Lofi's Staff Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): [MostDopeLofi -- Lofi]
  • Steam ID: 76561198285552372
  • Discord Tag: [Lofi]
  • Total Playtime: [2 weeks]
  • Timezone: [CDT]
  • Steam Profile: [https://steamcommunity.com/id/86Yooduhh/]
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): [My work schedule is random i can be on anytime between 10Am to 12PM]

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: Im very well known around the server, and I can put all my time and effort into making sure Aether is a more positive and friendly environment for new players
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: I have read all the rules and yes I feel comfortable enforcing them correctly as possible
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Im willing to take part and listen very carefully for the know hows and don’t about the server
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 20 minutes
  • What initiates a raid?: If there are raidables on the inside you would /advert raid then continue
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: no
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert Raid Im Coming For You’re Raidable 😊
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: no ofc not
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: no you must wait the 20 mins
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, that’s revenge RDM
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Verbale warning if it happens again ill have to warn you threw the system
  • List all default Laws of The Land: Make sure to read ALL of the rules of the land in !rules – Laws are enforced AOS/KOS without warning – cops can only KOS is life is in danger – Harming other players other then in base defense in illegal – Do not raid or steal from other players -Money Printers/Drugs are illegal - Raiding is illegal -

• How many bases can you own per party?: 1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: id gag him and freeze and then explain what is going to happen (depending on what he/she did)
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: if it becomes a on going non stop problem id say yes
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: kicking players for no reason at all, striping them and not giving there permas back
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: id freeze them, then proceed to take them to admin land and ask why they are RDMing, if they are being non co-operative then id gag them and ban for 3 days
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Ask him to turn it off politely, if he refuses again id jail him and take away mayor
  •  

Extra Comments:

Edited by Lofi

+1 ,

• A few of your responses are incorrect
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: no

Incorrect.  A raiding job can still steal an item as long their job description states that they can.

• List all default Laws of The Land: Make sure to read ALL of the rules of the land in !rules – Laws are enforced AOS/KOS without warning – cops can only KOS is life is in danger – Harming other players other then in base defense in illegal – Do not raid or steal from other players

Incorrect.  You're missing a couple.

• The way how you would handle certain staff situation at hand are quite on point with what I'm looking for in future / returning staff. Also, 1st offence for Mass RDM is 3 days, 2nd - 1 week, and 3rd - 2 weeks and so forth according to the staff handbook.
  • Extremely active in-game and I had no negative interactions with you prior to the creation of your staff app and I'm willing to see more from you as a future T-Mod. Good luck.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lofi said:

Why is this a link to YouTube (and a invalid Video at that)

21 minutes ago, Lofi said:

What initiates a raid?: If there are raidables on the inside you would /advert raid then continue

Not quite because you can steal raid-able items if you don't need to lock pick thus you wouldn't need to advert. But with that said if you need to lock pick or using raiding tools it would be /advert raid and there would be no other reason to go into some one's unless you where invited or a dwarf trolling?

24 minutes ago, Lofi said:

If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: no

If you can walk up to the raid-able items with out any raiding tools you can steal/raid stick those items with out having to advert raid.

27 minutes ago, Lofi said:

List all default Laws of The Land: Make sure to read ALL of the rules of the land in !rules – Laws are enforced AOS/KOS without warning – cops can only KOS is life is in danger – Harming other players other then in base defense in illegal – Do not raid or steal from other players

You are missing quite a few laws here.

29 minutes ago, Lofi said:

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: id freeze them, then proceed to take them to admin land and ask why they are RDMing, if they are being non co-operative then id gag them and ban for 2 days

First MassRDM is a 3 day ban.

Conclusion

While you are a pretty well known quantity and I've never had any personal issues with you nor do I recall having any sits with you. There's clearly some gapes in your knowledge of the rules. So for now I"m going to go Neutral I think you can fix those problems with a little studding and Have a chance.

+/-

• Love 1

I have never met in anyone in this game so friendly and outgoing as lofi, I have not had a single sit with you where you were not amazingly kind and calm and mature or any interaction in the game where you were not like that. At this point in my mind you are one of the biggest examples of positivity in the aether community and are always happy to help others.

You did get a few questions wrong, and that needs to be studied but you are one of the calmest nicest people in the community not to mention your continued and consistent in game playtime. In my opinion you would be such a good fit for staff that I cannot -1 off a few missed questions.

HUGE +1

Edited by Trem0r
  • Love 1

We are at 16 total staff apps and most of them give me a  headache. 

However you are not one of them +1 

Do read up on rules though wouldn't want you blacklisted for messing up during sits 🤔 

• Love 1

+1

This is an easy +1 for me. You have been a very good member of the community as long as I’ve been here, you’re very mature and friendly and every interaction I’ve had with you has been nothing but pleasant and fun. I think you would be a phenomenal fit for staff. I do wish you had put some more effort into your application though, some of the questions you shouldn’t have gotten wrong, and you do have a good amount of spelling/grammar errors. (Hard to judge though since we have tango as admin) You also should try to be more active on the forums while this application is up, as that is an important part of being staff, show us you can make good constructive comments. Your positives far outweigh the negatives though; I very much look forward to your T-Mod phase. 

• Love 1

ACCEPTED

You're a pretty chill guy and I haven't seen any bad interactions caused by yourself, based on tickets you've made in Discord I believe you have patience and are mature which is perfect for Staff, top up on the rules and try your best - good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is:  @Pooshi

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)