Jerma's Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): jerma
  • Steam IDSTEAM_0:1:508965119
  • Discord Tag: young blood#1529
  • Total Playtime: 21h (more previously before wipe)
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/antiqezz
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 4PM to around 11PM.

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether? I've been playing for a long time so I know the rules very well, I have common sense and I am a very understanding person. I know what's right and what's wrong on the server. I can explain the rules to new people if need be and I think that those are good qualities to have when being a staff member.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?Yes 
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: You can't return to that base to raid it again until you have waited 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes you are allowed to raid again.
  • What initiates a raid?: Someone adverting raid.  Ex: /advert raid
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: As long as your job is allowed to steal, you are allowed to steal without having to advert beforehand.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert raid, /advert party raid, /advert pd raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: You aren't allowed to kill anyone inside the base/ next to the base if you haven't adverted raid.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, you raiding ends when the officer arrests you. You must advert over and wait for the 20 minutes timer to be up.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, if someone RDM's you, you should wait for staff to deal with it so you don't get warned in the process.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: This solely depends on the previous warns of the instigator. The punishments could vary from a verbal, regular warn and/or ban.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • 1. Raiding is illegal.
  • 2. Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • 3. Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • 4. Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  • 5. Life Threats are illegal.
  • 6. Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  • 7. Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • 8. Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • 9. Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • 10. Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  • 11. Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • 12. The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: Only one base in allowed per party.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If he keeps not cooperating by Ex: Kill binding or running away. They would be punished depending on if the other player has given proof/ if the logs confirm what the cooperative player is saying. If the person is yelling/ micspamming I would gag them and then carry on as I was with the sit.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Unless they are intentionally harassing or being a minge, you cannot do anything unless he/her has broken a rule.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Giving out false warns even though they know that the person they warned was completely innocent. I would get evidence of said abuse and report it to a higher up.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If the player is mass RDMing I would, freeze them/ jail them and give them the necessary punishment.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would tp to the player and ask them to turn off the lockdown. If they refuse I would inform them that if they do not turn off the lockdown they would be demoted from mayor. If the player is still not cooperating I would, demote them from mayor to a role like citizen and then turn off the lockdown manually.

+ / - Leaning +

I always Liked you jerma. But you have only been back for a week after leaving for a very long time Although you playtime has been pretty good since you got back so just keep it up 🙂

12 hours ago, Oddity said:

You wouldnt need to jail them. Along with this if you freeze a player you cannot bring. You'd rather tp them then freeze.

Other than that one thing I think Jerma would be a great staff member and I personally would love to hang out with him in staff vc's.

Big +1

I agree with oddity,

+1

No idea who you are ( no offense) but definitely look forward to interacting with you in game more. Besides one part of a question mentioned above your app looks really good, you have good relations with a lot of the community.

only thing that gives my a little pause is you only being back for a week, continue your activity while your app is up and you shouldn’t have any issues.

EDIT 6/4/2022 : you have been extremely active consistently and a very chill to play with and a funny guy, very strong +1 now!

+1

Edited by Trem0r

On 5/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, jerma said:

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: This solely depends on the previous warns of the instigator. The punishments could vary from a verbal, regular warn and/or ban.

Not sure what a "Regular Warn" is we do Verbal Warning / 5 min Jail / 10 min Jail / then on to bans. You can read punishment guidelines Here

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If he keeps not cooperating by Ex: Kill binding or running away. They would be punished depending on if the other player has given proof/ if the logs confirm what the cooperative player is saying. If the person is yelling/ micspamming I would gag them and then carry on as I was with the sit.

Its hard to deal with some one killing them self's to run away from a sit but you could always freeze them in place while u get evidence to make sure they don't continue any bad behavior while you get evidence as well as maintain your authority if they aren't going to cooperate they shouldn't be allowed to continue to play while you are dealing with the report against them.

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Unless they are intentionally harassing or being a minge, you cannot do anything unless he/her has broken a rule.

There can be cases where players don't directly harass a player but instead get other people to do there dirty work for them so while that is harder to prove it is possible to punish some one for indirectly cause problems and be punished for it.

Conclusión

While you have a fairly decent app there are still some things about how rules and punishments work. I've also had a few interactions with you and you seem fairly level headed and mature but  I can't say for sure. As to your time having a bunch of hours while is a good indicator of your commitment to the server We like to see Recent Activity as well. The Server has moved to its new IP/Location on April 22 sense then You have only You have only played the 6 Days for a total of about 29 Hours Witch sense I havn't really noticed/seen u mucking about You where AFK for a lot of that time.

So with that said I think you need to be more active on the server so people can get to know you and see that what I've seen briefly in our interactions is who you really are before we can support you to be a part of our staffing team.

ACCEPTED

You're a very cool and pleasant player to be around I haven't spoken to you too much but the interactions I've had have all been good. I am excited to see how you do as Staff - good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is:  @Danny_Mcflurry @Danny_Mcflurry1

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Like 1