Tickles' Staff Application

,_,

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Tickles
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:224737662
  • Discord Tag: Honchie
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): 48 Hours
  • Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198409741052/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Between 2 PM EST until around 8/9 PM EST, Sometimes early mornings if i am off of work and i actually want to get on first thing after waking up.

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can contribute a lot to our server: I really enjoy interacting with anyone i have a chance with, i like to participate in events that happen, and i also really enjoy helping out new players with any issues that arise for them!
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes, i have.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Of course.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: Yes. i will.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes max.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 30 minutes for a standard player base, 20 minutes if it is a PD raid.
  • What initiates a raid?: An advert in chat saying "Raid".
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: As long as the job states that they are allowed to steal, yes they can.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): I would say "Raid!" BEFORE i start to use raid tools. PD raid would be "PD Raid!"
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No, this would be RDM if raid has not been announced yet with an advert.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: Yes, you just cannot participate in another raid there until the raid timer has ran out. 
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No. this is still RDM. You should immediately report this player. This would result in Revenge RDM. Let staff handle it.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: It would be a warn for RDM. 
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • These are active 24/7 with or without a mayor.
  • Raiding and stealing is illegal.
  • Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal.
  • Harming players is illegal unless you are defending bases. 
  • Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • Laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted.
  • Laws can be enforced with KOS if a players life is in danger.
  • Non-default Laws must be things that players choose to do.
  • Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1 base can be owned per party.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Freeze them, ask them why they dont want to cooperate and make the sit go faster and easier for both of us. If they continue to be uncooperative, i would warn them for wasting staff's time and send them back.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes. I view this as NITRP and even harassment if they are blatantly targeting other players and ruining their fun. I would take the sit, ask the player why they are doing this, and then i would warn the player NITRP. If they kept doing it, i would issue them a 6 hour ban for NITRP.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Staff spawning themselves weapons to help with a PD raid, or a staff member cloaking and no-clipping around to find bases to raid, maybe even doing the previous thing but to steal their raidables when they are not aware.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Strip them of weapons, bring them and jail them. I would ask why they are mass rdm-ing and then i would warn them for MRDM and give them a ban. Ban length depends on players history of warns. 
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Go to mayor, ask them to turn it off. If the mayor refuses to turn it off, i would demote the mayor for job abuse and ask them to please not do it again.

Extra Comments:

Nothing really important to add, just a thanks for looking at my app and thanks for the Staffing team for being really solid on this server.

Your application is very well done and the effort you put into it is very good to see, the only thing I would mention is make sure you spend time in game interacting with others and the community as well as being active in the community on other platforms like the discord or response and interactions with other forums posts.

+1, make sure you continue to boost that activity

• Like 1

+/-

You application is really well made and shows you’ve put effort into learning the rules and how things should be done on the server. I have yet to really interact with you in game and/or see you interact with other players, mostly since you are relatively new to the server. Keep working on your activity and community interactions and I’ll keep an eye out for you to see if that will sway my vote. 

• Like 1

+1

Your application is good and your knowledge of rules is also very good, the only issue I have is that I haven't really interacted with you all that much in game as much and as Tremor said all you really have to do is keep boosting your activity and keep staying out of trouble, other than that I don't see any issue with you being staff.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Honchie said:

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes. I view this as NITRP and even harassment if they are blatantly targeting other players and ruining their fun. I would take the sit, ask the player why they are doing this, and then i would warn the player NITRP. If they kept doing it, i would issue them a 6 hour ban for NITRP.

Instead of a 6 hour ban if the NITRP actions were repeated after 1st offence warn it'd be a day ban

23 hours ago, Honchie said:

Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Staff spawning themselves weapons to help with a PD raid, or a staff member cloaking and no-clipping around to find bases to raid, maybe even doing the previous thing but to steal their raidables when they are not aware.

How would you handle this?

Overall, your staff application is very well made as everyone else has said so far already your staff application really shows you've put great effort/time into studying the rules, only problem really is i have had no interactions with you that i recall but i have seen you in game and when it comes to the things i had pointed out they're nothing that can't be fixed easily during tmod phase. Aslong as you continue to study the rules/staff handbook even, continue to keep activity up and build more community interactions i see no problem giving your staff application a positive. 

Rules:

Staff Handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B8epud7h4ptV5xRB5LDK19VGJ1J5Ntr60uKqJxRyKGg/edit#heading=h.xemi2vqfz6vk

+1

Edited by Emiy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ThiccYe said:

+/-

You application is really well made and shows you’ve put effort into learning the rules and how things should be done on the server. I have yet to really interact with you in game and/or see you interact with other players, mostly since you are relatively new to the server. Keep working on your activity and community interactions and I’ll keep an eye out for you to see if that will sway my vote. 

You do seem like a cool dude and I think it would be worth a shot at letting you try out tmod. Although I’d still like to see you come out of your base and interact with other players more. 

+1

• Like 1

This app seems to be very well made and seems like you took your time to fill it out, in regards to what others said, Personally I haven't been to active on the server but interacting with others around and RP'ing is the best way for the community to know you and for people to know how you hold yourself in game having a good attitude & good head on your shoulders goes a long ways!  

like they said try and get out and talk to some people and be known!

+1

Edited by Lofi
  • Like 1

ACCEPTED

Although we haven't interacted much it is clear you have gained good Community Feedback whilst having a good application, with this I believe you deserve a shot and hope you do well. Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @dr. snortthisperc

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Like 3