Madi Raven Returns!

+1

• Great Application
  • Great Staff Member
  • Friendly Person
  • No Strikes
  • No Warnings
  • Good Recent Activity/Play-Time

I have no doubt in my mind that Madi is ready to rejoin the staff team! I wish you the best of luck with your application!

+1,

• Former Aether staff who has resigned from Mod on good terms with the staff team.
  • Quite knowledge on the server rules, staff punishment guidelines, and an extensive playtime.
  • Had no negative interactions with you prior to the creation of the Re-Rank staff app.

Edited

Read my upcoming second response.

Edited by Enzo

oh my gawd did the stars aline? is that MADI APPLYING FOR STAFF AGAIN?!?! 

Madi was a great staff when she was around everyone loved her and still does she has been nothing but fun and enjoyable to be around <3 

HUGE +1 

Edited by Lofi
  • Love 1
  • Woozy 1

Madi,

You are an absolutely fantastic friend and have been nothing but supportive and welcoming to new staff. You really had no issues in your last running as staff besides very heavy gaps of inactivity from sit taking. The only thing I do have concern about is that you are re ranking for the right reasons.

The staff team is great to have fun with and have game nights and have as an overall friend group but at the same time that should not be the main reason you are pushing for staff. I do hope you have drive for actual sit taking as well, not that you didn’t before but that did seem towards the end of your last go around you were less interested in the not as fun parts of staffing like sit taking. In regards to your skill I have absolutely zero doubt you will have any issue conducting your duty’s as you did before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lofi said:

oh my gawd did the stars aline? is that MADI APPLYING FOR STAFF AGAIN?!?! 

Madi was a great staff when she was around everyone loved her and still does she has been nothing but fun and enjoyable to be around ❤️

HUGE +1 

CAP nobody liked me. Hubby bias

• Silly 1

17 hours ago, Trem0r said:

Madi,

You are an absolutely fantastic friend and have been nothing but supportive and welcoming to new staff. You really had no issues in your last running as staff besides very heavy gaps of inactivity from sit taking. The only thing I do have concern about is that you are re ranking for the right reasons.

The staff team is great to have fun with and have game nights and have as an overall friend group but at the same time that should not be the main reason you are pushing for staff. I do hope you have drive for actual sit taking as well, not that you didn’t before but that did seem towards the end of your last go around you were less interested in the not as fun parts of staffing like sit taking. In regards to your skill I have absolutely zero doubt you will have any issue conducting your duty’s as you did before.

We thought about it for a while. Emiy, my partner, and I. 

Getting stuff figured out schedule wise and the break REALLY helped alot. Ive been wanting to help more than I can as a player recently. It was alot of thinking and planning for everything but having this up gives me some motivation to get my stuff done aswell.

I know what you mean, the vet mod app I forced myself to push it and it killed my motivation. Again being off for a couple months helped alot, but I couldnt seem to let aether go... kept checking forums, looking at discord, wanting to log back in and ended up doing so here and there and just got used to the thought of staying for a while.

Thank you for the kind words and I understand the concern. I can always turn to you for advice if I need it.

FIXED REPLY BELOW. Misunderstood.

Edited by Madi Raven

+/-

While you are the friendliest friendly friend i've ever befriended, towards the end of you last run at moderator you seemed to really lack dedication to the staff team and to actually staffing in general.

While I would love to see you come back in full force, it is still in question if you are coming back to staff for the right reasons, and that makes it hard for me to fully +1 your rerank.

I understand the lack of motivation, it happens to all of us, I would just hate for you to come back to the team and fall back into the same loops and lose motivation again. It can ruin the game if staffing feels too much like a chore for you, so you gotta be 100% sure that you want to rerank for the utter betterment for the server, despite how many friends are on the team or not.

• Like 1

Changed to a +/- due to concerns,

After having some thoughts about your re-rank staff app a few hours after posting my response. I've come to the decision and express that I am quite concerned about you becoming staff again due to the following reasons:

13 hours ago, Madi Raven said:

Getting stuff figured out schedule wise and the break REALLY helped alot. Ive been wanting to help more than I can as a player recently. It was alot of thinking and planning for everything but having this up gives me some motivation to get my stuff done aswell.

I know what you mean, the vet mod app I forced myself to push it and it killed my motivation. Again being off for a couple months helped alot, but I couldnt seem to let aether go... kept checking forums, looking at discord, wanting to log back in and ended up doing so here and there and just got used to the thought of staying for a while.

• I understand that most people within your friend group are staff themselves, however based on your responses to others and extra comment that you've provided on the app made me question if you're seriously reapplying for staff for the right reasons.
  • Becoming staff itself is a privilege, but it's just as much of an importance to have good time management skills and having a drive for motivation to staffing in general as it's quite a chore itself. 
  • Surely, I get the fact that being apart of staff team gives you certain social aspects such as being allowed to participate in staff related events such as staff gaming night and making event for example are quite perk itself, however building a relationship within the staff team let alone the entire community as a whole is just as much of an importance which shows commitment.

Hence, the last thing I wanna see is that if you were to lose motivation again on the long run, it will greatly affect not just staffing, but your love towards playing Garry's Mod itself in general and feeling extreme guilt for failing as a staff member. I've witnessed this with several former staff on servers I've actively play on and servers that I used to staff on.

Edited by Enzo
Was extremely sleep deprived while writing this. Fixed grammer and sentence structure.

I think I worded my reply really badly last night. Sorry about that. I must have misunderstood it and replied to the wrong thing, thats on me. 

My main issue last time was being too head strong and made staffing the only thing I did and nothing else which burned me out. Been doing a much better job at not doing that now. 

There was a more personal reason that affected me more than anything but its been handled at this point. Thank you. 

RE-RANK ACCEPTED

I am happy that you chose to return to Staffing, I believe whilst you are around the server you are a positive and assist it greatly - you leaving was perfectly okay to do and is every Staff members right which is why the re-rank system is here, so welcome back and I hope to see you Staffing again asap!  

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

• Love 2