JimmyAddokE's Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): JimmyAddokE, JimmyAddok
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:192384131
  • Discord Tag: SURVIVUAL#9174
  • Total Playtime: I currently have 14 hours of ingame time, however before the reset my time was closer to 3 weeks
  • Timezone: PST
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198345033991/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 6pm-10pm and 12am-3am

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can take sits, lots and lots of sits. I know the rules like the back of my hand, making helping new players efficient. I'm online most of the "dead hours" or hours where staff is under pressure and simply cannot handle all of the players.  
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 20 minutes
  • What initiates a raid?: /advert raid
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes if their job permits it
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert Raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No, you may kill them after you have adverted
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, it is as if you were killed. That means you must advert that the raid is over
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Rdm
  • List all default Laws of The Land: 
  • Raiding is illegal.
  • Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  • Life Threats are illegal.
  • Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  • Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: One
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If failing to cooperate and not giving their side of the story, punishment will be based off of logs/evidence of the accusing party.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: If said player is minging/harassing, Yes. 
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Kicking/banning disliked players, reporting to higher ups
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Drag them to a rooftop or pull them to a sit, depending on previous warns either warn/ban the offending party.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Pull them into a sit and inquire about the lockdown. If there is no valid reason and they refuse to shut it down it would result in a demotion and a warn.

+/-

You have good rule knowledge, which I’ve learned from personal experiences with you. You also from what I’ve seen know really well when to enforce the rules, and when to show leniency and compassion. However, this application seems a bit rushed with answers that lack depth and show character, which I know you have plenty of.  Answering just Yes or No shows little effort put into the application. Along with this your current low playtime shows you haven’t been back long, which I can look past given my interactions with you, but you should still put time into building your hours and some community support. 

EDIT: Switching to a +1 

Edited by ThiccYe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ThiccYe said:

+/-

You have good rule knowledge, which I’ve learned from personal experiences with you. You also from what I’ve seen know really well when to enforce the rules, and when to show leniency and compassion. However, this application seems a bit rushed with answers that lack depth and show character, which I know you have plenty of.  Answering just Yes or No shows little effort put into the application. Along with this your current low playtime shows you haven’t been back long, which I can look past given my interactions with you, but you should still put time into building your hours and some community support. 

I felt that I adequately answered questions that required further explanation and/or in-depth analysis. Certain answers are short and I feel for good reason, at points I chose to answer modestly and in those moments I felt that answering anything more just felt like padding. Then again no specifics were mentioned so it's difficult to pinpoint my own error.

On 6/17/2022 at 7:10 AM, JimmyAddokE said:

If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, it is as if you were killed. That means you must advert that the raid is over

There is no rule stating you must advert a raid is over.

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If failing to cooperate and not giving their side of the story, punishment will be based off of logs/evidence of the accusing party.

Didn't quite answer the question. What if they where mic spamming/running away from you/kills (in console) during the sit.

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Drag them to a rooftop or pull them to a sit, depending on previous warns either warn/ban the offending party.

If you find they are Excessively RDM'ing i.e. MRDM the first punishment would be a 3 Day ban.

Conclusion

I do see you around here and there. I don't see you causing any issues on the server and Your app is pretty well done. There are a few questions As Stated above that where a little off But over all You are a good player and pretty knowledgeable in rules and with a little Training You should be a fine member of the staffing Team.

+1

Edited by TangoDown
  • Surprised 1

7 hours ago, TangoDown said:

Didn't quite answer the question. What if they where mic spamming/running away from you/kills (in console) during the sit.

If you find they are Excessively RDM'ing i.e. MRDM the first punishment would be a 3 Day ban.

Conclusion

I do see you around here and there. I don't see you causing any issues on the server and Your app is pretty well done. There are a few questions As Stated above that where a little off But over all You are a good player and pretty knowledgeable in rules and with a little Training You should be a fine member of the staffing Team.

+1

I don't know how to quote text separately so I'll go in order of quoted above.

1. I'm assuming that's only if you're arrested?

2. I didn't take that into consideration, when I think of "not cooperating" I generally think of people just not communicating. Mic spam would be muting them and running away would be freezing them. Lastly I honestly don't know, I was thinking if it wasn't a sit for something malicious like mrdm I would just deal with it remotely. Then again that's just my first thought. 

