Percs Staff App

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name: snortthisperc
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:143634167
  • Discord Tag: Perkio#4323
  • Total Playtime: 1w 6d 22h....................
  • Timezone: EDT
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/snortthisperc/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Early mornings: 4am-10am Night time: 7pm-2am I would say as for right now middle of the day for me varies day by day, so I'll leave that was unpredictable as of now.

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can provide moderation in times that others are not usually on, protecting those from rule breakers when they're just trying to have some late night fun. But most importantly, I know how to be professional and playful at the same time, constantly doing funny voices or even strange ones to make people laugh
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes, I feel as if I have a good feel for the rules and their punishments that follow. No denying that there is room for self improvement however.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Higherups are higherups, I feel as if I have a personal relationship amongst most of the staff members so I don't see this ever being a problem for me.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Most certainly, I am constantly active in-game and via forums.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes from the time the initial advert was made.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: The full 30 minutes from the last raid.
  • What initiates a raid?: Adverting raid, any attempt to raid before that is a FailRaid.
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes they may.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert raid/assist /advert pd raid/assist /advert bank raid/assist.
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: This would be RDM. An advert must be made before anything else.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: Raiding a base; you cannot return until the 30minutes is up. Defending your own; you may return after being released.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: This is still 100% considered RDM/Revenge RDM.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Any damage done towards a player for no reason can be considered RDM.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:

1. Raiding is illegal

2. Money printers, drugs and explosives are illegal

3. Bitcoin racks are illegal (smaller miners are legal)

4. Harming players unless in self/base defense is illegal

5. Life threats, are illegal

6. Owning a gun license makes all weapons on person or persons legal 

7. Kidnapping, theft and harming players is illegal

8. Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal

9. Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is endangered and or the plater is wanted.

10. Non-default laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do

11. The mayor can make all dangerous weapons, held in hand or on person legal or illegal

• How many bases can you own per party?: 1 base per party.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: !freeze, !jail, !mute, !gag; it depends which way the player is being uncooperative, but these would be first steps to either trying to settle down and resolve the sit, or to give out the appropriate punishment for the case at hand.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes, Aether has a very low tolerance for this type of behavior. Very well could land you with a harassment/toxicity warn.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Using any type of staff commands to gain an advantage in a RP Scenario, ie; !god whilst being raided, !noclip'ing into a base. The very first thing I would do in these scenarios is make sure I have a recording program running to obtain as much evidence I can on the accused abusing member. Depending on the degree of the abuse, I may try to reason with the staff member to see what is going on and if there is any reason. No matter what, all evidence I have will be sent to a higher up staff member.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Stop the killing immediately, whether that be by teleporting them to ALand, !jail, and or !freeze. After checking their previous warns, I would then determine which punishment the player will receive in the MRDM category of punishments.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would give the mayor a second chance to end the unreasonable lockdown or he will face a job demotion and I would manually deactivate the lockdown.
Edited by dr. snortthisperc
Pasted DC where Steam link goes.
  • Love 1

Staff app looks great! love the play time, Never a doll moment around perc! 

Well known around the server

always in admin land make sits and helpin us staff as much as he can i have no doubt in my mind you'd make a great staff member for Aether!

+1

• Love 1

11 hours ago, dr. snortthisperc said:

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Any damage done towards a player for no reason can be considered RDM.

And what Punishment would you Give them?

Snort's App is well done though there are a few things that where a little off but Over all I think has a good grasp on rules and Should make a fine addition to the staffing team.

+1

• Like 1

ACCEPTED

You have gained a bunch of Community Support and have a lot of activity, we haven't interacted too much however I do believe with some guidance you can become a good Staff member, good luck and remember to listen to your Mentor and fellow Staff members!

Your assigned Mentor is: @ThiccYe

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Like 2