Ozymandias Staff Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): [Ozy/Ozymandias]
  • Steam ID: [76561198148816510]
  • Discord Tag: [Ozy<3AR#0805]
  • Total Playtime: [1w 4d]
  • Timezone: [EST]
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198148816510/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 3pm-1am

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can help the community more than an average staff member because usually staff isn't on during late at night / early morning when certain early bird players experiences are ruined by Minges, and note I will also be on moderating other than late at night. I am usually active on the forums and try to join vc's when I see people in them. I am very unbiased in sits due to the nature of the players experience being one of the most important things to the server as it will keep them on and contributing to the server (this is what keeps me unbiased). I can accept advice from higher staff and even staff on the same or below me if that were the case as all staff's input is always important. I know that people can get upset with me if I enforce the rules and I accept that fully and will never use my staff powers to abuse the system Jouaram has set to make sure that people who break the rules are punished appropriately.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: yes I have after my incident and learned from my mistakes and feel comfortable in enforcing the rules as correctly as possible while staffing.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: yes absolutely as they have more experience on server moderating than I do and think that their opinions on situations takes prescient over mine as they are my seniors.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: I can definitely staff for 7 hours a week

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes in a single raid unless you destroy all raidables then you cannot camp the base in question
  • What initiates a raid?: adverting, lockpicking, keypad keypad cracking, emping, any other form of breaching and entering such as blowtorching and etc.
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: If you haven't announced the raid yet then no you cannot kill them, but if they are near the base as you do actually advert raid then yes you may shoot the owner
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • Raiding is illegal, Money Printers Drugs and explosives are illegal
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal unless they are the small ones
  • Harming others is illegal unless its self defense
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming are illegal
  • Shooting guns in public is illegal
  • AOS/KOS is a 10 second countdown before enforcing.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS not KOS unless imminent death is about to occur
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1 base per party.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Depends on what they are doing, if kill binding I will freeze them and try to explain to them to stop kill binding and if they continue then after checking if they did the offense, will be banned for NITRP Minging And other offenses, if they were being loud and disruptive, I would mute them and explain to them I am trying to conduct a sit and for that to produce results I will need them to compose themselves, if they continue then I will keep them muted until I am ready for their response and if the continue then I will keep them gagged until the sit is over.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: yes absolutely because one players "fun" ruining another's by rdm, harassment, and minging isn't justifiable nor "for fun" constitutes such behavior.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Staff NoClipping into a bade for Raids and physgunning players or being very biased in a sit, I would record this using a plethera of things from geforce to overwolf and post it into staff reports on the forum or send it to jouaram for him to deal with it.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?:I would teleport them if it was mrdm and first figure out why they mrdmd and explain to them why it is very wrong to do then ban them, and then if it was separate cases and they weren't banned at that point try to understand their lack of knowledge or respect for the rules and then proceed to take the steps to enforce the rules after explaining the rules to them and try to sway the players opinion of rdming on the server in the process so we may have a well committed player to the community later on
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would ask them to turn it off politely, if they refuse I would tell them if they don't then they will be demoted for Nitrp.

Extra Comments: I have learned from my errors of my last staff app and my offense I have gotten, I hope that moving forward I can be a good example of what a model Aether player would look like. I hope my latest resolve of being more active in the server even after my incident has shown that I really do care about the server and what happens to the community. I would also like to address that I can be truly unbiased as I care about all of your experiences equally from close friend to random all that matters is the players experience.  Anyways, Happy Holidays everyone 💗 🎁

Edited by Ozymandias

• Ozymandias changed the title to Ozymandias Staff Application
4 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would ask them to turn it off politely, if they refuse I would tell them if they don't then they will be demoted for Nitrp, if they continue I will then have them demoted, and if they keep continuing this offense I will call a higher up to help me sort the player out and find out why they are being so difficult

You are repeating your answer here in this section.

4 hours ago, Ozymandias said:
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • You enforce the laws the KOS/AOS 
  • Raiding/money printers/drugs/bitcoin big racks are illegal unless the printers are in the bank
  • harming others are illegal unless self defense,threats are illegal,kidnapping and theft are illegal.
  • Shooting other players is illegal and you will be arrested 
  • KOS/AOS is a 10 second cool down before enforcing the law that the person broke, unless shooting other civa

This section is wrong.

-/+

From reading your application I will have to give you a neutral vote -/for the reasons above, if you go back and fix this I will be inclined to change my opinion on your staff application. Also provide as much detail as possible in each answer, feel free to go all out and give it your best, just be sure to proof read your application so that way you don't have redundant answers.

• Builder 1

15 minutes ago, The Oogla said:

This section is wrong.

-/+

From reading your application I will have to give you a neutral vote -/for the reasons above, if you go back and fix this I will be inclined to change my opinion on your staff application. Also provide as much detail as possible in each answer, feel free to go all out and give it your best, just be sure to proof read your application so that way you don't have redundant answers.

my apologies I did end up rushing because I was doing this in between my passing periods, I will change it now

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

• Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: yes absolutely 

I know it doesn’t ask for it but maybe give some context on how you’d handle the situation, other than that +1 I think you’d make a good staff member 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Oogla said:

This section is wrong.

-/+

Agreed app doesn't seem bad but if you gave it a little more effort It could be something we can get behind.

• Builder 1

On 12/20/2021 at 4:06 PM, The Oogla said:

This section is wrong.

-/+

+1

Changing my opinion on the application based on corrections and playing with you in-game, you are friendly and welcoming and that is what we need on the staff team. I hope to see you soon, good luck!

Edited by Oogla
  • Love 1

ACCEPTED

You have improved on following the rules since your first hiccup with the refinery's, I think it'd be silly to hold that against you considering how well you took the punishment and how much you've persisted since - you have definitely earned the right to show us what you've got as Staff. Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @RevoltPlays

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)