Big Milk's Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations): ๖ۣۜBig Milk, if I ever change it, it would be to PowerShot360
  • Steam ID (https://steamid.io/): 76561198314585977
  • Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

DarkRP Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether Network?: 

• I believe I can contribute to Aether Network by adding another Moderation Team Member to Aether Network's Staff Team, I am always very active on Discord (although not much yet on the AetherNetwork.gg Discord).  I choose to include that I do not have many hours on Aether Network DarkRP because I want to be honest with everyone.  I have been to numerous DarkRP servers and although all servers and communities has it's flaws, Aether has a very home-ly feel to it, I won't deny that some people are total minges and just intend to ruin fun for everyone else, but the usuals on this server give it a very at-home feel.  There are some amazing moderators on this server already and I'm not sure I could compete with them, the mods I have come in contact with a few times were Bballer, Beth, and Jouram himself, all amazing moderators that deal with tickets and sits with some of the most profound professionalism I have ever seen on a $9.99 game, these mods treat their positions with the utmost respect and I have all of the respect in the world for many of the moderators and players on this server.  I believe I could add another member to this moderation team that will deal with tickets with fairness and professionalism.  I also have in-depth coding experience and would be more than happy to some day help with the development of the server.

• What is RDM?:

• RDM stands for Random Death Match, RDM is when a player attacks another player without reason, RDM typically but not always results in death, however, RDM can also be used to describe attacking another player and not necessarily killing them, although this isn't as common of an issue as death-related RDM

• Raids can last how long?

• Raids can last for 10 minutes.  NLR, which stands for New Life Rule also states that if you are killed during a raid that you can NOT return to your place of death for a minimum of 3 minutes.  Additionally, raiding has a cool-down timer, this timer is 20 minutes.  This means that if Big Milk raids Bballer's base, whether Big Milk loses or succeeds, Big Milk may NOT raid Bballer's base for a minimum of 20 minutes as of the conclusion of the raid

• What initiates a raid?:

• A raid is initiated by doing the chat command /advert followed by the word raid or in a Police Department raid it would be followed by PD Raid

• If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?:

• In this situation it depends: If the owner is several streets away when you go to raid their base then no, you cannot kill them unless they return to their base during your raid.  If the owner of the base is actively defending the base like shooting at the raiders, locking doors, etc. then yes you may kill them.

• List 3 default Laws of The Land: 

• 1. Do NOT attack any citizens unless in self defense
  • 2. Do NOT steal from other citizens or break into other citizens' homes.
  • 3. Money Printers and Drugs are ILLEGAL

• How many bases can you own per party?:

• Each party may own 1 base.

• A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?:
  • If a player is refusing to co-operate with me in a staff sit I would ask them 3 times to cooperate before I would take further administrative action which would likely be Jailing them for 10 minutes, however, this action would vary with the offense of the non-cooperative player, if the non-cooperative player did something very serious such as threatening someone with real life harm, making racist comments in any way, shape, or form, Mass RDM-ing, or even Mass RDA-ing, I would attempt to call in a more seasoned moderator/admin to advise me as to what to do with such a situation.  If I was the only active moderator/admin online I would, in a serious case as mentioned above, ban the player for a minimum of 10 minutes and take further action if the player reconnects after their ban is up and continues to be a non-cooperative rule-breaker.  At this point I would likely ban them for 1 day and further alert my colleagues\superiors of the actions that I took.

Extra Comments:

The AetherNetwork.gg Discord server has a member count of 420 as of me joining today and currently as I am typing this application. Nice.

As I was typing this Application some of the text defaulted back to white when I autocorrected a word and I cannot change it back, I apologize for the weirdness of the application formatting.

I forgot to mention Fakie as a cool mod too, love you Fakie

I do have a 1 day ban on this server but let me explain, it was like 3AM my time and I was shooting at someone and killed them but accidentally killed a mod who was RP-ing in the crossfire by mistake, the mod, who's name I cannot remember, then banned me for a day with the reason "Take a break bud" I went back and checked my recordings and I didn't really see any reason why I was banned but I understand that mistakes are made and perhaps that admin was in a bad mood (not that that is a valid reason to ban someone), perhaps there were other reasons I wasn't aware of but the mod also accused me of MRDM which didn't happen, the only 2 people I killed in that incident are the gun dealer who shot at me first, unprovoked, and the mod that I killed by mistake in the crossfire, I would have absolutely accepted a jail or somethingsiorfkilling an innocent, even by mistake, I was just a bit peeved when I was banned for a day and I wanted to explain my story so that the community has all of the information necessary to make an informed decision on my application.

When I was really young I had an incident and I had to have a metal plate inserted into my head and now whenever someone turns on a microwave I piss myself.

Edited by ๖ۣۜBig Milk
funny haha dildozer
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Dildozer said:

Your app is great however considering today you just had to be told to use a format when making a suggestion, I don’t think you’re ready.

if you aren’t aware of important things like required formats, I wouldn’t trust you assisting others with it.

Thank you for the critique Dildozer, nice name btw, I didn't realize a suggestion had to follow a format, I apologize for my blunder there, the suggestion was just a spur of the moment off the top of my head thing, I should definitely have been more observant when making that forum post, I hope a simple mistake like that doesn't have too much of an effect on the community's perspective of me

+/-

+

Good, thought-out responses to the questions, all answers appear to be answered correctly- however.. (refer to critiques below)

-

The question in regards to what truly initiates a raid could be further explained/better detailed

Play time could be worked on, how-ever you do seem to be quite active on the server as of these past few day.

