Dildozer's Returning to Staff??

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Dildozer (Very early Aether I think I went by Blue Panther for some time)
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:61542937
  • Discord Tag: ♔ Dildozer#3132
  • Total Playtime: 2W 4H 16M
  • Timezone: MST
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/roated/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Most days I can be active ranging from 12 pm - 3 am On days I work it will probably be more like 10 PM - 3 AM MST

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: In terms of how I can contribute if given the opportunity as staff, I can enforce rules as needed to ensure a fun environment for as many players as possible. A good amount of rules are not broken intentionally, but are a result of either not knowing or understanding the rules. I strive in having good patience to sit there with the player and walk them through where they went wrong and how they can avoid breaking rules in the future rather than just tossing out bans like Oprah and rushing my sits. With staffing I could also contribute the same way I had in the past by collaborating with Jouaram to build, host, and run fun, engaging events that increase the player base. Previously running them, they became a huge hit and sparked interest in players causing them to join the server at times of the events. I did well at connecting with the community to get feedback on what they wanted and catering to those interests. 
    Another way I contribute as a staff member would be the leadership qualities I possess. I think everyone has their own different strengths and weaknesses. What makes a team good is being able to cater for each other's weaknesses and help them grow. I loved mentoring for years on ret, as well as the months I was highly ranked on Aether. If there was ever an issue, I would step up and help in any way that I could. In terms of how I contribute as a player, I am always trying to engage with Jouaram in any dev work I can get my hands on. For many years I have helped test things on the server and helped both Jouaram and Deathie fix, update, or balance anything that they need. As well as give out a multitude of suggestions. I enjoy working on behind the scenes factors for the server and find it fun. 
  • Pictures of hosting events every single day that all got insanely positive feedback for organization, fun, and entertainment:
  • db41bfebff0f9f83de79f7b861c6694f.png
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes, I do. I know the rules like the back of my hand from enforcing them for so long. However, I realize they are subject to change often which leads me to my point below in the next answer.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Absolutely. Although I am trying to prove my qualifications, I don't want people thinking I am wanting this handed to me. I want, and am expecting to earn this position like everyone else. And considering rules change often, there may be situations that come up at some point where a higher ranked staff member knows more than me about a rule. I am willing to abide by their ruling and trust their judgement without contest.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: I'm looking to shoot for around a minimum of 20 hours a week at about 3 hours a day. 

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: Raids can last a maximum of 10 minutes starting at the raid's initiation.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: A raid cooldown is persistent across all party members. Meaning if ANY party member dies raiding a base, the entire party must wait 20 minutes before raiding the same base again. Unless it is the PD, in which case your party must wait the 10 minute PD raid cooldown. 
  • What initiates a raid?: A raid is officially initiated by any attempt of a raiding tool being used on a base according to the rules. Such as a lockpick, keypad cracker, ETC. When checking logs this should always be used as the indicator if possible however if not available, raid adverts are also commonly seen as a point of initiation although not specified in the rules. 
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: If a player's job is permitted to steal, then yes they may steal an item without an advert. For example, if a thief sneaks in through an already broken window, they may steal a printer out of that base without adverting raid so long as they did not have to force their entry. Whether or not a player is permitted to steal can be checked in-game with the F4 menu by clicking on the job, viewing the description.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): A valid raid advert would be "/advert raid" an invalid raid advert would be, "/advert I'm gonna steal your stuff!" or, "/advert PD Raid/Bank Raid/Raid/Raid Assist/Raid Over" 
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No, you can not kill the owner of the base before a raid is adverted. However, if you advert raid, you then can kill them if they are in a reasonable interfering distance such as described in this question. This is a situation where staff discretion comes in to determine what would be a reasonable interfering distance, but a rule used as old as time is usually using crosswalks as reference. With the mindset of "if a player is in-between the area of the crosswalk in front of you, and the crosswalk behind you, then they are in interfering distance. But like I said, staff are not robots and judgement is used regularly on these situations. 
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No you can not. An arrest is treated as a death essentially meaning you may not return to a raid or kill the person who arrested you. You must treat the arrest as a death, ending any ongoing raid and triggering a raid cooldown.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No. If an RDMer shoots you, you may defend yourself and kill them but must wait before you take damage. (Mass RDMers have the biggest storm trooper aim in existence this should be easy to do). The main reason for this is because sits become very sloppy when both players are breaking rules towards each other, and rather than ending in a situation where you get punished as well, it is better to just follow the rules while dealing with an RDMer. 
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: A punishment would fully depend on their previous warns, the context, and the player's attitude/cooperation during the sit. If they were cooperative and/or were under the impression it was just friends messing around, I would likely give the player a verbal warning for attempted RDM. If they were uncooperative, did it to a player that they have had previous issues with, or comes across as a troll, I would give a 5 minute jail given it is their first offense. If they either repeat the offenses, or have previous warns for that same offense, I would follow the punishment guidelines in escalating an RDM x1 punishment. Verbal Warn -> 5m jail -> 10m jail -> ETC
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • Raiding is illegal.
  • Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  • Life Threats are illegal.
  • Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  • Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: A party may own 1 base.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Specific steps taken would depend on the context to how or why they are being cooperative. As for a general answer, I would take the steps to deescalate the situation. I would find out why the player is irritated or uncooperative, and see what I can do to fix it such as giving them the opportunity to vent about what has them frustrated. A lot of times, if you just have the patience to hear someone out, they will be far more likely to cooperate with you. If they are being uncooperative by talking over me or another player, I would ask them to stop and if they continue, would gag them until myself or the other player are finished speaking, then ungag.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes you can. A big part of staffing is your discretion and using the jurisdiction you are trusted with when you are accepted. If you deem something to be mingey / a troll towards other players and see that it is ruining the fun of others, you can tell that player to stop and take the course of action of taking it up chain of command to try and place a rule against that specific thing if necessary. A huge part of Garrys Mod are trolls and minges who are there to have fun at the expense of others. You should handle these in a way that encourages both sides to have fun, normally by offering a solution. Such as, "You may keep doing this, just do it away from other players or ask for their permission first."
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: An example of a staff member abusing their powers would be printer farming in adminland, or abusing commands to give themselves a gameplay advantage. If any form of abuse occurred, I would clip it and ship it. Meaning I would get evidence and report it up the chain of command to a high ranked staff member such as a Senior Admin. 
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If a player is mass RDMing, I would use how cooperative they are and attitude during the sit as a gauge of how to punish them. Using the guidelines as a guide, but still treating each situation as its own. I've gotten hundreds of sits over my 10 years of staffing where players will mass RDM, then be extremely cooperative and apologize saying something along the lines of "I apologize, I was gonna troll at first but I actually really like this server I'll come back and play for real next time". If a situation like this happens, I would likely lower from the precedent 3 day ban down to a 2 day ban. However, if they are insanely toxic, uncooperative, and end up being racist with no intent to rp whatsoever, usually the no intent to rp will push the 3 day precedent up to a 4 day. Like I said, it all depends on the context and I would use the guidelines to act as what it is meant, to guide me through each scenario I come across while also recognizing a lot of scenarios will have unique factors and contributors. 
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: If a mayor has enabled a lockdown without announcing their reason, I would first teleport to them, (bringing the mayor is never usually optimal. It is better to teleport to them instead to avoid them being raided and killed on return.) and would stay nonclipped in the air to indicate to others around and himself that it is a sit. I would nicely ask him if he could announce his reason for the lockdown stating that it is required and reassure them that it is no big deal, just something small. I would wait for a reason to be announced, and if they say there is no reason, I would ask them to remove the lockdown and inform them that they need a reason for the lockdown. If they comply, the sit would end their without any warnings or punishments. If the mayor refuses to end the false lockdown, or refuses to remove the lockdown after the maximum allowed 10 minutes after I request it, I would tell him he will be demoted if he does not. If he still continues to not remove it, I would demote him from the mayor job explaining why he is being demoted, and document the warning as a verbal warning.

