Caspers Strive For Staffing

Casper

AetherNetwork.gg

Staffing Requirements:

Copy and then post your application HERE

Video guide on how to get started with your application HERE

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DENIED.

YOU WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF APPLYING, RECEIVING ANY WARNS/BANS IN THIS TIME WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DENIAL!

• You MUST maintain a healthy activity level In-Game, on Forums and in Discord when applying for staff.
  • You MUST have at least 48 hours / 2 days play time on the server you are applying for.
  • You MUST be at least 15 years of age unless given permission to apply by a higher up. 
  • During the Trial-Mod phase you will be given assistance by all staff members, your trial moderator period can last up to 2 weeks.
  • Your application will be responded to when a decision has been made, usually this takes 7 days but some applications may take more or less time.
  • You MUST fill out the template correctly or else your application will be DENIED.
  • Lying in your application will prove to us that you are untrustworthy, if found out you will be DENIED.
  • If you are found advertising your application it will be DENIED.
    • Talking about your application prior to posting it is okay to get help but talking about it/advertising it after it's been posted will result in an instant denial. Be patient. 
  • If you are found plagiarizing your application it will be DENIED and you will be added to a Staff Blacklist.
  • If you are DENIED you may NOT post another application until 1 Week after the denial post.

Copy Template Below The Lines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): [Casper]
  • Steam ID: [76561198983526409]
  • Discord Tag: [Casper#0953]
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): [3 days 8 hours]
  • Timezone: [EST]
  • Steam Profile: [https://steamcommunity.com/id/Rydjack/]
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): [Weekends 8:00 AM-2:00AM. I travel for work through the week so weekdays are unpredictable but always available to check any forums or discord.]

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I will do everything in my power to keep a calm and fun RP experience for all guest on the server and carry out all duties of a staff member in the most efficient way possible.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes I have no issues with the rules and layout of the server and very conformable enforcing them.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes this would be my first time staffing on a GMOD server and I am fully aware I need guidance and I am  ready to learn and hopefully make some new buddies along the way.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: Yes, even with my current job I am comfortable saying I will be able to do this.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: A player has 10 minutes to carry out a raid and escape.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: A player must wait 30 minutes before raiding the same base.
  • What initiates a raid?: A raid is initiated by useing the in game command /advert {Insert type of Raid}[PD or Normal raid or Raid Assist]
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Only if the tool is being used to gain access 
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /Advert Raid 
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No this would be RDM
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: You can not return to raid and must wait 30 minutes to raid a base more than 1 time
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: I would only see this as acceptable if no staff are active at the time and only after you have made reports in game with @{Report Reason Here}
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: First make check if its there first offense if it is then simply give them a warning for RDM 
  • List all default Laws of The Land:

=Raiding stealing is illegal

=Entities detected by contraband scanners are illegal

=Harming players is illegals unless defending a base

=Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal

=Laws can be enforced by KOS if said player is already wanted

=Laws can be enforced by KOS if a players life is in danger

=Non default laws must be things a player chooses to do

=laws that seen as baiting kills or arrest are not allowed 

=The mayor must choose to make dangerous weapons illegal 

• How many bases can you own per party?: You can own 1 base per party 
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If the player refuses to cooperate I would punsih the player for whatever reason the sit was made and would count them as automatically guilty 
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: If a player is ruining the experience of RP for other members they deserver a punishment unless they are not breaking any rules of the server
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Using no clip or godmode or any other staff power to further gain themselves. Staff are not above the rules and shouldn't use any powers to give them selves advantages, Example: Staff using god mode to defend themself in a raid I would report it to the owner or any staff member above them in chain of command 
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would TP them to admin land and freeze them to stop any further damage to anyone's RP and hang them out a ban for Mass RDM and NITRP
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would attempt to reason with them but if that isn't working I would remove player from the mayor position and issue a warning for failing RP due to the fact that abusing the lock down feature and has no RP purpose. 
Edited by Casper

6 hours ago, Casper said:

If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: I would only see this as acceptable if no staff are active at the time and only after you have made reports in game with @{Report Reason Here}

sometimes staff aren't on correct but that don't mean you also break the rules if you have the chance to just AVOID it then that would be better, even saying something in the general chat on our discord could help someone could be active just AFK if you get caught also RDM'ing you can also be punished 

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would TP them to admin land and freeze them to stop any further damage to anyone's RP and hang them out a ban for Mass RDM and NITRP

you are not wrong but how long would they be banned for?

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If the player refuses to cooperate I would punsih the player for whatever reason the sit was made and would count them as automatically guilty 

just  cause they are NOT cooperating does not mean they are guilty, I would review the situation and go off the logs sometimes new players make sits and say it was RDM because they didn't see an advert or know the rules for the server.

you seem to have a good general knowledge of the server rules and they start to click more once you start to enforce said rules I've seen you around I've had no negative interactions with you not 1 time the way you would handle sits is a little iffy but that comes with time and knowledge of being a staff member your hours look good love to see it! i haven't check your warns at all so that'll need to be checked but other then that it looks good! ima go +1 for this one hope to see you around!! GOOD LUCK!

• Like 1

+/-

• Good Application
  • Decent Play-Time
  • No recent warnings
  • Haven't had many interactions with you in-game
  • Incorrect Steam64ID
  • Low recent activity

Due to your recent play-time I won't be giving this a plus one, however due to the positive notes I've made above I won't be giving this a -1 either. I believe that you should be consistently playing for a couple more weeks before applying. I wish you the best of luck with your application.

Recent Play-Time.png

• Like 1

Steam ID has been updated not sure how that happened, but I do understand the playtime makes me a liability, I have been apart of the community for probably a month or longer, but it wasn’t me intentionally staying away from the server, I had a cpu burn out on my pc had to rebuild had some issues along the way but I would like to reassure that I will be back to putting time in like I was before my PC issues. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 10:29 AM, Lofi said:

sometimes staff aren't on correct but that don't mean you also break the rules if you have the chance to just AVOID it then that would be better, even saying something in the general chat on our discord could help someone could be active just AFK if you get caught also RDM'ing you can also be punished 

you are not wrong but how long would they be banned for?

just  cause they are NOT cooperating does not mean they are guilty, I would review the situation and go off the logs sometimes new players make sits and say it was RDM because they didn't see an advert or know the rules for the server.

you seem to have a good general knowledge of the server rules and they start to click more once you start to enforce said rules I've seen you around I've had no negative interactions with you not 1 time the way you would handle sits is a little iffy but that comes with time and knowledge of being a staff member your hours look good love to see it! i haven't check your warns at all so that'll need to be checked but other then that it looks good! ima go +1 for this one hope to see you around!! GOOD LUCK!

To answer your question on how long the bans would last on a mass RDMer for a first offender 3 days, second offender 1 week third offender 2 weeks anything after this I would think there intentions have nothing to do with RP and are solely coming back to the server for malicious reasons and should be permanently banned. 

ACCEPTED

You are very new and may have some fresh/unexperienced rule knowledge however your personality is chill and as long as you're willing to put in some time we can teach your the ropes as time goes on. 

Your assigned Mentor is: @Trem0r @Tremor

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)