Emiy's Reapplication

Emiy

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Emiy
  • Steam ID: Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:97808450 
  • Discord Tag: Emiy#9889
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): 2w 6d 9h 33m / 490H )
  • Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NabMae/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): I'll be pretty active during the day and depending my sleeping schedule through the night
    i can't say exact times but i'll more then likely be on a bit after i wake up 

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can contribute to AetherNetworks by being kind, respectful, fair, understanding and helpful the best i can be
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: Yes 

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes max by the time you've looted/stole from said base you should be exiting
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: Until the raid timer is up ( 30 minutes or 20 minutes if a pd raid )
  • What initiates a raid?: An advert
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes, if no raid tools are needed getting in and also if there job allows raiding
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game):"/advert raid" or "/advert pd raid"
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No, you can't kill them because that'll be rdm, the reason being you failed to "/advert raid" meaning it was random to kill them 
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, you can't return after arrest if you're the raider in the situation but if you're being raided you may return after arrest
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, revenge rdm is not allowed you should call a sit instead
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Check logs for damage if damage done warn for attempted rdm and heal person effected then send them back
  • List all default Laws of The Land: Raiding and stealing is illegal, entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal, harming players is illegal unless you are defending bases, shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal, laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted, laws can be enforced with KOS if a players life is in danger.
    ( non-default Laws must be things that players choose to do, laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed and the Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal. )
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1 base, all people in said party should be added to atleast the front door this is to help with sit & raiding references
    A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: It depends of course but i would say !freeze player, also depending !mute/!gag and also warn for example reason: Ignoring staff ( including the reasons they're in the sit probably )
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes, you can
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Deleting someones base/stuff without permission from said person that is in no way breaking the motd in a malicious manner instead of accident or unknowing if it was wrong. I would handle this if recorded and having said individual effected be with me in a sit with a higher up having the recording sent ( this is also depending if it wasn't already resolved between both said people and no malicious intent was there )
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Teleport them into a sit probably have to !freeze ask why they're doing so and explain why they're receiving insert punishment before giving a 3 ban or just giving it without explanation depending
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Teleport to them, nicely ask them to turn it off if they still refuse to do so bring them in a sit and if they continue to refuse i'll warn them for: Ignoring staff
Edited by Emiy
i accidentally put my time in a area where my age should be

+/-

I definitely think it would be worth a shot giving you trial mod, you absolutely have the potential, but my main concern is wether or not you have a mic/are willing to use it. Staffing while using only text is incredibly hard and slows down the speed/fluidity of sits, as well as making training/reviews incredibly difficult to complete. If you can commit to using a mic, and show that in game, I could easily give your app a +1. I would also like to see some more activity across forums and discord as well. 

• Like 1

+ Good playtime
+ Nothing but good interactions
+ No warns in over a month

The mic would more than likely be an issue during reviews / your t mod phase, possibly you could use a mic for reviews and sits during your t mod phase. Even I take more sits typing than using my mic anymore, they're still efficient so I feel like after you've learned the logs menu and commands it wouldn't be much of a problem.
Since there is no current rule or standard for applicants to have a mic, I'll +1

Definitely aim to be more active on both the Discord and Forums.

Edited by dr. snortthisperc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ThiccYe said:

+/-

I definitely think it would be worth a shot giving you trial mod, you absolutely have the potential, but my main concern is wether or not you have a mic/are willing to use it. Staffing while using only text is incredibly hard and slows down the speed/fluidity of sits, as well as making training/reviews incredibly difficult to complete. If you can commit to using a mic, and show that in game, I could easily give your app a +1. I would also like to see some more activity across forums and discord as well. 

thiccye summed this up perfect i think you have a very good chance if you end up using a mic and forum activity!

+/-

• Like 1

I can't attest to your staffing capabilities but I think you are a very active aether player and don't cause issues that I have observed, however how others have brought up I believe using a mic helps when staffing a lot as it takes much longer to communicate which causes much longer sits, and even occasional players who full on ignore chat though it is not technically required it can be very useful.

I see no issue with you joining staff again, but try to make sure activity is applied to in game as well as the rest of the community like the forums and discord.

+1

• Like 2

You app looks good 

Your play time looks good

I have seen you on a lot 

Like Termor and ThiccYe said it would help if you had a mic to use or willing to use it but their is nothing saying that you have to us a mic it will just be difficult in sits 

But still it going to be a +1

• Like 1

+1

Very fun person to play with, Knows when to joke around and when not to. Very apologetic, could help a lot with sits.

High playtime, good looking application, everyone knows you

Could spend more time on the forums / Get a mic, very hard to do sits recently without one.

Hope you get the spot Emiy! You'd be a great staff, also didn't even advertise your application to me that's a +1 in my books by itself.

• Like 1
  • Suspicious 1
  • Surprised 1

+1

•  Good Application
  • Good Play-Time
  • Positive Interactions

You do have some recent warnings but they appear to be RIS warnings. I believe that you deserve to go trough the Trial Moderator phase! I wish you the best of luck with your application!

• Like 1

+1, As long you get a mic,  your admin sits will go quite smoothly for you.

• Has showcased that they have a clear understanding of the rules and how to properly handle staff related punishments. 
  • Extremely level headed which is what I like to see in a future staff member as that is quite ideal.
  • Had no negative interactions with you prior to the creation of the staff app.
  • Like 1

ACCEPTED

You are a friendly player who has made a lot of friends in the Community, I believe you can be a positive asset to the Staff team *as long as* the typing isn't a problem, you have been given a strict mentor to be able to correctly asses if the typing will or will not hold you back. Good luck and show us what you've got!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Jouaram @Jouaram_steam

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Like 1
  • Love 1