Creed's Re-Rank Application

In-Game Name: Creed

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:57022535

Discord Tag: Creed #6568

Total Playtime: 6 Days, 3 Hours. I lost close to 2 Months playtime when the database was wiped.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/HelloMyNamesCreed/

Highest Rank You've Obtained: Moderator

Link your previous personal Trello Card: https://trello.com/c/GI9BVAqu

Re-Rank Questions

When Staffing did you cause any issues that were brought up to you by another Staff member? If so, what?No, never.

How long can you guarantee you'll keep consistent activity for?: Indefinitely.

Are you currently happy with your activity on the server and Forums as a player?: Yes I am.

Do you believe you deserve to hold the rank you're going back to and the responsibility's that come with it?: Yes I do.

How many hours can you play per week on average at this current time?: My work schedule is on a 3 week rotation meaning on some days I'll be on after midnight and others I'll be on in the early to late afternoon. However on days that I have off I will be available to be online all day. In hours I would be able to guarantee a minimum of 20+ Hours on weeks that I work midnights (which is only once every 3 weeks). In regards to the other 2 weeks I will be able to guarantee a minimum of 30+ Hours per week.

Have you read the most up to date rules and Staff Handbook?: Yes I have.

Rule Questions

Raids can last how long?: 10 Minutes.

If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 30 Minutes for regular bases, 20 Minutes for PD raids.

What initiates a raid?: Typing /advert Raid.

If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes, if no raiding tools are required to access the raidables then the player can steal them.

Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert (Raid) I'm coming for your money honey ❤️

If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?No, you cannot kill them until you initiate the raid using "/advert raid" and you can only kill them if they are within interfering distance.

If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?No, being arrested mid raid ends your raid attempt.

If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?No, if you're RDMed then you must call a sit using @ chat. If there are no staff online you must attempt to reach out to a staff member through the discord, forums or private messages if possible. Never take things into your own hands. If no staff are online then a player can use clipping software to gather evidence and create a player report on the forums.

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?I would bring the offending player and confirm with them if they know what RDM is. If they are unaware of what RDM is, I would check their previous warnings. If they have no previous warnings for this behavior then I would explain to them what RDM is and the the rules surrounding it. Afterwards I would let them go with a verbal warning and confirm with them that they understand what RDM is and why it is against the rules. If the offending player has previous warnings for RDM then I would follow the punishment guidelines.

List all default Laws of The Land:

1. Raiding is illegal.
2. Entities scannable by the contraband scanner are always illegal.
3. Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
4. Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
5. Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
6. Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
7. Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
9. The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws. 

How many bases can you own per party?: 1 Base.

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?I would calmy encourage them to cooperate with me during the sit to ensure that we reached a fair and quick resolution. If the player continued to refuse or became aggressive/toxic I would mute/gag accordingly and continue with the sit. Of course if they broke any additional rules during the sit like RDM, Racism, Etc. I would punish them accordingly.

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?Yes, depending on the situation it can be considered NiTRP (No Intent to Role Play) or Harassment. Depending on the severity of their offenses and their previous warnings I would punish accordingly.

Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it:  A member of the staff team has been purposely and maliciously baiting players into breaking rules in order to punish them. If I saw such behavior I would gather the evidence required and submit a report on the forums so that the issue can be handled by the appropriate administrators.

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If I could see in the kill feed that a certain player has killed several people back to back without any clear signal of a raid I would teleport to them to investigate and freeze them if necessary. Of course if reports have been made that this player is mass RDMing then I would bring the offender into a sit and freeze them immediately then proceed with standard procedure by bringing in the players that have been killed/filed the reports to ensure that it is in fact Mass RDM and offer refunds if necessary. In regards to the punishment of this player I would check their previous warnings and punish accordingly, 1st Offence 3 Day Ban, 2nd Offence 1 Week Ban, etc.

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?I would teleport to the Mayor and inform him that a lockdown must have good reason and can last no more than 10 minutes. If the lockdown has been ongoing for more than 10 minutes or it is without valid reason then I would ask them politely to disable it. If they refuse, I would issue them a warning and demote them from the job.

Thank you for reading my application! 🙂

+1
But Not For Re-Rank, I think You should Go Through the T-Mod Phase again As It has been a long time since your demotion, And there has been many rule changes that It seems Going through T-Mod Phase Would Be Best.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

+1 

Very good application and you have great activity all across the board. I think you could be a very valuable asset to our understaffed team.
It has been a while since you’ve been staff and there has been a lot of changes, but I disagree with Danny, I think at most you would need to retake the moderator test and maybe have a training session with Jouaram and go over the rule updates that have been instated since you were last staff. You were only moderator so I think having you completely redo the tmod phase would be overkill. 

• Love 1

+1 

I believe you will be an asset to our staffing team and help serve as a great help. You are friendly and nice in game and I have no doubt you will be great. I have no strong opinions on you restarting your tmod phase but in some way the rule changes should definitely be gone over as changes have happened.

• Love 1

I agree with thicc and tremor here think just redoing the test and going over the updated rules with Jman would be a good thing to do.

The re-rank app looks great tho! you are super active and super friendly and positive on every interaction with you and no negative ones i think you would be a great help on this staff team hope to see you around some more!

+1

Edited by Lofi

Thank you to everyone who has responded so far! I agree with some of the points you all have made, I do need to get more familiar with the updated rules as they are still new to me. However I disagree with the suggestion of having to go through the trial moderator process or examination again. In saying that of course, I would still do so if absolutely necessary. :)

10 minutes ago, Enzo said:

+1,

• Former Aether Staff.
  • Had no negative interactions with you prior to the creation of the Re-Rank staff app. 
  • Shows clear knowledge of the rules and has an extensive server activity. 

^^^ +1

ACCEPTED

I believe you are capable of a re-rank however due to the length it's been since your previous staff phase I am going to require some pre-requisites to be fulfilled before getting back to Moderator, I will DM you more about this after this post! Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Jouaram

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)