Crippledcarl1's Staff Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Crippledcarl1
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:86365633
  • Discord Tag: Crippledcarl1#5812
  • Total Playtime: 3d 2h 50m
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Crippledcarl1/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Varies but mostly 1pm to ~ 5am

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: More hands for sits and minor administrative experience
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: yes (but ill keep that tab open just incase i'm uncertain on a rule)
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: I can if I dont give in to Executive disfunction and i have no life just church and PT (Physical Therapy)

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 mins
  • What initiates a raid?: an advert like /advert (Raid) [or] /advert (Party Raid)
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: the rules (You can kill the Owner of the base if they are close to it (within interfering distance).) dont clearly state yes or no seems like yes but id say no
  • List all default Laws of The Land: (i hope the fact i copy pasted is ok i have read them)                                                                                                                                              Raiding is illegal.
    Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
    Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
    Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
    Life Threats are illegal.
    Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
    Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
    Using dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
    Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
    Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
    Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.

• How many bases can you own per party?: 1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: this question is situational if the player refuses to talk/type ill threaten a warn(!warn xXDouchenozzleXx (Refusal to talk during a sit))/kick(!kick VirginLord69 (Non compliance during a sit))/ban(!ban _Dillon_ 24h (Staff Disrespect)) depending on how they handle the situation and if all else fails ill just have to rely on logs and other witnesses. if the player is being generally unhelpful on purpose IE wasting time/arguing/making noises probably a mute untill i need them and if consistently being disruptive a warn/kick/ban depending on how they handle the situation
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: yes
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: using godmode / No-clip during a raid as for punishment i'd need to discuss further with a higher rank admin but i would probably just !warn WackAdmin32 (admin abuse {No-clip/Godmode during raid}) not sure thats how you do the command but you get the idea 
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: hopefully they see reason in conversation (or in a physgun grab) if during conversation i deem they'll continue RDMing probably a 48hr to indefinite ban depending on severity
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: talk with them to truly see if they wont turn it off / give an advert for a reason then if they dont i tell them im disabling the lockdown myself and if they turn it back on w/o a reasonable advert im striping them of the mayor job / warning them depending on how they handle the situation

Extra Comments: i started on this late last night and im a good bit tired right now as i finish this but i hope you find everything agreeable if not i'd love to hear your criticisms thanks for your time 

Edited by Crippledcarl1
updated playtime from 2d 5h 6m to 3d 2h 50m

1 hour ago, Pooshi said:

I think you missed a crucial part of the prompt for this one. You quoted the relevant rule though

A bit of a longer answer for this, as well as maybe a scenario could be beneficial. Answered correctly though

This is right, but you aren't able to warn other staff on this server. The first thing you should do would be to talk to a higher up, so your answer is correct.

Incorrect ban time, but trying to reason with them first is a good way to handle it.

This app is pretty good, and you've been nothing but pleasant in conversations on discord and in game. Your playtime isn't an issue for me, but you'd get more positive reps if you had 3 days minimum. I'd say the problems I went over in this reply are insignificant and can be easily corrected, but you should still edit your app to fix the mistakes. 

Overall, I give this a +1.

Best of luck to you.

+1

18 minutes ago, DreadnaughtV2 said:

CONCLUSION:

Your playtime isn't too bad but I would like to see more forum activity... (Forums can be a great place to stay up to date on Aether and interact more with the community you will hopefully one day be staffing!)

Some of your answers could use a tad more detail, but some seemed...overly complicated?

I don't really have too much negative to say though, I'll keep an eye out for ya to see how you are doing as time progresses and hopefully give you a better endorsement!

For now I think I will say +/- with a lean towards +

This pretty much sums it up I'm +/- as well

+1 Although low playtime I think you would be a good staff considering you have some experience and from what I've see you are a nice person in game. Your "how can I contribute to Aether" question could use some work but besides from that I think you deserve a shot. Good Luck!

Edited by FlameZ
my bad lol

7 hours ago, FlameZ said:

+1 Although low playtime I think you would be a good staff considering you have some experience and from what I've see you are a nice person in game. Your "how can I contribute to Aether" question could use some work but besides from that I think you deserve a shit. Good Luck!

Deserve a Hwhat now?

Hey Yall i Appreciate all the kind words and constructive criticism. I love the color coding as it helps my brain latch to things, And properly "file" it. a few things id like to address as for the comment made by DreadnaughtV2 on my up and down complication (Note the quote)

On 1/28/2022 at 2:27 PM, DreadnaughtV2 said:

Some of your answers could use a tad more detail, but some seemed...overly complicated?

Well This is a good part of the explanation 

On 1/28/2022 at 12:16 AM, Crippledcarl1 said:

Extra Comments: i started on this late last night and im a good bit tired right now as i finish this but i hope you find everything agreeable if not i'd love to hear your criticisms thanks for your time 

As for the Forum activity i dont find forums to be my thing but i tend to be quite active on discord

On 1/28/2022 at 2:27 PM, DreadnaughtV2 said:

Your playtime isn't too bad but I would like to see more forum activity... (Forums can be a great place to stay up to date on Aether and interact more with the community you will hopefully one day be staffing!)

As for the many "This could be changed/edited" i think this app shows best where my mind goes in a bind or a quick situation and i dont intend on editing it  other than playtime. Although i can be trained rather easily and will take direction just as easy.

As for the many + and Good Luck's i appreciate it and am thankful for your support

oh and also Pooshi gets a + as an admin in my books ive seen nothing but good stuff from them

P.S. David watch the feels man... (Joke)

Edited by Crippledcarl1
m was out of place
  • Love 1

On 1/28/2022 at 10:27 AM, DreadnaughtV2 said:

Just a teeny tiny bit shorter than we usually like, but if your playtime remains consistent I don't see a huge problem with this

If this question seems confusing to you, focus on the last half of the question, thats the key.....You didn't get the answer wrong though, so nothing negative to say about it 🙂

These aren't exactly things we would do on staff, but thats understandable as I wouldn't expect you to know the exact proper wording and punishments in an application.z

The latter part of your answer about muting and stuff is absolutely correct though.

We usually dont just throw out indefinite bans unless they are necessary, of course, like I said above I can't really expect you to know these things, just giving some insight.

CONCLUSION:

I don't really have too much negative to say though, I'll keep an eye out for ya to see how you are doing as time progresses and hopefully give you a better endorsement!

For now I think I will say +/- with a lean towards +
Good Luck Crippled!

also +/- leaning towards +

ACCEPTED

Your activity has been exceptional since applying and your application is 'decent' however the most important thing is that your personality and attitude towards the server is healthy and you've created positive interactions with other players, everything else can be learned during your T-Mod phase. 

Good luck! 

Your assigned Mentor is: @Oogla

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)