monkee

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name: Monkee
  • Steam IDSTEAM_0:0:580532201
  • Discord TagJeremyThrift#4983
  • Total Playtime 2w 6d 7h
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199121330130/
  • Times you're most active: 12:00 pm est - 3:00 pm est and 11:00 pm est - 4:00 am est

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: Providing help and moderation to players during times there are few or no other staff on. During my time of play (usually later in the night / early mornings) there aren't enough staff on to deal with the toxic trolls who ruin the fun for others and would love the opportunity to fix that.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?Yes, I have a good understanding of the rules and have been able to follow them quite consistently as well as, helping new players get a grip of how Aether works compared to other dark rp servers. I fully feel comfortable enforcing them.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?If selected I would have no issue listening to any staff that has come before me as they would have more experience in any and all situations.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes, I'm quite active most if not all days of the week!

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes from the time the first initial advert was made in chat. 
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?The player in question must wait the full 30 minutes from the last raid.
  • What initiates a raid?:  Initiating a raid consists of adverting (/advert raid) raid in chat.
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes, the player may do so.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert raid, /advert bank raid, /advert pd raid, /advert assist
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No, as this would be considered RDM. The player in question must advert raid before he's allowed to kill the owner.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: If you are raiding the base you must wait the full 30 minutes. If it is your own base you can return once you are released. 
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, as this would be RDM / Revenge RDM and you could possibly receive the same consequences as the person who RDM'd you.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Since the player initiated damage without reason this would be considered RDM and would receive the consequence / warning as such.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:

1. Raiding is illegal

2. Money printers, drugs and explosives are illegal

3. Bitcoin racks are illegal (smaller miners are legal)

4. Harming players unless in self/base defense is illegal

5. Life threats, are illegal

6. Owning a gun license makes all weapons on person or persons legal 

7. Kidnapping, theft and harming players is illegal

8. Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal

9. Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is endangered and or the plater is wanted.

10. Non-default laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do

11. The mayor can make all dangerous weapons, held in hand or on person legal or illegal

• How many bases can you own per party?: 1 Base is allowed per party.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I would either freeze, mute or gag the player in question depending on what he or she is doing. I would first do my best to try and de-escalate and calm the player down before reaching that point.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes, as this would be harassment or a form of toxicity.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Any staff using their powers to have an unfair advantage over a normal player. Ex. giving armour/hp, flying in and out of bases to avoid death/damage or giving them selves weapons that they normally wouldn't have access to. If I caught the staff in question doing these things I would clip it immediately and report it to a higher up so it can be dealt with as soon as possible.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Stop the player in question immediately. Freezing or teleporting the player to admin land, checking logs and then determining the right form of punishment i.e. in most cases MRDM
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would teleport to mayor and ask the player in question to end the lockdown if not the player could face job demotion.

Smart-monkey GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by monkee

Summary:

Fun player to be around

Rule knowledge is high

Great playtime

Great Application

Even though we had a few (maybe more) disagreements I respect that you are a dedicated player with great knowledge on Aether.

With the reasons stated above I have decided to +1 this application.

This decision may be changed with reason if any issues are to arise during your applications up time.

I would recommend reading over the staff handbook.

Best Of Luck!

Edited by NotYourMomsPancakes

+1

• Great Application
  • Great Play-Time
  • Great Interactions In-Game
  • Some Warnings

I've only had positive interactions with you in-game and you are very active. You do have a few previous warnings but they aren't serious enough for me to -1. I'm sure that you will be a great addition to the staff team!

On 11/3/2022 at 1:42 PM, dr. snortthisperc said:

Great amount of playtime

Very good knowledge of rules

0 bad interactions

I don't see any reason not to +1 this!

nothing but great interactions with you! you are a solid player and very active id have no problem seeing you as a mod! Good Luck!

+1

• Cool 1

+1

• Good interactions with you
  • Good application
  • Always helpful in sits with providing proof
  • Seen you a bunch of times in game
  • You're pretty well known in the community

I think you'd make a pretty chill staff member, hope to see you on the team man! Good Luck!

ACCEPTED

You're a pretty chill guy who has created a positive impact enough to get good Community Support. This and your good application grant you the chance to show us what you've got! 

Your assigned Mentor is: @Tremor 

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)