Roland's Staff Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Roland (not RolandRagoon)
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:86673863
  • Discord Tag: fresh#1648
  • Total Playtime: >Your total time is 1w 2d 10h 58m.
  • Timezone: Central Daylight Time
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Ralphando/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Unpredictable but Normally 4pm-10pm on Weekdays and 10am-10pm on Weekends

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I've played on Aether for a very long time so I have a good understanding of the rules and I know the community well, and I also was previously a staff member before so I already have a good understanding of how to handle and or control certain situations. I can overall help the server out while also making it fun for others.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?:  Raids can last up to 10 minutes
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: They have to wait 20 minutes to raid the same base again.
  • What initiates a raid?:  Advertising a raid with /advert and or using a raiding tool such as a blowtorch on the base.
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes they are allowed to steal the item.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert Raid, /advert Raid Assist, /advert PD Raid, /advert Bank Raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No you can't
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No as you are arrested the raid is over, as raiding is illegal, and you have to wait the 20 minute timer.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No because that is considered Revenge RDM and can become a warn.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: The instigator will receive a Verbal Warning for his first offense but if he's done it before he will receive a warning with a 5 minute jail on top of that.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • Raiding is illegal.
  • Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  • Life Threats are illegal.
  • Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  • Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?:  1 base per party.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If a player is obviously not cooperating i would verbally warn the player to stop messing around and to cooperate, but if the player still continues not to I would mute/gag the player and or freeze the player, and finish out the sit accordingly and after the sit is finished i would then warn the player for not cooperating.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: If the player is ruining someone's time such as annoying them, I would first verbally warn the player to stop annoying said player and if they continue to annoy this player it would most likely turn into a 1 day ban as it can be considered NITRP.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Some examples of staff abuse would be cloaking off duty to raid a base, noclipping off duty to get around faster or to get into bases, freezing people for no reason, abusing their powers because they are power hungry, ect. To handle this situation as I understand is to most importantly contact and report whoever is abusing to Jouaram first, and if he isn't available send to the next highest ranked person that can handle the situation or reach Jouaram easier.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would Teleport the person to Adminland or a roof and after doing so freeze them to prevent anymore harm from happening and then ban them for 3 days if it their first offense.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would go to the mayor and warn/tell them to turn it off, and if they still refuse to the next step would be demoting the mayor from their position.

+1, would steal your lunch monies again.

Jokes aside,

• Former staff.
  • The way how you would handle certain staff related situtaitons are quite reasonable enough and on point with what I'm looking for in future / returning staff members.
  • Staff app is quite straightforward and I had no negative interacitons with you.

Edited by Enzo

ACCEPTED

To my knowledge you had schedule issues which caused you to fail/leave Staff last time, other than that I do not remember you causing any issues so I am more than willing to give you another shot to show us what you're capable of. We haven't interacted much so I don't have much to say but you appear to have a lot of Community Support and decent activity, so.. good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @TangoDown

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)