Drunks Staff App

Drunk0

In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Drunk

Steam ID: Drunk

Discord Tag: Josh.#5342

Total Playtime: 1.5kk plus hours on dark rp servers/ 3 days on this server

Timezone: US Central

Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/id/turdling1234

Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): AM (I work as a Social worker from 5pm-3am 4-5 days a week so pretty much anytime after or before I am online)

General Questions

How can you contribute to Aether?: My full time job is helping people, I have years of staffing experience, and I have enjoyed this server much more than any other. if I am offered the position I plan on being active at least 4 hours a day (I don't have much of a life outside of work) and I am also mainly on in the AM when staff members aren't usually on, so I could be the go-to nightly staff member. I enjoy fixing things, and I flourish in pressured situations. I believe I would make aether a better place.

Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes, as soon as I joined this server and read over the rules it immediately made me like this server, I have read them several times and have even corrected staff before on them.

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes, you should always listen to advice and take it into account, I believe I have the rules down to a pin but not everyone is perfect and advice is always welcomed!

Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes, especially in the AM when no staff are usually on, I am usually a night owl.

DarkRP Rule Questions

Raids can last how long?: You have 10 minutes from initiation to raid and leave the base, Base camping is not Permitted.

What initiates a raid?:   A raid advert or first attempt at lockpicking/cracking/etc, unless it is a entity accessible without a raiding advert

If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No, you must announce that you are raiding via /Advert Raid, and you may only kill the player if they are within interfering distance.

List all default Laws of The Land:

1.) Raiding is illegal

2.) Money printers, drugs, and explosives are illegal.

3.) Bitcoin racks are illegal (small versions not included).

4.) Harming other citizens is illegal except in self-defense.

5.) Threats are illegal

6.) Kidnapping and theft are illegal

7.) Shooting firearms in public is illegal

8.) Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the officer’s life is in danger.

9.) AOS/KOS laws must have a 10 second warning before enforcing them.

How many bases can you own per party?: 1 base per party

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: There are a number of ways to go about this situation, I may not be close to anyone personally on this server but I am very good at reading personalities/intentions even just by talking to them for a few moments so because of that my answer is, If the player is just attempting to disrupt others enjoyment of the server then the punishment would be more severe, but if they are having a hard time adjusting to the rules/playerbase or the other party is making the difficult player's time on this server not enjoyable then the severity of the punishment will go down, if it's even deserved at all.

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes, That is a form of cyber bullying in my opinion. I do not intent to let anyone feel mistreated if I am offered this position. There are many ways for everyone to have fun on this server without hurting peoples feelings.

Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: The best example from my experience would be staff being biased towards players they have connections too, If I am watching the sit and I notice a player is not getting a fair treatment because the staff and accuser are friends, I would ask the staff member if I could take the sit over, if he/she refuses and gives the player a unfair punishment anyway, I would report it to a higher up and show them the recording of the sit. (im always recording)

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would teleport and jail the player(s), talk to them about the situation and attempt to fix it, if the player refuses to stop rdming and only intends to ruin others playtime then the punishment would be much worse and possibly a ban.

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this? The mayor cannot enable lockdown's without reason, I would teleport the mayor to me and demand that he/she turn it off, if they refuse I will demote them, if the problem occurs with the same player a warn may come in to place

EXTRA COMMENTS

If I am chosen for this role I promise that I will exceed your expectations. I enjoy this server more than any other I have played on and I have years of staffing experience and I am a bit of a gmod veteran I guess I would say, ive been playing darkrp for over 6 years and have come upon just about any situation you can think of. I always read both sides of matters and ask myself what I would have done in their shoes. My current job is actually a social worker, in which I help troubled kids find better homes, my job has helped build my maturity and patience to another level and if I am picked for this position no player will come out of a sit unhappy I promise :D.

Any comments, concerns or anything please reply and let me know, I would very much enjoy staffing for this server and will take any help I can get.

Also I apologize if this is somewhat hard to read or manage, I had a bit of a struggle setting this up.

Edited by Drunk0

I realize I could be a example of a fly by night player due to the low-ish playtime on the server, but thats only because Ive been working 12 hour shifts for the last 6 months and have not had a chance to play as much, but that ended last month and my playtime will shoot up and I will be more known in the server, especially if I am considered for this position.

@Novva my intention wasn't I wont play unless I get staff, I am sorry if it was poor wording, only that I would play even more often to help staff the server and ensure noone ruin's anyones play-time, it's tough to keep a dark rp server doing this well in this day and age so props to the owners for that one. but staff also contribute greatly to that by ensuring internet troll's don't turn players away. that's why I would probly play more if I was offered the position, although i've been on for a great deal of my free time lately anyway. Hopefully I can change your mind!

• Like 1

You seem pretty cool Drunk I've seen you a couple times on the server. And I think you'd work really well with players, 2 days and 4 hours isn't really the greatest amount of time seeing as you haven't really had enough time to get to know the server a bit better, having around 3 days or more is a lot better. Judging on your answers they were very well written answers. The only problem I see how active you can be which isn't really an issue but its nice to have someone on.

23 hours ago, Novva said:

👀 -1 for this statement alone why do you need staff to play consistently?

I do agree on what Novva says would you only get on if you were to get accepted. It would be kind of bad you wouldn't really meet the community and you'd only get on to do sits is what I'm seeing, you don't just get staff for the title and I understand you want to help people but it can get very boring and you can lose a lot of interest in the server if you aren't doing anything differently. so for know I think it'll be a -1/+1

1 hour ago, Dreadnaught said:

+/-

You seem mature and have a very detailed app which Is always a good thing

I will agree better wording could have been used for some of the questions, as well as your time/activity is slightly low

I believe my answer will change in time as I see you more and get to know you, good luck!

Agree with Dreadnaught 

ACCEPTED

Although you are very new to Aether and haven't got the best playtime your attitude appears to be spot-on for someone we'd want to be a Staff member, I am willing to give you this early chance to show us what you can do - if there are issues with rule knowledge or Staffing in general you will have your Mentor at your side to assist along with the rest of the Staff team. Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Bryan @BryanV2

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)