GirthyBongRip's Staff App

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): [NAMES]
  • Steam ID: [https://steamid.io/]STEAM_0:1:89348750
  • Discord Tag: [DISCORD TAG]boxingacorn#5636
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): [!time in-game]5d 7h 8m
  • Timezone: [TIMEZONE]Central
  • Steam Profile: [STEAM PROFILE LINK]https://steamcommunity.com/id/GirthyBongRip/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): [TIMES - SPECIFY AM/PM]5pm - around 3-4 am

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can be active during late hours of the night to prevent any rule breaking when no one else is on, i also know alot of the in's and out's to garrys mod so i can help new players understand the game better.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes ive read over them plenty and also have a good amount of playtime.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes i dont have any problem listening to anyone especially if they are explaining how or where i went wrong.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: im on around 20-30 hours a week minimum so im confident in my ability to stay active on the server.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?:30 minutes from the raid advert.
  • What initiates a raid?: The advert.
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?:Yes.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game):/advert raid/assist
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No you need to advert first or it would be RDM.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: Not unless you were defending, raiders must wait for raid timer to be up.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No that is Revenge RDM.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: That would be considered RDM.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • 1.Raiding is illegal
  • 2.Items scannable with the contraband scanner are illegal.
  • 3.Attacking Players other then in self defense is illegal.
  • 4.Shooting in public is illegal.
  • 5.Laws must be enforced with arrest instead of Killing unless the officer is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • 6.Laws made by the mayor have to be something that players go out of their way to do
  • 7.Laws baiting kills or arrests are not allowed.
  • 8.The mayor can only make dangerous weapons legal/illegal but no other weapon laws
  • How many bases can you own per party?: You can only have 1 base per party.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?:It depends what they're doing to not co-operate,After asking a couple times it could be anything from a mute/gag to a kick or ban.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes ruining someone elses time is never okay even if its to have more fun yourself.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: It could range from using god mode when raiding to freezing players with the tool gun for no reason,first thing i would do is record/screenshot any evidance and then take it to a higher ranking staff member, from there i would likely make a report on the discord/forums.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?:Either freeze them or bring them straight to admin land, from there go off of their warns to determine what punishment is necessary 
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Ask again then turn it off myself,if it continues i would demote the mayor.
Edited by GirthyBongRip
Misspelled Illegal lol.

+1

Your app is decent enough and you have some great maturity from what I’ve seen. I think you have good potential for staffing and don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t get a shot at it to show us what you’ve got. 

• Love 1

Great app wish it was more in detail some answer are a little short but that's ok 

I've seen you around aether a lot! and feel like a lot of the community knows about you

no negative interaction that I can remember 

+1

• Love 1

On 8/31/2022 at 1:12 AM, GirthyBongRip said:

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: That would be considered RDM.

Yes it would but what would the punishment be?

On 8/31/2022 at 1:12 AM, GirthyBongRip said:

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?:It depends what they're doing to not co-operate,After asking a couple times it could be anything from a mute/gag to a kick or ban.

You wouldn't Ban some one just for not co-operating. IF they exscalated to somthing that is a bannable offense sure. 

Conclusion 

Overall your app is well done. there are a few questions that need to be cleared up. But looking at your warns you have 2 RIS and while they don't count towards future punishments the fact that you have one Yesterday and the day before makes me a little bit uneasy

+/-

• Love 1

2 hours ago, TangoDown said:

Yes it would but what would the punishment be?

You wouldn't Ban some one just for not co-operating. IF they exscalated to somthing that is a bannable offense sure. 

Conclusion 

Overall your app is well done. there are a few questions that need to be cleared up. But looking at your warns you have 2 RIS and while they don't count towards future punishments the fact that you have one Yesterday and the day before makes me a little bit uneasy

+/-

Sorry I should have clarified this in the initial application, I meant it would fall under whatever the players next punishment would be for RDM. Same with the second one, I meant if they said a racial slur or killed someone in the sit, again my fault for not clarifying in the application itself. As for the warns i only see 1 in the last 2 weeks and it was last night, it was by complete accident and after apologizing profusely and replacing what he lost me and the player called it good. I hope this can clear that up at least a little bit!

• Like 1

ACCEPTED

I have seen you play in-game and you come across as very level headed and chill which is perfect for Staffing on Aether - your application is decent enough and your Community Support is very impressive; I believe you deserve a shot at Staffing, remember to listen to your mentor and fellow Staff and good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Trem0r @Tremor

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Cool 1