ARIESTOS APP FOR STAFF

• In-Game Name Pariah Ariestios, Ariestios
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:630011510
  • Discord Tag: ARESTIOS
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): 648 HOURS about 4 weeks
  • Timezone: [western pacific time zone] California 
  • Steam Profile: [STEAM PROFILE LINK]
    • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 6pm to 2 am week days, free on most weekends

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I've been a member of Aether for a bit now, I've seen staff come and go, and I've even learned along side with some of them. I have been wanting to become staff for a couple of months now, to help with the server sits, but also mainly, because I want to help in events, I've been making my own events with my own money and items as rewards now, but the prop limit is a issue for my vast creativity.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: I've read the rules, i understand why they are the way they are, and also feel comfortable enforcing them as asked from higher ups.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: they have been here for longer than i have, even if i have my doubts, i will do as said, asked or demanded. 
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: in my sleep ( yes, if seen people do 50 sits in one day, it shouldn't be impossible )

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: Max of ten minutes, no camping so as soon as someone raids the raidables, the exit has to be found and raider has the leave.
    • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: never ever ever, EVER, the only way they would be able to return to raid is if they wait the 30 minutes and advert raid, to start a new raid.
  • What initiates a raid?: /advert (bank, pd, or nothing) raid, and thats it, nothing else 
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: only if the raider enters legally and is playing with a job that allows it, meaning they use no glitches, they cant have someone else use a raiding tool for the,, or by any other means besides opening the OPEN/UNLOCKED door to get to the raidables
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert RAID /advert PD RAID /advert BANK RAID /advert EMIY IS GOING TO BE KIDNAPPED (last one is a joke, please have a sense of comedy)
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: you can only engage AFTER the /advert raid has been sent to chat
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?:  you can not return to join back the raid, being arrest for raiding is valid for it being illegal in the laws of the land, causing it to over your raid, but after the nlr timer is finished, you can come back to spectate your party without interacting. and if you are defending the raid, you are allowed to return if arrested 
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?:  no, it's never okay to ram, even if there is no admins, batman is not a cop, has a vigilante, rules still apply to him, revenge rdm
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?:  that is still random death match punishment, but id say it would be of a lower caliber for the punishment since he didn't kill him like a written warning if he doesn't have a history of doing it
  • List all default Laws of The Land: raiding and stealing are not legal, if something pings the contraband scanner, its illegal, unless you are defending yourself, its illegal to damage people, shooting weapons in public that can damage are illegal, 5 and 6 are laws can be enforced with kos if player is wanted or a players life is in danger, laws that bait kos or aos aren't allowed, and the mayor has the say so if dangerous weapons are legal or illegal
  • How many bases can you own per party?: only one
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: if its the person who placed the sit, and i figure out he was just wasting my time, id warn him for wasting staffs time, if its the other person, id /mute/gage/freeze if needed, then continue with the sit
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: depending on prior warnings and the scale of the harassment, if a mass was gather because of him or if he took something too far with malice intent in mind, a written warn would be handed out, or i would talk to my higher ups about it if its really bad
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: using admins commands to gain an advantage, using the staff card to manipulate people, id report it to a higher up or even also make a post in the forums under the staff complaint. 
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: i would bring them to admin land first then freeze them, it would make sense because I'm guessing you can bring them to admin land if they are frozen.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: demote them and warn them for job abuse

I do have a history of warns, mainly due to being stupid in the past, but I've worked myself to learn the rules and get to know everyone, from players, staff and mass rdmers. I hope with my recent participation and cooperation with the community, I can prove I can help the server I play on and join the team of staff than bring peace and fun to the Aether experience. 

- Julian

• Like 1
  • Cool 1
  • Surprised 1

• If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?:  you can not return to join back the raid, being arrest for raiding is valid for it being illegal in the laws of the land, causing it to over your raid, but after the nlr timer is finished, you can come back to spectate your party without interacting. and if you are defending the raid, you are allowed to return if arrested 

i want to add to the last part, the people defending can return after being released to continue to defend the base from the same raid

• Like 1

• A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: i would bring them to admin land first then freeze them, it would make sense because I'm guessing you can bring them to admin land if they are frozen.

im guessing you can't* bring them to admin land 

grammar correction 

• Like 1

Your application is pretty well done. The only concern I can see right now (without checking your warns as I'm on mobile) is current activity level. If you can get your activity up, and keep it more consistent I would give this a +1

For now i am going neutral +/-

I may change this to +1 if I see more consistent activity while your application is up.

