Wazl's Staff Application

WazL

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Wazl
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:121793546
  • Discord Tag: Wazl#9340
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): 5 days 16h 6 m
  • Timezone: Eastern Standard
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198203852821/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): My Work varies from night to day i can post my schedule but right now my work is on a break so im on almost all day

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I've Always been a helpful person and somewhat kind i feel these attributes contribute a lot to this server i have little play time but im already well known
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes I feel pretty comfortable but im not a sponge should take me another day of reading them to know them by memory
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?:Yes im willing i like all of the staff members they are really nice to me and make me feel at home here on aether  
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: Yes im certain ill have more than enough time 

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes 
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?:They need to wait for the raid timer to be up which is 30 minutes 
  • What initiates a raid?: someone adverting Raid example would be (/advert Raid) in chat ALSO if someone has a bind for a advert raid they MUST make sure that whjen the advert it the raid part is in front of the advert not behind an invalid raid advert would be /advert This base loooks easyyy (RAID).
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: YES but only if the following applies:The base has no raidables, And their job says they can steal.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game):/advert RAID or /advert pd raid or /advert bank raid also as therfore mentioned and type of message on your advert has to be after the word raid 
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No you cannot kill them yet that would be RDM because no raid Advert has been made you could only kill him if hes in interfernce range 
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: NO your gonna have to wait 30 minutes because being arrested starts your raid timer and technically means a fail raid 
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: NO this would be revenge killing and is still RDM your best option is to call for a sit never take it into your own hands you aren't the justice of the land
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?:5 Minute jail time for RDM
  • List all default Laws of The Land: Raiding and stealing is illegal, Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal ,harming players is illegal unless your're defending a base, Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal, Laws can be enforce with KOS if the person is wanted , Laws can be enforced with KOS if that persons life is in danger, Non default laws must be things that players choose to do, Laws that are a seen as baiting kills or arrest are disallowed and last but not least the mayor can choose to make weapons legal or illegal 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: Only One base is allowed per party ,i mean if you could have a base per player THATS FIVE BASES TOO MUCH
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I'll freeze them and depending on what they do or say ill give a just punishment based on top of the reason they are in the sit if they didn't call the sit 
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: YES this server is all about having fun if said player is not having a good time maybe they should re-join at another time just to catch a different crowd also why would anyone try to intetionally ruin someones time thats SO MEAN
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: i think someone abusing powers would be like breaking the rules of the server feeling like they are above the rules or using commands to help out players 
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?:Teleport and freeze said player then ill give them a 3 day ban for MRDM
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Id go push the button to turn it off then teleport the mayor explain to him the rules on the lockdown which is 10 mins and id try and change how hes acting before i give any sort of punishment 
Edited by WazL
  • Giddy 1

1 hour ago, WazL said:

If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes they can because said base doesn't have any raidables so technically its not a raid

Doesn't matter whether they have raidables or not, as long as your player job is allowed to steal and you don't have to use any raiding tools, you can steal anything in their base without an advert.

1 hour ago, WazL said:

Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game):/advert (RAID) GIMME YOUR STUFF

Although its very loosely reported or enforced, raid adverts should not have any extra text in it other than raid/pd raid/bank raid.

1 hour ago, WazL said:

If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No you cannot that would be RDM because no raid action has taken place

Correct but im not sure what you mean by raid "action". In this scenario you would have to at the very least advert raid before killing the owner of the base as long as they are in interference distance.

1 hour ago, WazL said:

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: 5 Minute jail time for RDM

This is assuming that the rule-breaker has already had their first offense warned. 5 minute jail is only for second offense RDM and this punishment would very much depend on their previews warns.

1 hour ago, WazL said:

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I'll freeze them and depending on what they do or say ill give a just punishment based on top of the reason they are in the sit if they didn't call the sit 

Freezing works if they are being physical or attacking during a sit, but what if they are talking over others or spamming their mic/chat?

