Kutakazi's Staff Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application

In-Game Name: Kutakazi
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:218875193
Discord Tag: Kutakazi#9888
Total Playtime: 6d 5h (At the time of writing)
Timezone: GMT+10/11 (AU)
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Kutakazi/
Times you're most active: Normally 4 pm - 8 pm, GMT +10/11. Currently unpredictable. 

General Questions

How can you contribute to Aether?:

As I am in a differing timezone from most players on this server, I can handle situations that normally won't have many people on to handle.
 I go into staff situations with the mindset that the respondent is ALWAYS innocent until proven guilty. If there is no evidence either from logs or from video/screenshot proof, I do not give any form of punishment. If the players in the staff situation are just arguing back and forth with no evidence, I will explain that I am unable to act until evidence is received. 
I am lenient to players who are cooperative in a staff situation. If they understand that they have done something wrong, and are willing to own up about their action, they will be met with lenient punishments if allowed. 

Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?:

Yes, I am confident that I fully understand and is competent in enforcing the rules. 
Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?:

I am willing to listen to any feedback to improve myself as a staff member, and as a person in general. 
Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?:

I am certain I will have the ability to staff for several hours a week. 

DarkRP Rule Questions

Raids can last how long?:

Raids can last 10 minutes from raid initiation.
What initiates a raid?:

A raid is initiated by an advert or the first attempt at any type of breach.
If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?:

You are unable to kill the base owner without adverting that you are raiding. Once you have adverted a raid, you can kill the base owner if they are within interfering distance. 
List all default Laws of The Land: 
The default laws of the land are: raiding, theft and kidnapping are illegal; inflicting harm onto others is illegal unless in self-defence; printers, large bitcoin racks, drugs and explosives are illegal; shooting in public is illegal; any KOS/AOS need a 10-second warning before enforcing; laws must be enforced with AOS unless the officer’s life is in danger.
How many bases can you own per party?: 
A party can only own one base. 
A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: 
As there are multiple different ways a player can refuse to cooperate in a staff situation, I am only going to explain a few. However, after warning to cooperate they continue to be uncooperative, their punishment will not be met with any leniency or if allowed, a harsher punishment.
If the player is mic spamming or chat spamming:
They will be warned to stop. If they continue, they will be gagged/muted. Possible additional punishment added.
If the player is kill binding/running away from the sit:
They will be warned to stop. If they continue, they will be brought and frozen.  Possible additional punishment added.
If the player harms another player of staff in the sit:
They will be frozen, with additional punishment added. (A/RDM in Sit)

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: 
You can punish a player for intentionally ruining another player’s time, even if they say it is out of fun. This is extremely similar to the argument of ‘if a joke isn’t funny, is it still a joke?’ If the other player makes a sit about the instigator, and it is found that the instigator did not break any rules, then I will warn the instigator that continuing to ruin the other player’s time may result in a harassment punishment. However, if the instigator has a previous history of ruining others time for their own enjoyment, they will be punished instead of warned. 
Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: 
Deleting/moving props from base to raid. This situation is clearly intentional from the staff member abusing their powers. I would confront them, and send evidence to higher-ups. If they continue to abuse their power even after confronting them, I would just collect and send evidence to higher-ups to handle. 
A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?:
If a player is excessively RDMing, they will be frozen to stop them from continuing to affect other players. I will teleport the player into a staff sit and ask for their reason and explain why they can not RDM. I am of the opinion that everyone should be given a chance to learn from their mistakes, even if they do not want to. I will then check the amount killed or if they had intended to kill more (which if they are excessively RDMing,  will be the case) and punish accordingly, checking and adding punishment if they have a previous punishment/s.
A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: 
I will resolve this by teleporting the mayor into a sit, explaining that a reason is needed to have a lockdown, and is currently required to disable the lockdown. If they do not agree I would demote the player from the mayor job.

Extra Comments:

I have half a year of staffing experience on Gmod, however, this experience will not translate directly between servers. I am open to any criticism and suggestions on this application, while I am in a staff position and even if I am not accepted into a staff position. 

On the forums, I usually abstain from posting my opinion, as I fear my opinion may be incorrect or my affect another user's opinion.

I love reading ban appeals for some odd reason. I don't know why.

Edited by XxSillyWabbitxX
Error

On 12/23/2021 at 5:53 AM, XxSillyWabbitxX said:

On the forums, I usually abstain from posting my opinion, as I fear my opinion may be incorrect or my affect another user's opinion.

I like most of your application, your time is ok, your answers are pretty good.

-/+

Two issues I have is your activity on the forums and how this is your only post due to your fear of your opinion being incorrect as this shows me that you are hessitant to speak your mind on subjects. I also haven't seen you on in-game and I usually am on all the time. Get your forum activity up and I'll change to a +1

Edited by Ozymandias

23 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

-/+

Two issues I have is your activity on the forums and how this is your only post due to your fear of your opinion being incorrect as this shows me that you are hessitant to speak your mind on subjects. I also haven't seen you on in-game and I usually am on all the time. Get your forum activity up and I'll change to a +1

this guy literally does not get off gmod hes an AU money grinding champion

+/- leaning + just from the application.

This application is very well done, however I have only seen you online a few times, likely our timezones are at fault, but I would like to interact with you more before making a final decision and just to see how you act in game.

6 hours ago, XxSillyWabbitxX said:

I love reading ban appeals for some odd reason. I don't know why.

Also me too. I for some reason read through all the ban appeals when I first joined

+1

Here’s why;

- Competent staff application, with reasonable explanations for each answer

- Playtime in the server is more than 3 days which is what we recommend for time here

- Brief interaction with you in game and you seem like chill person

I personally think that you deserve a position on the staff team. You would be a good representation of what we are searching for in applicants like yourself. Good luck and see you on the server!

21 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

-/+

This

+/-

1 hour ago, Dreadnaught said:

I'm also +/-

The application is decent, but I have only seen you on the server once and that was to warn you in a sit
(I understand we have different timezones but that just happens to be my only encounter ever seeing you)

Despite that, it wasn't a malicious rulebreak and believe it was an accident on your part and don't see any problem with it
It's always good to have staff in different timezones and this could work out well for us
I will up my +/- to + if I see more positive things about you, Good luck!

+/- ill try to be on more and see you as wel;

On 12/23/2021 at 9:31 AM, RevoltPlays said:

+/- leaning + just from the application.

This application is very well done, however I have only seen you online a few times, likely our timezones are at fault, but I would like to interact with you more before making a final decision and just to see how you act in game.

Also me too. I for some reason read through all the ban appeals when I first joined

Because People don't think when they apply so in many cases they just say the most foolish things to try and get over and unbanned not realizing how silly there argument is.

• Like 1

ACCEPTED

I have seen you around the server and you're one of the more chill players, I think you will do well as Staff as long as you put effort in and can work well with other Staff members/Mentors giving you assistance and tips. Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Oogla

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)