Donnie's Retirement (Hopefully Temporary)

Good day to all,

This is not an easy thing to do, and I hope you all can understand.

I have found myself becoming increasingly busy these past few weeks, and don’t see it letting up anytime soon. I think it is only fair that I resign from Staffing for the time being. I have had A LOT of fun these past six(ish)  months getting to know everyone - players and staff alike. It has not only been an honour, but it has been my privilege to be able to be a part of this community and help out where I can. When I joined back late last year, I knew Aether was the server of choice for me. So many friendly people and the staff are super helpful and know how to have fun at the same time. I knew from the start of my time on Aether, that I wanted to become Staff so I could help others with any questions, or concerns they may have. I have always enjoyed helping people so it came rather naturally to me that I should be Staff. All that said, I have very much enjoyed my time as Staff, and hope that one day down the road I may rejoin and begin helping again. In the meantime, I will still be around periodically, and hope to still remain friends with everyone I have crossed paths with. I would like to give honourable mentions to a few members of the Staff team. If you are not mentioned do not feel bad, I just don’t know what to say sometimes. So in lieu of an honourable mention I shall express my gratitude, and simply say: Thank you, and I will miss you.

@bakedpotato I look at you like an older brother. There aren’t many days that go by that we don’t talk, or mess around together. I will miss RDMing each other in admin land, and messing around between sits. Good luck on your staffing career, keep pushing for higher! I know you can achieve greatness.

@Jouaram Thank you for giving me a chance. I may not have ever expressed this, but I am super grateful you gave me a shot at becoming Staff on AetherNetwork. I also very much appreciate all you have done for not only myself, but this whole wonderful community that you have established. I can only say good things, and hope the community prospers, and remains wholesome.

@Lofi I have never met anyone as nice, and polite as you. Like I said once before, if we could all be a bit more like you, the world would be a much better place. Continue sharing positivity and niceness.

@dr. snortthisperc You have helped me a lot over my time as Staff, perhaps it was because you were my mentor, or perhaps you are just a great teacher. Likely both are the answer. Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you for your guidance.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to be Staff on Aether, and I will certainly miss helping others in the community when I can! Feel free to message me on Discord still, I would be happy to have a chat with you guys.

Donnie

• Love 1
  • Sad 4
  • Surprised 1

@Señor Donald,

You were known for your patience's and understanding when dealing with difficult situations within Aether. You believed in creating a safe and positive environment for all players to enjoy. Your passion for Staffing was evident in everything you did, from helping new players navigate the server to organizing fun events for everyone to participate in. Your dedication to making sure everyone had a good time will always be remembered by those who had the pleasure of playing on Aether with You.

I wish you the best on your future goals, and Hope to see you return soon.

With Love & Grievance,

Pancakes

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, Señor Donald said:

@Lofi I have never met anyone as nice, and polite as you. Like I said once before, if we could all be a bit more like you, the world would be a much better place. Continue sharing positivity and niceness.

dude i love you, you have been nothing but a blast to hangout with an i hope those memories dont stop here! you have been a great member to staff along with and wouldnt ask for a better friend ❤️ keeping being you donnie you bright up the room/calls like no other PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH! 

and don't forget that your always welcome back with open arms but you probably know that 🙂

• Love 1

On 5/8/2023 at 11:24 PM, Madi Raven said:

you have been nothing but a blast to be around and one of the funniest jackbox players 

Can i agree with madi on this one, you were a great jackbox player. But also i will miss you, later duck man.

-Zenie

• Love 1

On 5/8/2023 at 6:27 PM, Señor Donald said:

Good day to all,

This is not an easy thing to do, and I hope you all can understand.

I have found myself becoming increasingly busy these past few weeks, and don’t see it letting up anytime soon. I think it is only fair that I resign from Staffing for the time being. I have had A LOT of fun these past six(ish)  months getting to know everyone - players and staff alike. It has not only been an honour, but it has been my privilege to be able to be a part of this community and help out where I can. When I joined back late last year, I knew Aether was the server of choice for me. So many friendly people and the staff are super helpful and know how to have fun at the same time. I knew from the start of my time on Aether, that I wanted to become Staff so I could help others with any questions, or concerns they may have. I have always enjoyed helping people so it came rather naturally to me that I should be Staff. All that said, I have very much enjoyed my time as Staff, and hope that one day down the road I may rejoin and begin helping again. In the meantime, I will still be around periodically, and hope to still remain friends with everyone I have crossed paths with. I would like to give honourable mentions to a few members of the Staff team. If you are not mentioned do not feel bad, I just don’t know what to say sometimes. So in lieu of an honourable mention I shall express my gratitude, and simply say: Thank you, and I will miss you.

@bakedpotato I look at you like an older brother. There aren’t many days that go by that we don’t talk, or mess around together. I will miss RDMing each other in admin land, and messing around between sits. Good luck on your staffing career, keep pushing for higher! I know you can achieve greatness.

@Jouaram Thank you for giving me a chance. I may not have ever expressed this, but I am super grateful you gave me a shot at becoming Staff on AetherNetwork. I also very much appreciate all you have done for not only myself, but this whole wonderful community that you have established. I can only say good things, and hope the community prospers, and remains wholesome.

@dr. snortthisperc You have helped me a lot over my time as Staff, perhaps it was because you were my mentor, or perhaps you are just a great teacher. Likely both are the answer. Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you for your guidance.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to be Staff on Aether, and I will certainly miss helping others in the community when I can! Feel free to message me on Discord still, I would be happy to have a chat with you guys.

Donnie

It's saddening to hear you're resigning, i feel bad for just now responding, i wish you good luck with what you're busy with and in general, i hope to see you come back sometime, You're extremely welcome to come back anytime you're able to by surely everyone on the staff team and the community in general, you're very amazing to hang out with whatever it was for or we were doing. Your effort, help and dedication you've committed to Aether was & still is extremely appreciated, you, yourself are extremely appreciated, thank you and stay safe Donnie!

It hurts seeing the top duck having to go, all I can say is thank you for giving aether a bit more character while you were here, thank you for reviewing me before having to leave, you did help me a lot in that review, it was my first staff review. I hope you find everything in your following future to sort out itself to your liking, we’d love to see you one day again on the server, you’re nothing but a good soul Donnie.

• Like 1

Not even gonna lie I was in class when I read this and I honestly started tearin up lmao I LOVED basing with you, you were always so helpful and so nice to others, I would raid you and then be basing with you the next second, nobody ever does that and you are the only person nice enough to have done that with me, thank you for managing with how annoying i was and i hope to see you back soon man

you were the best mod ever, love you duck man!