) I just feel like some of your answers could have a little more explanation behind them! 

Good luck david! and if I have a couple more positive interactions with you, it’ll be a +1 from me! Sometimes minges make the best staff!! 

yes i do tend to bend the rules time to time. i am trying to do better. thanks for the heads up on editing and thank you for the good luck!

Have you used any names other than David Mason?
2f2fa6650eef1c307a6da8b1aa7c3116.png

This is what I can see for your playtime in the last month. In it's current state it's not enough to be accepted.

I saw you haven't been warned in a month and thought it was a good sign but it looks like it's related to the lack of playtime.

If you pick up your activity to a consistent level while not receiving any more warns I'd be willing to +1 you

for now -1 based on lack of activity but I hope it changes 

+1 You seem to have community backing and are reasonably an overall nice guy it seems, although what revolt brought up is very concerning when trying to become staff, it's important to have plenty of playtime and community interaction before being accepted for staff so try to bring up your playtime within this next week or so and I believe you would make a good staff member, good luck on your journey.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RevoltPlays said:

Have you used any names other than David Mason?
2f2fa6650eef1c307a6da8b1aa7c3116.png

This is what I can see for your playtime in the last month. In it's current state it's not enough to be accepted.

I saw you haven't been warned in a month and thought it was a good sign but it looks like it's related to the lack of playtime.

If you pick up your activity to a consistent level while not receiving any more warns I'd be willing to +1 you

for now -1 based on lack of activity but I hope it changes 

yes revolt i took a break but i intend to play a lot now. i used to be very active but i had moved my pc to an area that did not have good internet so could not play. but i moved it back

• Like 1

+1

Just get your activity up more and I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to be a part of the staff team. It seems like you have good support from the community just make sure you do nothing to mess up this opportunity to become staff

Edited by Oogla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oogla said:

+1

Just get your activity up more and I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to be a part of the staff team. It seems like you have good support from the community just make sure you do nothing to mess up this opportunity to become staff

thanks i will

ACCEPTED

I haven't interacted with you much however you have managed to gain a lot of positive Community Feedback and earned yourself a shot at T-Mod to let us see what you're capable of. Good luck and be sure to wait for your Mentor before you begin to take sits. 

Your assigned Mentor is: @Dreadnaught

Be sure to click on and read all links below before taking a sit - keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Cool 1