Application to become a TMod

PigMan

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Pigman, MisguidedMan925
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:558301017
  • Discord Tag: MisguidedMan925#7841

Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): 2d 8m

• Timezone: Easter Standard Time
  • Steam Profile
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 3:30 PM - 8:30 PM

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can provide dedication and interaction while keeping the rules enforced onto everyone yet keeping a fun and interactive server.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes I have read and feel that I have a understanding of the rules and have the ability to correctly enforce them as much as possible.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: I am willing to to listen to any staff members guidance since they have the more experience as a moderator even if I feel as though it is unneeded.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: I am certain that I will be able to staff for the 5 hours per week and complete 50 sits every 2 weeks.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?:  10 minutes with a 30 minute cool down.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: The member cannot come back until the NRL is up and the raid is over and must wait the required 30 minute cool down.
  • What initiates a raid?: The use of /advert raid starts a raid for the person who typed it.
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: They may steal the item if they have the right to steal and use no raid tools.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /raid counter 
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: You may not kill the owner unless the raid has been initiated.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: You cannot return to a raid if you get arrested while it active.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?:  You may not kill the RDMer unless they purposely attacked you but did not yet kill you since it would then become self defense since they have damaged you with intent to kill.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?:  I would give the instigator a Rdm warning because Rdm counts when damage is inflicted and does not have to be a full kill.
  • List all default Laws of The LandRaiding and stealing is illegal, Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegalHarming players is illegal unless you are the defending baseshooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal, laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted , laws can be enforced with KOS if the players life is in danger , Non-default laws must be things that players choose to do, Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed, The mayor can make dangerous weapons illegal or legal.
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1 
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: You can freeze the player and gag them if they are mic spamming.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: You cannot punish a player even if they do not make the game fun unless they break a rule. 
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: A staff could be giving their friends immunity to rules in which I would report to a higher up for them to handle it.  
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would Jail the RDMer to begin with and afterwards will ban the player if they continue RDMing others.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would give the mayor a choice of disabling the lockdown or losing his job as well as getting a warn for abusing as mayor. 

Extra Comments: I feel that this position would be good for me and benefit you by helping enforce Aethers rules while keeping a fun experience.

4 hours ago, MisguidedMan925 said:

Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /raid counter 

This is actually not a valid raid advert. Only valid raid adverts are /Raid - /PD Raid - /Bank Raid. No raid advert should have any extra text other than what they are specifically raiding. Any counter raids or group raids all have to have a default raid advert. 

If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?:  You may not kill the RDMer unless they purposely attacked you but did not yet kill you since it would then become self defense since they have damaged you with intent to kill.

This question is more in reference to if you're able to come back and kill the person that last killed you. While your info is correct, it isn't exactly relevant to the question. 

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: You cannot punish a player even if they do not make the game fun unless they break a rule. 

There are unwritten rules that you'll run across, such as targeting other players indirectly or going out of their way to disrupt gameplay for others, and they usually fall under NITRP (No Intent To Roleplay) 

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would Jail the RDMer to begin with and afterwards will ban the player if they continue RDMing others.

How would you handle a player blatantly killing 3+ people within 20 seconds?

Overall not a bad application. While you may be lacking some knowledge on the rules/guidelines, you have a solid grasp of it all, and I see potential in your capabilities.

I've seen you in game a ton recently and only had good interactions with you, although I haven't checked you warns.

I think it would be worth a shot letting you go through the tmod phase

+1

• Silly 1

On 12/4/2022 at 2:25 AM, ThiccYe said:
On 12/3/2022 at 10:01 PM, MisguidedMan925 said:

Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /raid counter 

This is actually not a valid raid advert. Only valid raid adverts are /Raid - /PD Raid - /Bank Raid. No raid advert should have any extra text other than what they are specifically raiding. Any counter raids or group raids all have to have a default raid advert. 

If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?:  You may not kill the RDMer unless they purposely attacked you but did not yet kill you since it would then become self defense since they have damaged you with intent to kill.

This question is more in reference to if you're able to come back and kill the person that last killed you. While your info is correct, it isn't exactly relevant to the question. 

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: You cannot punish a player even if they do not make the game fun unless they break a rule. 

There are unwritten rules that you'll run across, such as targeting other players indirectly or going out of their way to disrupt gameplay for others, and they usually fall under NITRP (No Intent To Roleplay) 

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would Jail the RDMer to begin with and afterwards will ban the player if they continue RDMing others.

How would you handle a player blatantly killing 3+ people within 20 seconds?

Overall not a bad application. While you may be lacking some knowledge on the rules/guidelines, you have a solid grasp of it all, and I see potential in your capabilities.

I've seen you in game a ton recently and only had good interactions with you, although I haven't checked you warns.

I think it would be worth a shot letting you go through the tmod phase

ThiccYe said everything that needed to be said ive seen you around and you seem pretty active! havnt looked at your warns neither but i think you deserve a shot as T-Mod! Hope to see you around! 

Edited!

Due to your warns im going to have to change my answer to a -1 

Edited by Lofi
  • Hm? 1

+1,

• Had no negative interactions with you prior to the creation of the staff app.
  • Has a clear knowledge of the rules and how to give out proper staff related punishments.
  • Extremely active on the server.

Edited:

-1, having recent & active warns are a bad look on staff. 

Edited by Enzo

• Never had any interactions with you in-game
  • Low Play-Time
  • Application seems rushed
  • Several recent warnings

Since I haven't met you in-game yet I can't tell if you do have a positive attitude. In my opinion your application seems rushed and due to that I will give this a -1. Due to your recent warnings I cannot justify even giving this a +/-. I wish you the best of luck with your application.

Edited by Creed

You have always been nice in game and I have never had a problem with you, the only thing holding me up is your very recent warnings.

image.thumb.png.236e24dab85648bbf825f93aa709c3d8.png

These warns are far too recent for me to comfortably +1 this, make sure you are following all the in game rules when applying for staff to try to avoid receiving warns.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 10:34 AM, Trem0r said:

You have always been nice in game and I have never had a problem with you, the only thing holding me up is your very recent warnings.

image.thumb.png.236e24dab85648bbf825f93aa709c3d8.png

These warns are far too recent for me to comfortably +1 this, make sure you are following all the in game rules when applying for staff to try to avoid receiving warns.

After some additional interaction with you and working with you in sits especially today I think it is clear you have good intentions, you warns were a little concerning at first but I am happy to see you have not accumulated any since then, I think you deserve a shot at staffing

+1

• Silly 1

40 minutes ago, Trem0r said:

After some additional interaction with you and working with you in sits especially today I think it is clear you have good intentions, you warns were a little concerning at first but I am happy to see you have not accumulated any since then, I think you deserve a shot at staffing

I'm also thoroughly impressed I think you deserve a shot no doubt changing my answer to a +1 good luck 🙂

+1

Edited by Lofi
  • Silly 1

I'm perplexed. While there have been many Negatives and some positives pointed out by Various staff and players. The fact that Your app is a bit Rushed and Not fully filled out (Missing Link to your steam Profile, and Various other Errors in your app and Recent warns I cannot support You for a trial Position. Give it a couple of weeks and re-apply and avoid getting warned as well as Take more time on your app and you Might have a Chance. For Now

ACCEPTED

I believe you have good intentions even with your slip ups on the rules, your activity is good and your personality is also chill. Good luck and show us what you've got.

Your assigned Mentor is: @ThiccYe

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)