hann's ★ Staff Application

On 3/2/2022 at 7:46 PM, Nitehawk said:
  • Raids can last how long?: From the moment it is averted, there is 10 minutes to complete the raid.
  • What initiates a raid?: A raid is initiated when a player adverts “Raid” in chat.

0871996b1ad73522f22e08f79142cf6a.png

Raids are initiated by the first action such as lockpicking or killing, not the advert itself

• If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: You are able to return once the arrest timer has ended.

dd2b7a4f0d69cf2b2a5831a985f110ea.png

Getting arrested would initiate the raid cooldown timer which would not allow them to return after an arrest.

• A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Without a valid reason, damaging or killing another player is RDM/Attempted RDM and is to be dealt with as so.

This question is asking what specific punishment you would give / how you would handle that type of scenario.

• A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Firstly, I’d freeze the player and then I’d attempt to de-escalate the situation, allowing them a chance to voice their side of the story, administering the correct punishment once done. If this doesn’t work and they decide to continue not cooperating, I would mute/gag the player, list the rules they are breaking and the punishments that follow.

Majority of the time starting with freezing someone will escalate a situation rather than de-escalate it. I would definitely exhaust other options to handle someone who appears irritated/uncooperative than freezing them and potentially making it worse. 

• A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?Well, excessive RDM falls under Mass RDM and should be dealt with as so. I would first freeze the player, move them to an isolated area and ask why they are RDMing. I would then check their previous warnings and determine the punishment.

Just like the other one freezing shouldn't be an initiative action. It's unnecessary and irritates players. The way I see it as a staff member, if you don't freeze them and they kill you during the sit, that's a blessing. That'll save you the entire sit and give you a verdict far easier. Saved probably hours of added time at this point by giving people the opportunity to RDM me in a sit instead of just freezing them the second I TP them.

• Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: If the player in question has broken any of the server rules, then yes. Examples of breaking the server rules could include a player spamming their microphone around particular players just to annoy them.

The key word in this question is "intentionally". Even if something is not against the rules, if it is making an environment unfun for others then a lot of times with the permission of a higher ranked staff member, you can still enforce at your discretion. For example, a guy is following around a group of girls and bothering them to the point where it is borderline harassment but not enough to be considered harassment. At that point, you can still tell the person to avoid RPing with those girls and even though he's not technically breaking any rules, would still be a viable option for creating a better environment. If a player is ever intentionally ruining the fun of others, often times you can still step in with your discretion and try to find a solution. A big portion of people in Garrys Mod are those who just loophole rules to bother people.

+/-

+Seems nice

+Active

-App could use some work

-From what I've seen in-game you can be mingey at times

Overall, having you go through the trial phase wouldn't hurt anyone. Good luck

Edited by Dildozerr

6 hours ago, Dildozerr said:

0871996b1ad73522f22e08f79142cf6a.png

Raids are initiated by the first action such as lockpicking or killing, not the advert itself

How the rules read it is a tad bit confusing but a Proper initation of a raid and what you should do Before you start any raiding action is to /advert. (I did highlight this in my Post but forgot to detail it.

dd2b7a4f0d69cf2b2a5831a985f110ea.png

Getting arrested would initiate the raid cooldown timer which would not allow them to return after an arrest.

Right well you could go back but cannot continue the raid witch I also

Majority of the time starting with freezing someone will escalate a situation rather than de-escalate it. I would definitely exhaust other options to handle someone who appears irritated/uncooperative than freezing them and potentially making it worse. 

Sure but some times Your options are limited. "Talking" to some one to try and deescalate 99.99% of the time isn't going to work with out some other action to SNAP there attention to focusing on the task at hand. Its a very common practice to Freeze a player in place when they are being uncooperative and Running around trying to avoid the admin or Gag/Mute them if they will not stop and listen.

Just like the other one freezing shouldn't be an initiative action. It's unnecessary and irritates players. The way I see it as a staff member, if you don't freeze them and they kill you during the sit, that's a blessing. That'll save you the entire sit and give you a verdict far easier. Saved probably hours of added time at this point by giving people the opportunity to RDM me in a sit instead of just freezing them the second I TP them.

So what we should just let them continue on with there behavior while we try to ban them? You are right in the regards if they RDM during a sit that makes judgment much easier. None the less the question as it is stated "A player is excessively RDMing" key word here "IS" meaning there is a 99.999% chance he/she is already on track to being banned. So I don't understand why You wouldn't "Irritate" them or inconvenience them by freezing them as they have already irritate at least 3 other players

I appreciate that you are trying to help But your understanding of some of these topics/questions are not quite in line with what the reality of the situation is.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TangoDown said:

I appreciate that you are trying to help But your understanding of some of these topics/questions are not quite in line with what the reality of the situation is.

Well the first 2 you quoted are just you contradicting the rules themselves not really me. According to the rules the answers are wrong. And for the other 2 that's opinion-based and what I believe a good staff member would do. If you staff differently that is up to you. It's subjective. Saying It's "not in line with the reality of the situation" is weird. You can just disagree lol

8 minutes ago, Dildozerr said:

Well the first 2 you quoted are just you contradicting the rules themselves not really me. According to the rules the answers are wrong. And for the other 2 that's opinion-based and what I believe a good staff member would do. If you staff differently that is up to you. It's subjective. Saying It's "not in line with the reality of the situation" is weird. You can just disagree lol

Not quite On the first question I quoted from you about the advert raid I said we "Commonly accept /advert Raid as the correct answer" and thus why I said "Some of these topic/questions"  Rules cannot be perfect to cover every situation so we use "common sense" to try and enforce them to the best of our ability and as best as we try we still get things wrong from time to time.

28 minutes ago, TangoDown said:

Not quite On the first question I quoted from you about the advert raid I said we "Commonly accept /advert Raid as the correct answer" and thus why I said "Some of these topic/questions"  Rules cannot be perfect to cover every situation so we use "common sense" to try and enforce them to the best of our ability and as best as we try we still get things wrong from time to time.

I dont understand what you're arguing against though I didn't say any of that except for the first part lol

and if you want to accept that as correct I mean, go for it? not a big deal just according to the rules its always in the entirety of ret and aether both been initiated by an act of raiding such as lockpicking, not adverts. And it says that in the rules.

its such an insignificant topic to argue about lol

Edited by Dildozerr
  • Like 1

• hann changed the title to hann's ★ Staff Application

ACCEPTED

You're a relatively 'new' member to the Community but have already made an impact and are on the Discord and server pretty much every day, your play schedule is decent for the peak times of the server (surprisingly for AEST) which is good. I've not interacted with you too much but I haven't seen many things that would make me not want to accept the application. Listen to your fellow Staff and you'll do solid, good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Jouaram

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Cool 1
  • Silly 1