Papa Waffle's Staff Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Papa Waffle
  • Steam IDSTEAM_0:1:149277959
  • Discord Tag: Steamy#3327
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): 2w 1d 11h 7m
  • Timezone:EST
  • Steam Profile: [https://steamcommunity.com/id/CEOPapaWaffle/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Mon-Fri (4pm-2am) Sat, Sun (Off on weekends, so whenever throughout the day/night)

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: With prior experience staffing another DarkRP server I feel I would be able to positively assist people with their problems and concerns about whatever the case may be in the proper way, and hopefully leave them with a smile on their face.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes. 
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 Minutes
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: They would have to wait until they entire raid was finished with the over advert, then wait the additional 30-minute timer between raids on player bases.
  • What initiates a raid?: The player advertising raid.
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes, but only in the case the players job allows it.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert Raid!
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No, you must advert raid prior to killing.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, that will end your raid and you would wait on the cooldown.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, that would also be considered RDM/Revenge RDM.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: Well that would depend on previous warnings, but in this case it would likely be a written warning along with explaining why that is not allowed.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  1. Raiding and stealing is illegal.
  2. Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal.
  3. Harming players is illegal unless you are defending bases. 
  4. Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  5. Laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted.
  6. Laws can be enforced with KOS if a player's life is in danger.
  7. Non-default Laws must be things that players choose to do.
  8. Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  9. The mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1 Base for the entire party.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Depending on what exactly they are doing I would mute/gag/freeze and explain why. Then continue the sit and hand out proper punishment for whatever the situation.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes, if other players on the server are having issues with said player then it's appropriate to take action. Like before it depends on prior warning, but in this case a written warning and explaining what exactly they were doing wrong.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Flying into people's bases and looting items, killing players with commands, using commands for personal gain. In any of these cases or others I would report them to a higher up or the forums and take it from there.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?:Depending on the situation you would freeze/strip weapons/teleport them to you depending on how you want to do it. Explain to them what they did was wrong, and depending on prior warnings give them their punishment for MRDM.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Talk with the mayor first and ask him to give his reasoning to the lockdown. If refusing to do so I would demote, and possibly warn for ignoring staff (if that's a thing).

Thank you for your time and consideration. 

12 hours ago, Papa Waffle said:

If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, that will end your raid and you would wait on the cooldown.

This is correct, however i like to make it clear if you're the base owner / basing there being raided, you may return after arrest to continue defending your base.

12 hours ago, Papa Waffle said:

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?:Depending on the situation you would freeze/strip weapons/teleport them to you depending on how you want to do it. Explain to them what they did was wrong, and depending on prior warnings give them their punishment for MRDM.

Make sure to bring them first before freezing them as you can't bring a frozen player otherwise correct.

13 hours ago, Papa Waffle said:

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Talk with the mayor first and ask him to give his reasoning to the lockdown. If refusing to do so I would demote, and possibly warn for ignoring staff (if that's a thing).

in this case it'd be a Job Abuse warn.

Overall, your staff application is a good, it really shows you have good rule knowledge, you also have good activity / time now i've hardly had any interactions with you at the moment of typing this but from the interactions i have had, you come off level headed and respectful which is very good for staffing. You do however have 1 active warn but it's not concerning and is very close to being un-active anyways ( near 60 day mark / 2 months old ). I'm going to go with a positive i see no problem in doing so as long as you continue to stay out of trouble, continue to study the rules, study the staff handbook even ( will help you get a head start on warns/punishment knowledge ), positive community interactions / positive community involvement and keeping activity up.

+1

Rules: 

Staff Handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B8epud7h4ptV5xRB5LDK19VGJ1J5Ntr60uKqJxRyKGg/edit#heading=h.b7icicb6u5r4

• Like 1
  • Dizzy 1

Emiy summed up most of the things that needed added info, you're rule knowledge is on point I've had many interactions with you and all have been positive and fun! you are very freindly and respectful to all so i have no reason to go neutral or negative this app!

+1

• Like 1

+/-

Edited

Changing my vote to a +1,

• Has showcased that they have a clear knowledge on the rules and how to handle staff related situations. 
  • Has an extensive amount of time on the server.
  • Had no negative interactions with you and has shown the willingness to learn.
Edited by Enzo
  • Like 1

Papa Waffle, I only have good things to say about you. You are great to interact with in game, very chill, and mature. Your play time is good, and rule knowledge is decent. I believe you deserve shot as Trial Moderator! Be sure to brush up on the rules and staff handbook as Emiy mentioned earlier. Good luck!

+1

• Like 1

You're a solid dude, I've only had positive interactions with you, you're very active in game I see you on every time I'm online. I believe you're mature enough for staff and I don't see a problem with giving you a shot.

So, to summarize my answer It's gonna be a:

+1 From Me.

Best of Luck My Friend!

• Woozy 1

+1 I have had no bad experience with this player, Is a joy to be around and doesn't cause any issues and will make sure he calls staff when needed. His answer are good and he has decent playtime I think you would make a great addition to staff team.

Papa Waffle,

You show an extraordinary skill in professionalism when dealing with players. Which I love. All of my interactions with you have always been positive with very little to no negatives. With that being said I have decided to +1 this application.

I wish you luck!

My decision may change with reason. If I deem necessary.

ACCEPTED

We haven't interacted too much but from what I have seen you've been level headed and chill, you're also active and appear to be looking out for the Community with the feedback received - with this I believe you deserve a shot, good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Lofi

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Cool 4