sudda sam

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name: sudda sam
  • Steam IDSteam ID: 76561199219536803
  • Discord Tag: sudda sam#8041
  • Total Playtime: 4d 20h 21m.
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199219536803/
  • Times you're most active : any time after 7pm until  12am Tuesday / Saturday monday:12pm /12am

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: i can contribute to aether by bring a fun safe and friendly gaming experience to all those who join and help anyone with any questions they have and guide new players to follow rules to keep it fun and fair for everyone .
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: yes i have read the rules and understand them to ensure a fun experience
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: yes i will listen to any staff orders or commands given to me big or small
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: yes i will be able to be staff for multiple hours at a time every week 

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes after an advert is made in chat
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: the raid cooldown for a base is 30 minutes whether in a party or alone
  • What initiates a raid?: typing [/advert raid in chat]
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: yes the player is allowed too
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game):/advert raid /advert pd raid /advert bank raid /advert assist /advert counter raid 
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: no you have to advert the raid before killing the player or it would be considered rdm
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: no because the raid is now over since being arrested and u have the wait the 30 min cooldown 
  • If you get RDMd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: no its considered revenge rdm and you could possibly be punished as well as them for rdm
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: since it was unprovoked it would fall under rdm and would be warned List all default Laws of The Land: 1. raiding is illegal, 2: money printers, drugs, and explosives are illegal 3:bitcoin racks are illegal (smaller racks are legal) 4: harming players unless in self/base defense is illegal 5:life threats are illegal 6:owning a gun license makes all weapons person or persons legal 7:kidnapping,theft, and harming players is illegal 8: shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal 9:laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the police officers life is endangered and or the player is wanted 10:non-default laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do 11:the mayor can make all dangerous weapons , held in hand or on person legal or illegal
  • How many bases can you own per party?:  1base allowed in a party
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: i would gag/mute and or freeze them the uncooperative player based on how they aren't cooperating if I'm unable to verbally ask the to comply so we can sort out the reason for the sit
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?:  yes its considered toxicity or harassment so they can be punished 
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: any person of staff that is using there powers to have god mode during raids flying in and around players bases to avoid raids death or kidnappings or if they are giving themselves weapons others cant get them self's and id clip there actions and send it to any higher up available the moment i see it
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: id tp to the player in questions and freeze them in place or tp them to admin land  and tp any players who reported the rdm and look at logs and decide what kind of punishment, and how long there punishment would be 
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: tp to the mayor and ask them to end the lockdown and if they don't comply there is a possibility for them to be demoted from there job

19 hours ago, sudda sam said:

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: id tp to the player in questions and freeze them in place or tp them to admin land  and tp any players who reported the rdm and look at logs and decide what kind of punishment, and how long there punishment would be 

but what punishment would you give them? (as in they have no warns or anything prior to the killings)

other then what i stated above looks like a good app we have a staff handbook anyone can look at linked below 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WRbK0749uxVUYMzUbYeOdOcKNGcrgl9M2HNSgnQVRlc/edit

not sure if i have interacted with you yet if not excited to see you out there good luck !

+1

Summary:

Great Staff App!

Playtime is higher than required!

All staff issues since September have all been Resolved in Sit!

I don't see an issue on why you couldn't be staff!

With the reasons stated above I am going to +1 this application, My opinion may change with reason if any issues arise during your application.

On 11/18/2022 at 1:47 AM, sudda sam said:

Total Playtime: 4d 20h

love the playtime 😉

OVERALL
Decent Application

Concerns explained below

I believe Sudda Sam could potentially be a good staff member, my only concern lies within the area of accepting criticism as a staff member. It's very easy to get annoyed and snippy with a player, but that could definitely lead to you being punished as a staff member. As well as you're gonna have tons of players talk smack to you whilst being a staff member, meaning you're gonna have to turn the shoulder to them and ignore them when possible.

At this time being, I'm gonna choose to +/- until I can see some more interactions within the game. 

Best of luck! Be sure to check up on the Staff Handbook as well as the Rules

After recent interactions with you, and recent interactions from others, I can no longer support this application.

Strive for better interactions and imprints on the server and I'll change my mind for next time.

Edited by Oddity
Change in opinion.

After some interactions I’ve had/seen with you, I just don’t think you’re quite ready for staffing. You let others words get to you and will need much thicker skin for the toxicity that staff endure. You’re knowledge and understanding of rules could use work as well. You’re definitely a cool guy and have good intentions for the server and hope to see you work on what you need if you truly want staff. 

I agree with @ThiccYe (Especially on the rules part). I've gotten many DM's from you and taken quite a few tickets from you the past day or so (and I'm not saying you DM me about issues is a problem). Still, When it came to Rule knowledge, I recently had a few times where I had to educate you on a rule, and the Sit didn't need to happen due to you not quite understanding a Rule. 

Get a better working knowledge of the rules and show us You can Handle Silly things without taking them personally, and you might do alright as staff. Begrudgingly

-

15 minutes ago, ThiccYe said:

After some interactions I’ve had/seen with you, I just don’t think you’re quite ready for staffing. You let others words get to you and will need much thicker skin for the toxicity that staff endure. You’re knowledge and understanding of rules could use work as well. You’re definitely a cool guy and have good intentions for the server and hope to see you work on what you need if you truly want staff. 

I agree with thicc here, though the situation you were in is pretty mean to anyone being able to endure it without hesitation is something that is required for staffing. You have nothing but a blast to talk to and interact with in game, I think staffing can be a possibility for you in the future if you can ensure your able to endure even the worst toxicity.

-1 just for now

It's quite evident that you've shown to have a clear knowledge on the rules and how to handle proper staff related punishments towards troublesome players to a certain degree, however being level headed is just as much of an importance while being staff.  As long you tone down on the toxicity and build a thicker skin, i have no problem supporting you on your future staff app.

Edited by Enzo