McBussy's Staff Appilcation!

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): McBussy, Musical McBussy
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:59784356
  • Discord Tag: Niail#1821
  • Total Playtime: 1w 5h 52m
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/McNiail/]
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Schedule fluctuates due to work. Most nights is After 10PM

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?I can contribute to Aether by bringing fresh new ideas in the ways of  hosting in-game and outside events (Discord, Fourms contest) and overall improving the well-being of the server and the community
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?Yes, I have fully read the rules and understand them. I feel comfortable enforcing them at this current time.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes, I haven't been staff for a DarkRP server in years so I'm gonna need to get back up to speed.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?I believe I will be able at this current time.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: Raids can last a maximum of 10 minutes
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: In order to raid the same base again, you must wait 20 minutes.
  • What initiates a raid?: To initiate a raid, a player must type /advert Raid in chat
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?Yes, you are able to steal as long as you are the correct job (Ex: Thief) and it is an open base.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?No, you are not allowed to kill the owner of the base if you have not initiated the raid
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: So this is a yes/no question. You are allowed to return to the base you were raiding after your arrest has expired BUT! you are not allowed to continue raiding. You would have to wait the 20 minute cooldown to raid the same base again.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, your not allowed to. This is considered Revenge RDM and can result in punishment. If you get RDM'd you should contact a staff member to deal with the situation.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Based on past experiences as staff, it would be treated as an RDM case so it would follow verbal warnings to more extreme punishments like jail time.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • Raiding is illegal.
  • Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  • Life Threats are illegal.
  • Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • Using dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  • Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • How many bases can you own per party?: A party can own only one base.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: From past experiences, I would deal with a non-cooperative player by trying to de-escalate the situation and explain to them what exactly they did wrong. If they continue to not co-operate, then using commands such as Gag or Mute would be an option to get their attention. If they don't proceed to co-operate by that point, tell them they will receive a warn or harsher punishment for their actions.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Not exactly, as long as the player in mention is not breaking any rules or is harassing any players its fine. But if rules are broken or they are harassing other players, then they will be punished accordingly
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle itAn example of a staff member abusing their powers would be doing raids in god-mode to have an unfair advantage. I would handle the situation by taking evidence with videos and logs (if possible) and report it to upper management.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If a player is excessively RDMing, I would intervene by checking logs and seeing how many people he has killed. If he has killed 3 or more people, that is considered Mass RDM and would result in a 3 day ban for them. But if it is on a case to case situation for example (RDMing every 5-10 minutes). Then punishment with warns, jails etc.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?If the mayor is refusing to end the lockdown, i would give him a verbal warning. If it keeps occurring then demotion from the job is needed.

Extra Comments: Uhh, thanks for taking the time and reading this I guess ❤️

Edited by McBussy
title change

• McBussy changed the title to McBussy's Staff Appilcation!
On 3/14/2022 at 6:04 AM, McBussy said:

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If a player is excessively RDMing, I would intervene by checking logs and seeing how many people he has killed. If he has killed 3 or more people, that is considered Mass RDM and would result in a 3 day ban for them. But if it is on a case to case situation for example (RDMing every 5-10 minutes). Then punishment with warns, jails etc.

Logs give you only the "Fact" of what occurred at the time and Can leave out details that would give the player just cause to Attack another player. Thusly why we don't necessarily take action for what APPEARS to be massRDM Logs sometimes only shows you Half of the story. If it where me and it appears that some one is mass RDM'ing I would immediately spectate them and have there name copied and pasted along with the freeze command i.e. "!freeze TangoDown".

It is important that we don't Over react to things we don't witness our self's. A lot of horse play goes on among friends and while some do not complain about RDM that dose not mean every one is miss behaving. Its a balancing act.

On 3/14/2022 at 6:04 AM, McBussy said:

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?:  If the mayor is refusing to end the lockdown, i would give him a verbal warning. If it keeps occurring then demotion from the job is needed.

You would want to resolve this by having them turn off the lock down if they still refuse You would demote them (change there job to citizen) Always good to give a second opportunity for them to correct the Behavior/issue and even if they don't then at least they know why they are being punished.

Conclusion

I have had watched you/interacted with you and seem to have a pretty good standing with the community. You have good comprehension of The rules though As even you said you will need to "get back up to speed" which is understandable. I belieave that with a little bit of training You will do just fine.

+1

On 3/14/2022 at 8:04 AM, McBussy said:

What initiates a raid?: To initiate a raid, a player must type /advert Raid in chat

Try to remember also,

Your first attempt at lockpicking/keypad cracking/any type of breaching is you initiating a raid.

+1

I don’t know you too well but other staff seem to like you and your app is decent.

5 hours ago, Bryan said:

Try to remember also,

Your first attempt at lockpicking/keypad cracking/any type of breaching is you initiating a raid.

+1

I don’t know you too well but other staff seem to like you and your app is decent.

Agreed, haven't meet McBussy.

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

Also why did you not include your age?

Some people don't like their age being out on the interwebs

ACCEPTED

You're pretty chill and have left a good impact on a lot of the regular players of Aether, usually when I see you playing you are hanging out with other players and interacting which is great. I think you are a good fit for Staff as long as you are able to listen and learn from your fellow Staff members plus mentor. Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Goose @Goosev2

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)