Tapu's Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Tapu
  • Steam IDSTEAM_0:1:185692732
  • Discord Tag: ConnorC#2003
  • Total Playtime: 5d 19h 35m (140 Hours)
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/id/JimboSice3xChampion/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Literally Any day All day

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can contribute a very active team member who has been Staff on a previous server. Im very kind, nice and understanding and i'm good at explaining things to people who sometimes may have difficulty's understanding certain things. It takes quite alot to make a person like me angry so I can keep a business composure in tough situations. I have history being a Garrys Mod Dark RP staff member before (IceFuse) so I know what it takes to be at the top. It may take some time to get back in the rhythm of things to be better so please bare with me.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?:  Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?:  Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?:  Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?:  A Single Raid Caps at 10 minutes.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: You cannot return to that base to assist or watch the raid until the 20 minute timer is up!.
  • What initiates a raid?: To Initiate a raid you must use /advert Raid
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert Raid, /advert PD Raid, /advert Bank Raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No you cannot you must advert raid and you must raid the base afterwards you cannot use /advert raid just to kill someone.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?:  No you must wait the 20 Minute cooldown
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?:  No I would suggest they call an admin and let them deal with it properly
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Most likely I would give them a verbal warning if it is their first offence. if they continue i would give them a 10 Minute jail for NITRP
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • Raiding is illegal.
  • Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  • Life Threats are illegal.
  • Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  • Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws.
  • How many bases can you own per party?:  Only 1 Base Per Party
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I Would Freeze them and make sure they understand what they did was wrong. Then I would hand out a punishment on top of what they did for being a "Minge"
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: If They have no intent to roleplay then yes. If theyre doing it in a roleplay scenario then I would kindly ask them to tone it down a notch.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Handing out unnecessary punishments, Using their powers for their own enjoyment, Using their power as a way to get what they want. I would most defiantly Clip it and make sure I notify a higher up as soon as possible.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: First I would bring them to the sit room and then I would explain to them that what they're doing is extremely against the rules then I would hand out the first offence for MRDM which is 3 days I believe.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Talk to then about it if they still do insist on keeping it on I would most likely Demote or kick them for NITRP.
Edited by Tapu

•App isn’t bad but a some of the answers are wrong 

•Very low play time 

• Forgot to put your in game name in the app

Get a ton more playtime and build a bond with the community and I’m sure you could become staff eventually. Good luck!

• Like 1

+/-,

• Former staff.
  • App is quite straightforward and it appears that you have taken the time to familiarise yourself with the rules beforehand.
  • Low Playtime: A tad bit low to be considered for staff at this time. (72+ hours is recommended)

I'm close friends with several former and current staffs of IceFuse who has left a good impression on me and I believe that you will follow suit. I have no problem +1 ing your future staff app as long you continue to build an active presence within the community and interact with other so people can have a better idea who you are as a person and continue having a positive outlook.

Edited:

Changed to +1 after seeing his growth within the community and his extensive activity on the server.

Edited by Enzo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ThiccYe said:

•App isn’t bad but a some of the answers are wrong 

•Very low play time 

• Forgot to put your in game name in the app

Get a ton more playtime and build a bond with the community and I’m sure you could become staff eventually. Good luck!

Yea sorry man i didnt notice i forgot my name thats on me yes im very new to the server got my time up to 9 Hours now been grinding it and getting more familiar with people around the server!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo said:

+/-,

• Former staff.
  • App is quite straightforward and it appears that you have taken the time to familiarise yourself with the rules beforehand.
  • Low Playtime: A tad bit low to be considered for staff at this time. (72+ hours is recommended)

I'm close friends with several former and current staffs of IceFuse who has left a good impression on me and I believe that you will follow suit. I have no problem +1 ing your future staff app as long you continue to build an active presence within the community and interact with other so people can have a better idea who you are as a person and continue having a positive outlook.

I appreciate you and all the tips it means alot i will make sure I spend alot more time on the server and meeting new people just thought id get back in the staff game and why not here it seems like a great place to be ive had fun ever since ive joined and i couldnt ask for a better community! Icefuse was fun and i expected to come back to it but when i booted up G Mod it was no longer there in the darkRP selection so i thought id try something new!

8 hours ago, Tapu said:

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Most likely I would give them a verbal warning if it is their first offence. if they continue i would give them a 10 Minute jail for NITRP

We punish on a progressive scale warn would be verbal, second would be 5 min jail, and so on. NITRP usually means a Ban.

8 hours ago, Tapu said:

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I Would Freeze them and make sure they understand what they did was wrong. Then I would hand out a punishment on top of what they did for being a "Minge"

We don't normally punish a player for being uncooperative in a sit. If they RDM or leave to avoid punishment during a sit then further punishment can be  added.

8 hours ago, Tapu said:

Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Handing out unnecessary punishments, Using their powers for their own enjoyment, Using their power as a way to get what they want. I would most defiantly Clip it and make sure I notify a higher up as soon as possible.

These are correct in a way but rather vague.

Summation

While there are some discrepancies in your app it would appear you have a decent compensation of Most of the rules. I think you can get a little more familiar with them and Get some more time under your belt you might have a shot but for now Mostly due to lack of time I am going to with hold my support on your app

+1 Yes some of the questions are not "perfect" but you understand a lot of the rules, you have put in dedication in being more active on the server, and getting the playtime up and getting a better understanding of the rules. Overall, I would love to see him on staff.

Edited by RoIand

Switching to a +1 on this app. 

Since this was first posted Tapu has put in good hours and I’ve had very positive interactions with him. Tapu has shown a good level of maturity and care for the server, and I think will preform very well if given the opportunity at T-Mod. You may have jumped the gun a little bit with this application but I hope others will revisit this with a fresh take. 

3 hours ago, ThiccYe said:

Since this was first posted Tapu has put in good hours and I’ve had very positive interactions with him. Tapu has shown a good level of maturity and care for the server, and I think will preform very well if given the opportunity at T-Mod. You may have jumped the gun a little bit with this application but I hope others will revisit this with a fresh take. 

Thank you man it means alot! i would love to help out the server as staff and even if i dont get accepted i will continue to help new players!

3 hours ago, RoIand said:

+1 Yes some of the questions are not "perfect" but you understand a lot of the rules, you have put in dedication in being more active on the server, and getting the playtime up and getting a better understanding of the rules. Overall, I would love to see him on staff.

❤️ Thank you roland it means alot 🙂 

3 hours ago, ThiccYe said:

I have had nothing but good interactions with Tapu and I agree with Thicc.

+1

Though some of your answers aren’t fully there it’s clear you have a very solid grasp of them.

I have seen you in game a lot, it looks like when you started your hours were a little low but you definitely been very active since this app has been up which is great to see determination.

you have been very nice and polite in the sits I have been in with you.

+1 from me

57 minutes ago, Trem0r said:

Though some of your answers aren’t fully there it’s clear you have a very solid grasp of them.

I have seen you in game a lot, it looks like when you started your hours were a little low but you definitely been very active since this app has been up which is great to see determination.

you have been very nice and polite in the sits I have been in with you.

+1 from me

Thank you so much Tremor it means alot! ❤️

5 hours ago, RoIand said:

+1 tapu is beast mode

ACCEPTED

You are a very cool player to be around and have been nothing but pleasant the whole time I've seen you on the server, you started by being kept to yourself in your shop and have recently branched out interacting with many players in the streets, all pleasant. I think you've got tons of potential as Staff and I am very curious to see how you do! Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @RevoltPlays @RevLurks

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)