Spooky's Staff Application

Spo0ky

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Spoooky
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:196994960 
  • Discord Tag: Spooky#3162
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): 82 hours
  • Timezone: [PT]
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198354255649/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): During the week I can get on from 5pm till around 2am.  During the weekend I can get be active throughout the day. 

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?I can contribute by bringing a helping hand and bringing good energy to the team. I love helping out new players and making their stay fun. I would also like to make all kind of events to make the server experience more enjoyable and fun for everyone. I have previous experience as a moderator and hope to bring my skills and be useful to this community. And lastly I could also help with the night shift since I notice not that many staff members get on late night. 
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?Yes and I have also took notes of the most common rules I believe I will need to enforce. 
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?I am always open to constructive criticism and strive to be better. 
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?I am positive.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: Raids can be 10 minutes. 
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 30 minutes
  • What initiates a raid?: The /advert command
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes if you job allows it
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert Raid 
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: Not until you advert the raid. 
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: Not until 30 minutes have passed. Same as dying. 
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: You are not allowed to kill them back, that would be considered Revenge RDM. 
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator? I would warn them for RDM if not previously warned. 
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • - Raiding is illegal.
  • - Entities scannable by the contraband scanner are always illegal.
  • - Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base.
  • - Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal. 
  • - Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • - Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do.
  • - Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • - The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws.
  • How many bases can you own per party?: One base per party.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I would first try to deescalate the situation. If that doesn't work ill proceed with a mute. Then finally a kick/ban. 
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes, having fun at someone else's expense is messed up. 
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: An example of a staff abusing their powers would be using admin commands to get an advantage when roleplaying as a regular job. Like getting more health, armor, spawning weapons, activating god mode, etc. I would handle this by reporting it to a upper rank staff member and deciding what the appropriate punishment should be. 
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would intervene by teleporting them to secluded area. I would then check for previous warning even though mass RDM is a clear ban-able offense. Finally I would issue the appropriate punishment.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: If the Mayor continues to do it I would demote him. 
Edited by Spo0ky

+1

I've had nothing but good experiences with you.

Bare minimum play time necessary though to be fair. I don't think it's a bad thing but it would be good to play a bit more unless you just outright forgot to update it.

You genuinely just like to have fun and from what you tell me, you are able to be serious when you need to be.

Having this position of power, you will be held to a high standard and you will be expected to be able to do the right thing even when nobody sees it and the members of the community will trust that you will do the right thing when enforcing the rules.

Best of luck homie.

- Joe Nuts

2 hours ago, Joe Nuts said:

+1

I've had nothing but good experiences with you.

Bare minimum play time necessary though to be fair. I don't think it's a bad thing but it would be good to play a bit more unless you just outright forgot to update it.

You genuinely just like to have fun and from what you tell me, you are able to be serious when you need to be.

Having this position of power, you will be held to a high standard and you will be expected to be able to do the right thing even when nobody sees it and the members of the community will trust that you will do the right thing when enforcing the rules.

Best of luck homie.

- Joe Nuts

Thank you for the feed back and yes since I posted my application Iv gather around 12 more hours and counting. 

Edited by Spo0ky

15 hours ago, Spo0ky said:

Have you read the rules fully, understand, and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?Yes, and I have also taken notes of the most common rules I believe I will need to enforce. 

Questionable as you just received a couple of warns about a week ago.

15 hours ago, Spo0ky said:

If you get arrested mid-raid, can you return after your arrest?: Not until 30 minutes have passed. Same as dying. 

While this is correct, I'm not marking this as an incorrect answer. I bring forth the question, what if the Defender was the one who got arrested? Situational awareness is essential.

16 hours ago, Spo0ky said:

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I would first try to de-escalate the situation. If that doesn't work ill proceed with a mute. Then finally, a kick/ban. 

For non-cooperative players, You typically would Mute/Gag/Freeze them and continue the investigation. Kicks & Bans for non-cooperation players would only be for extreme cases where they are doing something that is affecting the server (somehow spamming a shit ton of props while frozen, causing lag, as an example).

16 hours ago, Spo0ky said:

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and refuses to turn it off; how do you resolve this?: If the Mayor continues to do it, I would demote him. 

Correct, But you want to ensure that you explain the rules to them. Sometimes it takes several tries to get them to understand the rules. Simply Demoting them gives them a reason to be mad (even though they still might be when they get demoted) still a good thing to pound the rules into their skulls, so hopefully, they get it.

Conclusion

Overall, I think Your app is pretty solid. However, the fact that you received 2 warns a little over a week ago shows that you do not quite have a full grasp on the rules. Mistakes happen, But we have to be held to a higher standard. So for that reason, I cannot quite fully support your staff app. I would like to see another week of solid gameplay with no warns before I could give you a complete +1, so for now.

+/-

+1

After interacting with you a bit I feel as if I can change my answer from a +/- to a +1. You seem to have a feel for rules and their punishments for the most part

Seems to have the maturity we look for in staff

Better in-game playtime!

Recent warns

Be sure we be reviewing the RULES as well as STAFF HANDBOOK while you try to gain community support!

Edited by dr. snortthisperc
+/- to a +1

+/-

• Decent Application
  • Haven't had any interactions with you in-game
  • Low Play-Time
  • Recent Warnings

I would change this to a +1 if you had more play-time and didn't have those warnings. Since I have never met you in-game I can't confirm or deny if you're a friendly person.

I wish you the best of luck with your application!

21 hours ago, Creed said:

+/-

• Decent Application
  • Haven't had any interactions with you in-game
  • Low Play-Time
  • Recent Warnings

I would change this to a +1 if you had more play-time and didn't have those warnings. Since I have never met you in-game I can't confirm or deny if you're a friendly person.

I wish you the best of luck with your application!

Yeeep i agree with creed on this one 

+1 due to further investigation your warnings are VW i dont think thats very bad 

Edited by Lofi
  • Love 1

You only have 2 warnings that are RDM | VW and Fail Raid | VW, both of which are from 1 week prior to you posting this app. I dont think either of those are a big deal enough to -1 your entire application.

I've interacted with you plenty and you seem like a cool dude with good maturity. I think you have potential to be good staff and while it may be risky i think you deserve a shot at Tmod.

+1

On 9/28/2022 at 2:47 PM, dr. snortthisperc said:

+1

After interacting with you a bit I feel as if I can change my answer from a +/- to a +1. You seem to have a feel for rules and their punishments for the most part

Seems to have the maturity we look for in staff

Better in-game playtime!

Recent warns

Be sure we be reviewing the RULES as well as STAFF HANDBOOK while you try to gain community support!

ACCEPTED

Although you haven't been around too long you have created a positive impact on many members of the Community and have shown to be level-headed and mature enough to try out staff. Good luck and make sure you listen to your mentor and fellow staff!

Your assigned Mentor is: @ThiccYe

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)