Obama's Staff Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application by Obama

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Obama
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:104392533
  • Discord Tag: nikolas#7337
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): 2w 6d 13h 46m
  • Timezone: Eastern Time Zone
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/LetMeTellYouAboutTheToad/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 3PM-7PM

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I'm a very unbiased individual and i just point out the facts, I'm one of those people that can accomplish anything I put my mind to. As of now, I am very committed to the idea of staffing and I am willing to put my all into it! I'm online 24/7, and I'll be responding to all the tickets i can and will work to the best of my ability to solve any issues prompted to me.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes, I have read the rules and I will have no issue at all enforcing them.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes I am, I appreciate all guidance from my peers because I trust them just as much as they trust me.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: 100%

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: General raids last up to around 10 minutes or less usually.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: Base cooldowns are 30 minutes, but for PD it's 20 minutes.
  • What initiates a raid?: /advert raid in chat
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes, if the person has access to it without the means of a Lockpick and they are a job that's allowed to raid it's perfectly fine.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert Raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No, they wouldn't be allowed to initiate combat until they properly adverted raid in chat.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No you cannot, same rules apply.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No that would be considered "Revenge RDM" Which is punishable as much as RDM.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Depending on the persons history of offenses, like such as a first time offense I'd give the player a verbal warning, but if it consisted It would be a real warning. 
  • List all default Laws of The Land: The laws go simply as followed: 
  •  
  • 1. Raiding and stealing is illegal.
  • 2. Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal.
  • 3. Harming players is illegal unless you are defending bases. 
  • 4. Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • 5. Laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted.
  • 6. Laws can be enforced with KOS if a players life is in danger.
  • 7. Non-default Laws must be things that players choose to do.
  • 8. Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • 9. The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal. 
  •  
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If the person is causing chaos in the sit and not listening to anything told to them, it would either be a !mute or !gag
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes depending on situations like this, it would be more of NITRP (No intention to Roleplay).
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: If a person is noclipping off duty, that would be abuse, and I would simply try to get footage or evidence of it then pass it to a Higher Up.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would Teleport and Jail them, then after going over the logs and seeing the number of people they RDMed I would ban them for MRDM (Mass RDM)
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would ask the proper reason as why they did that, and if it wasn't valid I would simply ask them to /unlockdown then explain to them why their reasoning wasn't valid

Thank you people for reading this! and possibly considering me to be on your team! Much Love 💖

+1

Bro ive only had amazing experiences since meeting you in game! Fun to play on the server with and funny overall person! I believe you have a strong grasp on server rules and that you'd make an amazing staff member! Best of luck to you bro!

8 hours ago, Obama said:

If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No you cannot, same rules apply.

If you're the base owner you may return to the base after arrest to continue defending your base otherwise as the raider you're correct, once arrested as the raider during a raid you may not return to continue raiding and must wait raid cool down to raid that base again.

8 hours ago, Obama said:

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Depending on the persons history of offenses, like such as a first time offense I'd give the player a verbal warning, but if it consisted It would be a real warning. 

We don't do verbal warnings when it comes to rdm which it is still rdm even if player rdm'd never died, any random damage done to player is rdm ( sure you know already ) so it'd be a rdm warn but if the other player doesn't want them warned then it'd be a resolve in sit warn ( RIS ) like this RDM | RIS 

8 hours ago, Obama said:

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would Teleport and Jail them, then after going over the logs and seeing the number of people they RDMed I would ban them for MRDM (Mass RDM)

This is good but Jailing them is unnecessary as it brings them to a abyss far away from adminland or land so instead just freeze them when they're brought to adminland 

Overall, this is a good staff application that shows you have good rule knowledge with good activity not only just in game but on the forums, positive community interactions only that i had witnessed besides 1 instance where you were a bit toxic to a player in a sit, have had only good interactions with you myself other than that 1 instance which besides that instance you come off level headed, chill and respectful which that's good for staffing another issue is that you do have some active rdm warns but it's been weeks since your last warn and you've stayed out of trouble since then as long you don't repeat that 1 instance and stay out of trouble, continue studying the rules, study the staff hand book even ( will help you get a head start on obtaining warn/punishment knowledge ), keeping activity and keeping positive community involvement up i see no problem giving your staff application a positive.

+1

ACCEPTED

You have made a good impact on the Community in a positive way, you're a very likeable and entertaining guy who so far to me seems pretty laid back which is good for Staff. I will be curious to see how you do - good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @ThiccYe

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)