1 hour ago, WazL said:

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: YES this server is all about having fun if said player is not having a good time maybe they should re-join at another time 

Some players ONLY have fun by intentionally ruining other players time, whether its directly or indirectly. These kinds of players should, if caught, be met with NITRP or Lowend/Harassment warns if they are targeting a player or group of players.

1 hour ago, WazL said:

Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: A staff member giving weapons and money to players without a just reason and i feel like it should be reported on the forum or to the owner Jouaram

Your wording on this is kind of weird. I can go around giving any player my own personal money or weapons and there would be nothing abusive about it. If you mean doing that by using commands in any context outside of reimbursement or for events, then you'd be correct.

1 hour ago, WazL said:

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Id go push the button then demote the mayor for failing to follow the rules then give them 10 minute jail time.

You would not want to immediately jump to punishing the player for this. You would want to explain that lockdowns need a valid reasoning that should be broadcasted. If there is no valid reasoning you would ask him to turn it off while explaining the rules to them. If the mayor refuses to give a valid reason and/or end the lockdown, thats when you would resort to demotion and turning the lockdown off yourself. Demotion and punishment should never be the first thing you do.

Overall your staff app needs a good amount of work. It seems a bit rushed and like you definitely need to read through the rules/staff handbook some more.

You do have potential though and you seem like a cool dude, so i think it is definitely possible for you to do well as staff.

+/-

• Like 2
  • Woozy 1

I really agree with thicc in the fact there are a lot of the issues with your application as he pointed out, they are not alarmingly wrong answers but definitely still need some work, I strongly advise you to read through not only the rules but the publicly available staff handbook to get an idea on what the correct approach to some of the questions involved would be, especially some of the hypothetical situations. Though, what really counters this sub par application is the fact you are incredibly chill person to interact with and always very polite in sits as well as bringing an overall very positive attitude towards nearly every interaction I have witnessed you be involved in. I think as long as you study the above pointed out issues you will do fine.

+1

• Love 1

Agreed with everything above, although you did make some questionable answers to your staff app which can be easily fixed with some studying of the staff handbook and the rules in general.

Other then that you have been nothing but positive in every situation I have seen, your attitude towards players/staff is always great! you are pretty well known so far with just the 50ish hours you have on the server, you have talked to most of the staff team an are on good terms along with the players as well. I'm pretty positive you have no warns either with is a plus you have definitely shown you deserve a chance a being staff member for our team! 

Do read up on the staff handbook and rules while this post is still up be active on the forums and i think youll have no problem with staffing! Good luck!

Huge +1

Edited by Lofi
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, ThiccYe said:

Doesn't matter whether they have raidables or not, as long as your player job is allowed to steal and you don't have to use any raiding tools, you can steal anything in their base without an advert.

Although its very loosely reported or enforced, raid adverts should not have any extra text in it other than raid/pd raid/bank raid.

Correct but im not sure what you mean by raid "action". In this scenario you would have to at the very least advert raid before killing the owner of the base as long as they are in interference distance.

This is assuming that the rule-breaker has already had their first offense warned. 5 minute jail is only for second offense RDM and this punishment would very much depend on their previews warns.

Freezing works if they are being physical or attacking during a sit, but what if they are talking over others or spamming their mic/chat?

Some players ONLY have fun by intentionally ruining other players time, whether its directly or indirectly. These kinds of players should, if caught, be met with NITRP or Lowend/Harassment warns if they are targeting a player or group of players.

Your wording on this is kind of weird. I can go around giving any player my own personal money or weapons and there would be nothing abusive about it. If you mean doing that by using commands in any context outside of reimbursement or for events, then you'd be correct.

You would not want to immediately jump to punishing the player for this. You would want to explain that lockdowns need a valid reasoning that should be broadcasted. If there is no valid reasoning you would ask him to turn it off while explaining the rules to them. If the mayor refuses to give a valid reason and/or end the lockdown, thats when you would resort to demotion and turning the lockdown off yourself. Demotion and punishment should never be the first thing you do.

