Ant's Staff Application

OG Ant

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): [OG Ant/Ant]
  • Steam ID: [STEAM_0:1:81554725]
  • Discord Tag: [Ant#2096]
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): [78 hours]
  • Timezone: [Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time]
  • Steam Profile: [https://steamcommunity.com/id/imnobodyyt/]
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): [3am-8am EST (10p-3am for me)]

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: Can assist players/protect players from rule breakers during a time of when most staff are offline.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: I have understood the rules over the time playing and observing.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Of course unless they are corrupted.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: I'm sure of the time, but not so sure on the sits considering the less players there are compared to the day.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 30 minutes
  • What initiates a raid?: Typing & entering /advert raid in chat
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Only if job has ability to steal
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No because a raid hasn't been announced beforehand.
    • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: Yes only if raid timer is up.
    • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No because it could confuse staff in logs without clips so it would be easier to just contact staff right after getting rdmed.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Depends on how the puncher acts during the sit. The least I'd give is a minute jail time and most again depending on behavior (eg. racism)
  • List all default Laws of The LandRaiding and stealing is illegal, Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal ,harming players is illegal unless your're defending a base, Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal, Laws can be enforce with KOS if the person is wanted , Laws can be enforced with KOS if that persons life is in danger, Non default laws must be things that players choose to do, Laws that are a seen as baiting kills or arrest are disallowed and last but not least the mayor can choose to make weapons legal or illegal 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Freeze & Gag depending on how they are not cooperating with me.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Only if it's breaking rules
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Using god mode in a raid. I would capture evidence of abuse and report to higher ups.
    • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Freeze and teleport them to a secluded spot where I would ask for a reason why actions were made and punishment would be based on that.
    • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would let them know that a reason needs to be stated, lockdown lasts 10 minutes max, and next offense would be demotion then turn off the lockdown. If actions occur again then I would demote the player.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my application. 

5 hours ago, OG Ant said:

If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: Yes only if raid timer is up.

You can return after NLR is up, you just can't raid again until the raid timer is up.

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Of course unless they are corrupted.

Your answer to this one was a bit odd to be, you should be listening to all staff around you especially when they are trying to help, if you ever get the sense a staff member could be doing something that would be considered them being corrupt you should report it to higher ups immediately

If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No because it could confuse staff in logs without clips so it would be easier to just contact staff right after getting rdmed.

This is not an issue about confusion and more of an issue that revenge RDM is still considered RDM

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Only if it's breaking rules

Someone intentionally go out of there way to ruin someone else's time is always against the rules and could be considered NITRP or harassment depending on the case

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Freeze and teleport them to a secluded spot where I would ask for a reason why actions were made and punishment would be based on that.

Any time anyone RDM's 3 or more people it would be an immediate 3 day ban if it is on the first time but you are on the right track

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Depends on how the puncher acts during the sit. The least I'd give is a minute jail time and most again depending on behavior (eg. racism)

The times and punishments for this are outlined in the publicly available staff handbook but if it is the players first warning they would just receive a written warning

Additional Comments: Your staff application is pretty well done but could definitely use some work in the above noted areas, My only main critique for you is I have not interacted with you in game or interacted with you when you have been on, make sure to RP around a bit and interact with the community to help yourself become known to the community, this can also be done by being active on the forums or on discord.

-/+

2 hours ago, Trem0r said:
7 hours ago, OG Ant said:

If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: Yes only if raid timer is up.

You can return after NLR is up, you just can't raid again until the raid timer is up.

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Of course unless they are corrupted.

Your answer to this one was a bit odd to be, you should be listening to all staff around you especially when they are trying to help, if you ever get the sense a staff member could be doing something that would be considered them being corrupt you should report it to higher ups immediately

If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No because it could confuse staff in logs without clips so it would be easier to just contact staff right after getting rdmed.

This is not an issue about confusion and more of an issue that revenge RDM is still considered RDM

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Only if it's breaking rules

Someone intentionally go out of there way to ruin someone else's time is always against the rules and could be considered NITRP or harassment depending on the case

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Freeze and teleport them to a secluded spot where I would ask for a reason why actions were made and punishment would be based on that.

Any time anyone RDM's 3 or more people it would be an immediate 3 day ban if it is on the first time but you are on the right track

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Depends on how the puncher acts during the sit. The least I'd give is a minute jail time and most again depending on behavior (eg. racism)

The times and punishments for this are outlined in the publicly available staff handbook but if it is the players first warning they would just receive a written warning

Additional Comments: Your staff application is pretty well done but could definitely use some work in the above noted areas, My only main critique for you is I have not interacted with you in game or interacted with you when you have been on, make sure to RP around a bit and interact with the community to help yourself become known to the community, this can also be done by being active on the forums or on discord.

Tremor summed this up pretty well and I would have to agree, haven't interacted with you to much to know you well enough go around and talk to other players of the community and make a name for yourself! at this time I'm going neutral 

-/+

6 hours ago, Trem0r said:

-/+

I can agree with what Tremor said. I can't say I've really talked or seen you in game that much, app is decently made but I haven't seen you enough in game/interacted with you to comfortably give a +1 so for now.

-/+

7 hours ago, Trem0r said:

-/+

Tremor pointed out pretty much everything i was going to point out which i agree with everything that was stated here by Tremor your staff application is as Tremor says "pretty well done" i have the same problem though as everyone else that has replied so far with that i've not really had any interactions with you i atleast do recall seeing you in game but not having interactions. I'm going to go neutral for now until i feel i can answer though If you follow the advice of Tremor which is rp'ing and interacting with the community making yourself known without breaking the rules and keeping activity up i'm sure i'll be able to give a +1

-/+

Staff Handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B8epud7h4ptV5xRB5LDK19VGJ1J5Ntr60uKqJxRyKGg/edit#heading=h.ab12tea4elen

+/-

Your app is good enough, and you have excellent activity. Those alone are good enough to try for moderator, but I somehow have yet to run into you in game or interact with you at all. I’ll keep an eye out for you in game for now and it’ll be an easy +1 if you seem like a cool guy. 

ACCEPTED

Based on our few interactions we had together I am willing to give you a shot at Staffing and see what you can do, good luck on your Trial Moderator phase and be sure to listen to fellow staff and your mentor!

Your assigned Mentor is: @dr. snortthisperc

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

T-Mod Review Guide

Mentoring Guide

• Like 1