Upcock's Staff Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): UpCock
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34211042
  • Discord Tag: Olm Kek#7245
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): 2 Days 33 minutes
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/joel1255/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Mon-Friday 12am through 4am (During work week) Mon-Friday 1pm through 4am (When I have a weekday off. Sat-Sun 1pm through 4am (If I am not working weekend, if I am, its the same as during work schedule 12am through 4am.

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I feel like I can contribute a lot to the server! I am active and friendly with everyone no matter playtime or server playtime! I have had no issues with players in game and like to play and have fun! I have staffed for servers in the past including for Icefuse RP and as well as a StarWars RP server! I want to make sure everyone is having a fun time on the server and to help in any way that I can towards new and current players!
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes I have read the rules and can enforce them correctly!
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes I love to have someone teach me what I need to know and to ask questions as much as possible to learn everything to the best of my ability!
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: Yes I can!

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes max
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: They will have to wait a minimum of 30 minutes to be able to return.
  • What initiates a raid?: By using /advert (Raid, PD Raid)
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: They can ONLY if the job they are using allows them to do so.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert Raid!
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No because you have not initiated a raid on the players base, if you do this before announcing RAID in advert. that is considered RDM
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, this shares the same 30 min timer as if you were a party member killed during the raid.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, you need to contact a staff member about the RDM that happened, killing in retaliation would be considered RDM and you can also be in trouble for it.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: I would ask the person who was punching someone why they were doing it. And to let them know that doing that can be considered RDM.
  • List all default Laws of The Land
  • Raiding and stealing is illegal.
  • Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal.
  • Harming players is illegal unless you are defending bases. 
  • Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • Laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted.
  • Laws can be enforced with KOS if a players life is in danger.
  • Non-default Laws must be things that players choose to do.
  • Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal.
  • How many bases can you own per party?: A party can have only 1 base at a time and that they cannot have more. They can dismantle the current base and relocate if they want too!
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I would start by gagging/muting the player who is not being cooperative. After the sit, I will explain to them that they need to respect everyone in the server including and especially staff and will unmute them after letting them know that they need to follow the rules and to respect everyone.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes of course! They are causing other players to not enjoy their time on the server and that it could be seen as bullying/harassment to other players on the server! And I would let them know that doing this can be considered FAILRP, No Intent to RP, and can lead to punishment.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: They can abuse god mod, kill players with commands, using the phys gun to carry players around for no reason, etc. I would take screenshots and videos clips of the incident and use the chain of command and send a report/message to higher staff in discord to inform them of the staff member abusing powers and to provide evidence accordingly.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would first strip and freeze the offending player. Then take them to a sit location, as well as other parties involved and inform the offender they are RDMing and that they are breaking the rules and to give them a ban based on if the player has done this in the past or not and to make sure they are given the correct punishment.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would ask for the reason of the lockdown if none was given in ADVERT, and ask them to state the reason or to risk being removed from that job.
Edited by UpCock

You seem to have a good grasp on the rules. I haven't interacted a whole lot with you perosnally, but each interaction we have had has been great. You are super friendly and easy to get along with (from what I have seen). I haven't had the chance to check your warns as I'm on mobile but provided there's nothing too crazy in your warn list I am comfortable to +1 this application. The only thing I will say it get your playtime up! Thanks for applying and good luck!

+1

• Love 1

Very well done and thought out application, I very much like you attention to detail. You have been chill in game, polite in sits and nice when ever we have interacted in game. You do have a few previous warning, though they are quite old now just make sure to stray away from that behavior like you have been. Keep striving for positive interactions with the community but so far you have done a terrific job!

+1

• Love 1

On 3/10/2023 at 2:27 AM, UpCock said:

If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, this shares the same 30 min timer as if you were a party member killed during the raid.

You're correct but i still like to make this clear, if you're the base owner and you're arrested mid raid you may return after arrest to continue defending the base.

On 3/10/2023 at 2:27 AM, UpCock said:

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would first strip and freeze the offending player. Then take them to a sit location, as well as other parties involved and inform the offender they are RDMing and that they are breaking the rules and to give them a ban based on if the player has done this in the past or not and to make sure they are given the correct punishment.

Stripping him is good but wait till they're brought to a sit location to freeze them as you can't !bring a frozen player and it will always be a ban if it's MRDM even if no previous active warns for it which if no previous active warns for MRDM prior to the one you're about about to give it'll be a 3 day ban.

This staff application is very well done! your activity is great not only just in game but on the forums also, I wanted to wait till i got more interactions with you but unfortunately i had not but from the interactions i have had with you they've been great, you're very friendly, chill and level headed from what i've seen/heard so far atleast. I will say the only problem well concern more to say really is the warn you have though it is 6 months old as long as that behavior isn't continued and you continue studying the rules, studying the staff handbook even ( will help you get a head start on warn/punishment knowledge ), keeping positive community interactions up, staying out of trouble and keeping activity up i see no problem giving your staff application a positive. Good luck!

+1

Rules: 

Staff Handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B8epud7h4ptV5xRB5LDK19VGJ1J5Ntr60uKqJxRyKGg/edit#heading=h.ab12tea4elen

Edited by Emiy
  • Like 1

+1 Never had any issues with you and I see you’re active plenty on the server also great work on the app! On the other hand I haven’t had many interactions with you so I have yet to fully meet you but I have no doubt in my mind you’d fit in with staff. Wishing you the best of luck!

• Like 1

ACCEPTED

You have put forward an obvious effort to interact with the Community whilst being level-headed and mature, I believe this warrants you a try out for Staff so you can show us what you can do! Good luck and be sure to listen to fellow Staff and your mentor.

Your assigned Mentor is: @Trem0r

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)