Screenshot_20230414_064702_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c4e408a7b233a86667711fd607de6028.jpg

• Like 1

-1 until I see much more consistent activity and behavior showing you can stay out of trouble. You had concerning warns before and went inactive before you could show us you matured, so I would just like to wait some more time before you get accepted for staff. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Arestios said:

/advert EMIY IS GOING TO BE KIDNAPPED

It'd actually be "/advert ARIESTIOS IS GOING TO BE KIDNAPPED"

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?:  that is still random death match punishment, but id say it would be of a lower caliber for the punishment since he didn't kill him like a written warning if he doesn't have a history of doing it

It's always a written warning if it's 1st offence even if it was just damage done without killing player unless the other player doesn't want them warned thus making it a RIS warn ( example: RDM | RIS ) 

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: depending on prior warnings and the scale of the harassment, if a mass was gather because of him or if he took something too far with malice intent in mind, a written warn would be handed out, or i would talk to my higher ups about it if its really bad

Truly depends the situation on if a Low-end Harassment warn is to be given out or a Harassment warn is to be given out should always report to Higher ups if/when giving out a Harassment warn they will assess if a ban is required or not depending on the severity/what happened/ how far it was taken. NITRP could also apply here not just for the Low-end Harassment/Harassment but also for a player intentionally ruining others time anyway they can that breaks the rules.

Overall, your staff application is pretty good, shows decent knowledge of the rules with a few things i had pointed out and no active warns though there is some things throwing me away from giving a positive at this very moment more to make it give a neutral, i'd like you to up your activity, show us you've left behind any toxicity you may have had in the server in the past, continue to stay out of trouble, continue studying the rules ( staff handbook even as it'll help you get a early understanding on warns/punishment knowledge ) and keep positive community interactions up! I can see you becoming a staff member and making some fun events for players to enjoy but for now at the moment, i'm going with a neutral until farther notice. 

-/+

Edited by Emiy
  • Like 1

About my activity, not that it matters, but I was having to work extra hours because some old co workers were fired. I joined back Aether after being gone for a month, planning to stay on, providing for the community. around 4 months ago I put up a application for staff, was told to wait 2 months because of my old warns, and i did, i stayed out of trouble, no warns and kept with the player base, I couldn't though make another application because I was busy with life, my schedule is better now so i got back on aether and waited 8 days before I did the application yesterday 

• Like 1

I see you in game from time to time not a single bad interaction with you and you have a solid application. Only thing I see here is the activity level. Keep your activity high and make sure to interact with people when given the chance! Like @ThiccYesaid I would like to see more activity and good behaviour as he pointed out there were some concerning previous warns before you temporarily left the server. I think you can make a great addition to the staff team it just takes the right mindset! 

UPDATE! 

I am changing my vote from neutral to a +1. I am seeing lots of activity from you since your post and you’ve kept your head out of trouble. I’ve even had a couple interactions with you since My post which were positive. Best of luck to you and keep up the great activity!

Edited by Señor Cobra
Changed vote to a +1
  • Like 2

It's not as much that your warns are overly concerning to the point you will not get staff but it is that coupled with low to no activity recently. I have seen you on frequently in the past and have no doubt you will have an issue staying out of trouble and getting your activity back up and consistent but both of those do need to happen before I am fully comfortable +1ing this but I think I would have no issue doing so in another 2 weeks in your next application go around.

Keep showing us you are ready, your on the right track

-1 just for this go around

• Like 1

I do agree with Tremor and ThiccYe on this one, your on a good track but I would really like to see some more activity your warns are a little iffy but non are active which is good and I appreciate you waiting before applying again shows your motivated to change at this time I am going to go -1 lets see that activity boost and ill have no problem with +1ing your next app IF your activity is good!

Edited by Lofi
  • Like 1

Arestios, 

I have had nothing but great interactions with you, I do agree with everyone else regarding your activity which is why I held back on responding until now.

Your activity recently is picking up and I haven't seen a negative change in the way you act toward players since your return.

As long as the activity stays on the up, and you are confident you can ensure the Current Staff Activity Requirement (5 or more Hours in game per week, 30 or more sits every 2 weeks) then I have no other concerns making this a +1 from me.

FINEPRINT: My decision may change with reason if deemed necessary by myself.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 10:33 PM, Emiy said:

It'd actually be "/advert ARIESTIOS IS GOING TO BE KIDNAPPED"

It's always a written warning if it's 1st offence even if it was just damage done without killing player unless the other player doesn't want them warned thus making it a RIS warn ( example: RDM | RIS ) 

Truly depends the situation on if a Low-end Harassment warn is to be given out or a Harassment warn is to be given out should always report to Higher ups if/when giving out a Harassment warn they will assess if a ban is required or not depending on the severity/what happened/ how far it was taken. NITRP could also apply here not just for the Low-end Harassment/Harassment but also for a player intentionally ruining others time anyway they can that breaks the rules.