3. Gotcha gotcha, I wasn't sure of how excessive "excessively" was. I feel like two rdms back to back is fairly excessive so I was going off of hypothetical situations. I may have missed somewhere in the rules where 3 rdms is the minimal excessive. 

1 minute ago, JimmyAddokE said:

No There's no rule at all regarding adverting raid Over.

2 minutes ago, JimmyAddokE said:

2. I didn't take that into consideration, when I think of "not cooperating" I generally think of people just not communicating. Mic spam would be muting them and running away would be freezing them. Lastly I honestly don't know, I was thinking if it wasn't a sit for something malicious like mrdm I would just deal with it remotely. Then again that's just my first thought. 

That's I think the general idea of the question.

4 minutes ago, JimmyAddokE said:

Pro Tip when u select a section of text you will get a option to "quote" that section of text

image.thumb.png.aa4adf2c003c2b65afbabf47e7ea3b9c.png

On 6/19/2022 at 2:59 PM, hann said:

+1

You've been a pleasure to be around in-game! Very nice and understanding. I don't doubt you would make good staff given the chance 🙂

On 6/17/2022 at 4:59 PM, JimmyAddokE said:

I felt that I adequately answered questions that required further explanation and/or in-depth analysis. Certain answers are short and I feel for good reason, at points I chose to answer modestly and in those moments I felt that answering anything more just felt like padding. Then again no specifics were mentioned so it's difficult to pinpoint my own error.

On 6/20/2022 at 10:36 AM, TangoDown said:

Conclusion

+1

On 6/20/2022 at 6:22 PM, JimmyAddokE said:

3. Gotcha gotcha, I wasn't sure of how excessive "excessively" was. I feel like two rdms back to back is fairly excessive so I was going off of hypothetical situations. I may have missed somewhere in the rules where 3 rdms is the minimal excessive. 

On 6/20/2022 at 6:27 PM, TangoDown said:

No There's no rule at all regarding adverting raid Over.

That's I think the general idea of the question.

Pro Tip when u select a section of text you will get a option to "quote" that section of text

image.thumb.png.aa4adf2c003c2b65afbabf47e7ea3b9c.png

Overall good but you playtime just jolted up only a week ago, image.png.0f0e1b9f27d622f6018e71c86c944d91.png

+1

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 9:10 AM, JimmyAddokE said:
  • In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): JimmyAddokE, JimmyAddok
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:192384131
  • Discord Tag: SURVIVUAL#9174
  • Total Playtime: I currently have 14 hours of ingame time, however before the reset my time was closer to 3 weeks
  • Timezone: PST
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198345033991/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 6pm-10pm and 12am-3am

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can take sits, lots and lots of sits. I know the rules like the back of my hand, making helping new players efficient. I'm online most of the "dead hours" or hours where staff is under pressure and simply cannot handle all of the players.  
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 20 minutes
  • What initiates a raid?: /advert raid
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes if their job permits it
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert Raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No, you may kill them after you have adverted
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, it is as if you were killed. That means you must advert that the raid is over
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Rdm
  • List all default Laws of The Land: 
  • Raiding is illegal.
  • Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  • Life Threats are illegal.
  • Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  • Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: One
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If failing to cooperate and not giving their side of the story, punishment will be based off of logs/evidence of the accusing party.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: If said player is minging/harassing, Yes. 
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Kicking/banning disliked players, reporting to higher ups
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Drag them to a rooftop or pull them to a sit, depending on previous warns either warn/ban the offending party.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Pull them into a sit and inquire about the lockdown. If there is no valid reason and they refuse to shut it down it would result in a demotion and a warn.

Low playtime but you're a great person from what I have experienced in game so far, work on the playtime and I might be giving this a +1 but for now im at a +/-

• Like 1

ACCEPTED

You and I haven't spoken too much although we've had some funny interactions, I believe you are a cool guy and should fit well into the Aether Staff team, only time will tell so show us what you've got!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Danny_Mcflurry @Danny_Mcflurry1

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)