Cobra's Staff Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): [C0BRA]

• Steam ID: [STEAM_0:0:92657614]

• Discord Tag: [Cobra#3094]

• Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): [1w 1d 17h 31m]

• Timezone: [Atlantic daylight time]

• Steam Profile: [https://steamcommunity.com/id/KxngCobra420/]

• Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): [3pm - 5am on weekdays. Weekends are usually 12pm - 6am]

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can help out and contribute by assisting players during possible incidents or with anything they might need help with in general. I would also like to help keep the server in a positive shape at all hours so players can have a positive experience!

• Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: I have a complete understanding of the rules and feel comfortable enforcing them on Aether.

• Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?:  I am willing to take all criticism and any help offered to me at any time. 

• Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: I am very active and have total confidence I can meet this quota.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: raids can last up to 10 minutes long.

• If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 30 minute raid cooldown for a regular base and 20 minute raid cooldown for Police Department.

• What initiates a raid?: You initiate a raid by adverting raid in chat with /advert raid.

• If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Anything that you can access without using a raiding tool of any sort is allowed to be stolen as long as you’re the correct job

• Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /Advert Raid 

• If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No this is not allowed, raid must be adverted before any damage can be dealt to anybody basing there.

• If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: no the 30 minute raid timer still applies (20 minutes for Police Department).

• If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No this would make you guilty of RDM as well as the instigator.

• A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: If the instigator has no previous warns I would hand out a verbal warning and ask them not to do it anymore. If the player has previous warns then I would hand them more than a verbal warning.

• List all default Laws of The Land:

• Raiding and stealing is illegal.

• Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal.

• Harming players is illegal unless you are defending bases. 

• Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.

• Laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted.

• Laws can be enforced with KOS if a players life is in danger.

• Non-default Laws must be things that players choose to do.

• Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.

• The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal. 

• How many bases can you own per party?: 1 base may be owned per party

• A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: depending on the situation I would typically gag/mute and a freeze if necessary so they get a clear understanding that this type of behaviour isn’t tolerated in a sit. And the rest would be handled from there.

• Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes repetitive behaviour like this is served with a punishment.

• Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: using staff powers for you and your friends own gain like no clipping into bases while vanished and off duty. Or another situation could be a staff member unfairly punishing players based on personal preference or their opinion on that player. I would handle both of these situations by Notifying a higher up as soon as I catch wind of a situation like this. Then I would get a screenshot or clip that helps prove the staff member is abusing power without confronting them. I would then send the evidence to the higher ups and let them handle the situation accordingly. 

• A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would instantly teleport them to Admin Land and freeze them, then I would get an explanation as to why they’re mass RDMing before properly handing out their punishment for the situation.

• A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would teleport them to Admin Land ask them if they can turn it off for me. If the player refuses to listen they would be punished accordingly with a warn or possibly more depending on previous warns.

+1

You are very active and put in really good efforts to interact within the community.
You have stayed out of trouble for a while now and definitely seem mature enough to take on staffing, as all my interactions with you have been nothing but pleasant.

• Love 1

I agree with everything Thicc has said. You have been quite active, with good interactions all around. You do seem mature and levelheaded, which are good traits to have if you wish to become staff.  As of this post I have nothing negative to say and wish you luck going forward! 

+1

• Love 1

+1,

• Has showcased that he is quite knowledgeable on the server rules and has an understandable on how to deal with troublesome individuals in staff related situations professionally. 
  • Extremely active on the server and has shown to be quite level headed which is quite an importance while being staff.
  • Had no negative interactions with your prior to the creation of the staff app and has the willingness to learn. 
  • Love 1

This staff application is very well made, I myself have had almost no interactions with you so far but that'll change though based on everyone else's say you're a chill, positive, mature and level headed player which that's very good for staffing. Your activity is amazing and not only is it tied to just in game you're active on everything in game, discord and the forums. You do have some active warns but they're not that concerning and you've stayed away from trouble for a good while which is good.

Overall, I believe you deserve a chance at being a trial moderator just make sure to continue stay out of trouble, continue to study the rules, even the staff book early ( your choice just helps with getting warn/punishment knowledge early ) and keeping positive community interactions up 

+1

Edited by Emiy
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Hey everyone! Just popping by to let you know my in-game name has changed from C0BRA (with a zero) to Cobra. Thank you all for your input and support it means the world to me!

Edgy 😉

• Woozy 1

ACCEPTED

You are a level headed member of the Community who has a good attitude towards other players and Staff alike. I believe you should be well suited for Staff so all that's left now is to show us what you've got! Good luck and congratulations.

Your assigned Mentor is: @dr. snortthisperc

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Love 1