Overall, your staff application is pretty good, shows decent knowledge of the rules with a few things i had pointed out and no active warns though there is some things throwing me away from giving a positive at this very moment more to make it give a neutral, i'd like you to up your activity, show us you've left behind any toxicity you may have had in the server in the past, continue to stay out of trouble, continue studying the rules ( staff handbook even as it'll help you get a early understanding on warns/punishment knowledge ) and keep positive community interactions up! I can see you becoming a staff member and making some fun events for players to enjoy but for now at the moment, i'm going with a neutral until farther notice. 

-/+

Changing my answer to a +1 you've continued to work on activity not only just in game but have been active on the aether discord some and-

On 4/16/2023 at 1:48 PM, NotYourMomsPancakes said:

and I haven't seen a negative change in the way you act toward players since your return.

based on Pancakes say ( i haven't been on in pretty much 2 days ) you've stayed away from any negativity towards players, i believe it's worth this time around to give you a chance at trial moderator.

+1

Edited by Emiy
  • Like 2

On 4/15/2023 at 12:13 PM, Trem0r said:

It's not as much that your warns are overly concerning to the point you will not get staff but it is that coupled with low to no activity recently. I have seen you on frequently in the past and have no doubt you will have an issue staying out of trouble and getting your activity back up and consistent but both of those do need to happen before I am fully comfortable +1ing this but I think I would have no issue doing so in another 2 weeks in your next application go around.

Keep showing us you are ready, your on the right track

-1 just for this go around

I really think you have made good on pretty much everything you said you would change.

You mentioned that you were going to get your activity back up to where it was previously was which I have seen as well as trackable on gamestracker that you have been incredibly active in the server.

I also have not seen you been remotely toxic or anything that would indicate that behavior, I also have seen you go out of your way to help other players and for that I am willing to change my vote

+1

• Like 4
  • Giddy 1

On 4/15/2023 at 1:52 PM, Lofi said:

I do agree with Tremor and ThiccYe on this one, your on a good track but I would really like to see some more activity your warns are a little iffy but non are active which is good and I appreciate you waiting before applying again shows your motivated to change at this time I am going to go -1 lets see that activity boost and ill have no problem with +1ing your next app IF your activity is good!

EDITED

agree with what everyone else said above, you said you would work on the things that need work and you came through i appreciate you sticking to your word. 

I have been watching and looking over your shoulder without you knowing an I am impressed try to keep that activity up and i think you'll have no problem : )

+1

Wanted to sit on this application for awhile before giving any input, simply due to the fact there's been a few applications before that got denied for a couple of different reasons. I think you've upheld yourself in such a way that a potential staff member should. I've seen no toxic behavior, and I've hardly got any critiques at the moment. I think you deserve a shot at t-mod, so if the opportunity is given make sure to give it your best shot.
+1

• Cool 1

57 minutes ago, dr. snortthisperc said:

Wanted to sit on this application for awhile before giving any input, simply due to the fact there's been a few applications before that got denied for a couple of different reasons. I think you've upheld yourself in such a way that a potential staff member should. I've seen no toxic behavior, and I've hardly got any critiques at the moment. I think you deserve a shot at t-mod, so if the opportunity is given make sure to give it your best shot.
+1

2 hours ago, Lofi said:

EDITED

agree with what everyone else said above, you said you would work on the things that need work and you came through i appreciate you sticking to your word. 

I have been watching and looking over your shoulder without you knowing an I am impressed try to keep that activity up and i think you'll have no problem : )

+1

On 4/21/2023 at 2:11 AM, Trem0r said:

I really think you have made good on pretty much everything you said you would change.

You mentioned that you were going to get your activity back up to where it was previously was which I have seen as well as trackable on gamestracker that you have been incredibly active in the server.

I also have not seen you been remotely toxic or anything that would indicate that behavior, I also have seen you go out of your way to help other players and for that I am willing to change my vote

+1

Ya ya ya… +1 🙂

• Like 2

On 4/14/2023 at 6:57 AM, Señor Donald said:

Your application is pretty well done. The only concern I can see right now (without checking your warns as I'm on mobile) is current activity level. If you can get your activity up, and keep it more consistent I would give this a +1

For now i am going neutral +/-

I may change this to +1 if I see more consistent activity while your application is up.

Screenshot_20230414_064702_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c4e408a7b233a86667711fd607de6028.jpg

Changing my vote to +1 as per your recent activity increase

5c8a404c54a1fab0c2b27459f1413498.png

ACCEPTED

You have created a good impact on players and staff in the server whilst keeping great activity and interacting with the community plenty. I believe you deserve a shot, good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @dr. snortthisperc

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)