Overall your staff app needs a good amount of work. It seems a bit rushed and like you definitely need to read through the rules/staff handbook some more.

You do have potential though and you seem like a cool dude, so i think it is definitely possible for you to do well as staff.

+/-

Thank you for the guidnce thic your very helpful 

19 minutes ago, Trem0r said:

I really agree with thicc in the fact there are a lot of the issues with your application as he pointed out, they are not alarmingly wrong answers but definitely still need some work, I strongly advise you to read through not only the rules but the publicly available staff handbook to get an idea on what the correct approach to some of the questions involved would be, especially some of the hypothetical situations. Though, what really counters this sub par application is the fact you are incredibly chill person to interact with and always very polite in sits as well as bringing an overall very positive attitude towards nearly every interaction I have witnessed you be involved in. I think as long as you study the above pointed out issues you will do fine.

+1

Yeah thanks trem i just fixed some mistakes!!!

• No Warnings
  • I haven't had any interactions with you
  • Low Play-Time
  • Rushed/Lazy Application

The reason I listed Low Play-Time is because you applied with close to the bare minimum requirement, that paired with the fact that you didn't study the rules/handbook sufficiently I cannot give this a +1. I wish you the best of luck with your application.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Creed said:

• No Warnings
  • I haven't had any interactions with you
  • Low Play-Time
  • Rushed/Lazy Application

The reason I listed Low Play-Time is because you applied with close to the bare minimum requirement, that paired with the fact that you didn't study the rules/handbook sufficiently I cannot give this a +1. I wish you the best of luck with your application.

Only reason i applied so quickly is because i was asked too if u look at my play time its pretty high espically this week i did interact with you a little today but i do typically learn better by watching thanks for your critque tho ill look it over 😉

12 hours ago, Trem0r said:

+1

12 hours ago, Lofi said:

Agreed with everything above, although you did make some questionable answers to your staff app which can be easily fixed with some studying of the staff handbook and the rules in general.

Other then that you have been nothing but positive in every situation I have seen, your attitude towards players/staff is always great! you are pretty well known so far with just the 50ish hours you have on the server, you have talked to most of the staff team an are on good terms along with the players as well. I'm pretty positive you have no warns either with is a plus you have definitely shown you deserve a chance a being staff member for our team! 

Do read up on the staff handbook and rules while this post is still up be active on the forums and i think youll have no problem with staffing! Good luck!

Huge +1

Thiccye, Tremor and Lofi i extremely agree with all of what they said here above i myself have had nothing but positive interactions with you so far you're very chill and that's very good for when taking sits! everything i'd suggest was already suggested but i'll just say make sure to continue to be active and to study the rules/handbook it'll help you so much having a good understanding of the rules not only with staffing ofc but with avoiding sits/punishments against you as a player.

I think you truly deserve atleast a chance at staff despite the as low play time / issues with your staff app, good luck! 

+1

Edited by Emiy
  • Like 1

I have not seen you in-game much, could be due to our time zone differences however, I have not had any bad interactions with you. The application though does appear to be a bit rushed. I understand you were told to apply however time should have been set aside for the application.  

[Update] I have seen you in game and have played around you, you seem like a chill player and were watching some sits, I believe with more knowledge of the rules you would be a chill player to staff with.

Summary

With everything stated above I am going to +/- this application.

With everything stated above and below I am going to +1 this application.

Below is a breakdown of the reasoning:

Chill Player

Fun to Play With.

No Bad Interactions

Rushed Application

Good Luck

My Input on this application may change with reasoning if at any point deemed necessary by myself.

[ @WazLMy response has been updated reasons stayed in bold]

Edited by NotYourMomsPancakes
Changed. See reasoning above.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NotYourMomsPancakes said:

I have not seen you in-game much, could be due to our time zone differences however, I have not had any bad interactions with you. The application though does appear to be a bit rushed. I understand you were told to apply however time should have been set aside for the application. 