Notes: I'm not perfect and have made mistakes in my past which for a few people I know raises concern to me coming back to the staff team. All that I ask is that you keep an open mind, and give me the opportunity. If I blow the opportunity, I can be removed with ease and I am aware of that. If anyone has concerns feel free to leave the feedback and I will accept it. I also realized that me running around as PD with music on just arresting people, has come off as toxic as sweaty when I just saw it as fun, so for that if anyone thinks it was personal or has beef with me, my DMs are open and I always talk things out I don't hold grudges. 

Thanks for reading my app 🙂

• Like 2
  • Silly 1

1 hour ago, Dildozerr said:

10 years of staffing

older than the average player on our server

I'm not perfect

so true

I would first teleport to them

yeah i would prob do that

clip it and ship it

slang like that is not professional 

trolls and minges

Again slang just call them what they are instead of all this slang

would gag them until myself or the other player are finished speaking, then ungag.

you should try asking them to stop first

I would follow the punishment guidelines

I would hope so

storm trooper aim

again jokes not professional 

robots

I think we all know that staff are not robots captain obvious

"/advert raid"

people dont usually put quotes in an advert

I'm looking to shoot for around a minimum of 20 hours a week at about 3 hours a day. 

yes or no geeeez  +1

Edited by yousetoffmytrap
  • Silly 3

8 minutes ago, yousetoffmytrap said:

older than the average player on our server

so true

yeah i would prob do that

slang like that is not professional 

Again slang just call them what they are instead of all this slang

you should try asking them to stop first

I would hope so

again jokes not professional 

I think we all know that staff are not robots captain obvious

people dont usually put quotes in an advert

yes or no geeeez  +1

LAMO!!!

What initiates a raid?: A raid is officially initiated by any attempt of a raiding tool being used on a base according to the rules. Such as a lockpick, keypad cracker, ETC. When checking logs this should always be used as the indicator if possible however if not available, raid adverts are also commonly seen as a point of initiation although not specified in the rules. 

Under Raiding Rules #2

When using a raid tool for any reason you must advert raid and after finishing your raid / leaving the area the 20 minute raid cooldown will begin.

If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: If a player's job is permitted to steal, then yes they may steal an item without an advert. For example, if a thief sneaks in through an already broken window, they may steal a printer out of that base without adverting raid so long as they did not have to force their entry. Whether or not a player is permitted to steal can be checked in-game with the F4 menu by clicking on the job, viewing the description.

This brings up a interesting question. By the rules is a gun or anything else that can break a window considered a "Raiding Tool" Not saying the answer you gave is wrong here but I've never had that issue come up before so Its a bit of paradox. If a base is so poorly built you can break into a window to get in regardless of the item used how would that be solved?

Conclusion

Over all Your app is A++ so I can't really give my 3 Paragraph conclusion Great Job. I think You will be a great return Staffer.

+1

• Love 1
  • Silly 2

+1

- Great Application.

- Good activity.

- Previously high ranking staff on Aether.

- Seems to really care about his reputation / presence on Aether.

I have no doubt in your ability to be one of the best staff members on Aether.  😎

• Love 1
  • Silly 1

+1

Ive known and played with dildozer for a while and overall ever since he was staff on the previous server and was a higher up, i believe he has a really good chance of becoming a really good staff member on aether. Over all he only has good intentions for all the servers he has played on and everyone knows him for that. He is a good guy

• Silly 1