This critique is in no way meant to be biased in a manor that gives favoritism towards his acceptance by means of a community members positive feedback. Any & all feedback written in this response was made as if I never knew him personally.

17 minutes ago, ๖ۣۜLambsauce said:

+/-

+

Good, thought-out responses to the questions, all answers appear to be answered correctly- however.. (refer to critiques below)

-

The question in regards to what truly initiates a raid could be further explained/better detailed

Play time could be worked on, how-ever you do seem to be quite active on the server as of these past few day.

This critique is in no way meant to be biased in a manor that gives favoritism towards his acceptance by means of a community members positive feedback. Any & all feedback written in this response was made as if I never knew him personally.

Allow me to elaborate on the raid initiation

A raid is *signaled* by a /advert chat command, a raid truly starts when your door is lock-picked, keypad cracked, or rammed by a police or SWAT officer

Forgive my inspecificity in regards to that question

+1

You've written a well thought out application with thought put into a lot of the longer answer questions, very nice.

From my experiences with you on the server you seem like a nice fellow who simply wants to help out.

You've got a good grasp on the rules.

Also,

7 hours ago, Dildozer said:

however considering today you just had to be told to use a format when making a suggestion, I don’t think you’re ready.

if you aren’t aware of important things like required formats, I wouldn’t trust you assisting others with it.

Does this minor mistake completely devalue the well thought out app that he created? I see no reason why him overlooking a format on the forums would translate into not being able to properly assist players in-game, and we all make simple mistakes like this all the time. This seems like a petty reason to completely get rid of all hope of him being a good staff member.

Anyways,

Good luck on your application!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lemon said:

+1

You've written a well thought out application with thought put into a lot of the longer answer questions, very nice.

From my experiences with you on the server you seem like a nice fellow who simply wants to help out.

Also,

Does this minor mistake completely devalue the well thought out app that he created? I see no reason why him overlooking a format on the forums would translate into not being able to properly assist players in-game, and we all make simple mistakes like this all the time. This seems like a petty reason to completely get rid of all hope of him being a good staff member.

Anyways,

Thank you for the kind words and sticking up for me, however, not to diminuate your praises, I certainly should have paid more attention to the forums and their guidelines if I am to be an effective staff member, once again thank you for the kind words!  #VitaminC

8 minutes ago, Lemon said:

+1

Also,

Anyways,

No it doesn’t overlook it but a good app isn’t all it takes to become staff. Anyone who is fit for helping others and having the maturity to handle power deserves a shot. I believe he fits every criteria apart from the knowledge such as forum formats which will come with experience from playing the server.

if he doesn’t know about forum formats how will he be able to assist someone with using the forums? That’s what I’m getting at.

I think he should take more time and familiarize himself with the different functionalities we use in game, on the forums, and on discord. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dildozer said:

No it doesn’t overlook it but a good app isn’t all it takes to become staff. Anyone who is fit for helping others and having the maturity to handle power deserves a shot. I believe he fits every criteria apart from the knowledge such as forum formats which will come with experience from playing the server.

if he doesn’t know about forum formats how will he be able to assist someone with using the forums? That’s what I’m getting at.

I think he should take more time and familiarize himself with the different functionalities we use in game, on the forums, and on discord. 

Thank you once again for the critique Dildozer, I appreciate the compliments and critique alike, I have any and every intention on becoming a long-term member of this server, I believe I have become what one could call an active member if you decide to overlook that I've been around for right around a week or so, I don't expect everyone to give me a shot so quickly but it is certainly reassuring to know that there's a few people willing to give me a shot if I improve my knowledge of the server

2 hours ago, Kickstart said:

+1 

Very Active

Seems nice

supports the server

28 minutes ago, Fakie said:

+1

Active

Mature

Talked with you a bit, you seem very fit for staff man! goodluck!

Thank you guys so much for the kind words and support!  I hope to become a good addition to the team!

+1 (changing my previous -1 for reasons below)

After getting to know you more I would support you joining the staff team.

I stand by the negative I said earlier, however I’ve come to find that you maturity drowns out that concern. You appear to be someone who is very teachable so I have no problem.

4 hours ago, Dildozer said:

+1 (changing my previous -1 for reasons below)

After getting to know you more I would support you joining the staff team.

I stand by the negative I said earlier, however I’ve come to find that you maturity drowns out that concern. You appear to be someone who is very teachable so I have no problem.

Thank you for the support Dildozer!  I appreciate the critique and I will definitely work on improving my knowledge of somewhat smaller but equally important things like formats on the forums.

+1

Positive-

- I've seen you in-game.

- Our encounters were always mature, never seen you be toxic.

- I see you patrolling the chat and you seem to constantly try to have a toxic free OOC.

Negative-

- None

Extra comments: I'd like to see you become T-Mod and see how you'll  handle yourself.

Accepted

You are older and have been very active the past weeks, I think with a bit of help from us you can become a good staff member.

Be sure to read the Handbook fully, update yourself on the rules. 

You will be notified in the Rookie Barracks channel on Discord with further instructions. Welcome to the team!

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link