Summary

No Bad Interactions

Rushed Application

My Input on this application may change with reasoning if at any point deemed necessary by myself.

Hey Man i havent seen much of u either and i think your def a cool guy even i havent met u but my application  took me around an hour to type out 

3 hours ago, NotYourMomsPancakes said:

Summary

No Bad Interactions

Rushed Application

Thank you tho im gonna look over my app another time i just wanna know how its rushed so i can fix it

2 hours ago, Mr.blondee_2b said:

What lofi, tremor and thicc made are good points but I have seen you on a lot. 

You just need to look at the handbook and stuff. I think you would be good at staffing so it a +1

ily blondee thanks for the insight!!'

Good Activity
Play time has improved since start of application
0 warnings

You seem to have a good grasp of the rules and punishments that follow, better shown in-game than on this application though. I've watched you interact throughout the community ever since you became an applicant and I'm pretty impressed with how well you're able to get along with people and calm down situations without even involving a staff member.
+1

• Love 2

2 hours ago, dr. snortthisperc said:

Good Activity
Play time has improved since start of application
0 warnings

You seem to have a good grasp of the rules and punishments that follow, better shown in-game than on this application though. I've watched you interact throughout the community ever since you became an applicant and I'm pretty impressed with how well you're able to get along with people and calm down situations without even involving a staff member.
+1

Thanks Perk for the +1!!!!!!

image.gif.3d3f43dce368fbd9c82fa1510cd6a455.gif

On 1/14/2023 at 10:35 AM, NotYourMomsPancakes said:

[Update] I have seen you in game and have played around you, you seem like a chill player and were watching some sits, I believe with more knowledge of the rules you would be a chill player to staff with.

Summary

With everything stated above and below I am going to +1 this application.

Chill Player

Fun to Play With.

No Bad Interactions

Rushed Application

Good Luck

[ @WazLMy response has been updated reasons stayed in bold]

THANKS FOR UR UPDATE PANCAKE ALSO thankyou for noticing im learning alot when people let me watch there sits and i learn fairly easy by whatching bc my proffesion is cooking and thats my main way of learning so im somewhat of a chameleon i can watch and immediatly recreate LOTS OF LOVE BRO THANKS

image.gif.b17b52ee36de63fa8acc01604f66de8a.gif

Forgot to include my reason for +1 ing your app and it's not letting me edit my first response on my end for some reason.

Anways,

+1

• Taken the advices provided by staff members in regards to your staff app wholeheartedly which showcases that you're willing to learn the ropes of being a staff member.
  • Rule knowledge and how to handle staff related situation are on point. I've noticed how level headed you are in game which is as just an importance while being staff and outgoing with people within the community. 
  • Had no negative interactions with you prior to the creation of the staff app and your willingness to learn and shadowing admin sit has impressed me greatly. Wazl deserves a shot at being T-Mod.
Edited by Enzo
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Enzo said:

Forgot to include my reason for +1 ing your app and it's not letting me edit my first response on my end for some reason.

Anways,

+1

• Taken the advices provided by staff members in regards to your staff app wholeheartedly which showcases that you're willing to learn the ropes of being a staff member.
  • Rule knowledge and how to handle staff related situation are on point. I've noticed how level headed you are in game which is as just an importance while being staff and outgoing with people within the community. 
  • Had no negative interactions with you prior to the creation of the staff app and your willingness to learn and shadowing admin sit has impressed me greatly. Wazl deserves a shot at being T-Mod.

Im happy people are noticing that im trying to learn not just by the book but with my eyes i also understand fully that there is some grey areas that im not gonna see by shadowing thanks for the detail enzo 

image.gif.a8238492d81b416e8b9f3205d4ce85f8.gif

• Love 1

ACCEPTED

I have seen you make a positive impact on the server since your arrival and I do believe your personality and attitude towards the server is fit for Staffing; show us what you've got! Congratulations!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Trem0r @Tremor

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Builder 1