Timezone:

GMT

Steam Profile (a link)

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198857977547/

Times you're most active (The rough times you are able to be most active):

5pm – 3am GMT [ 12pm – 10pm EST]

DarkRP General Questions

How can you contribute to Aether?:

Although I have a lower playtime, I can contribute my Major activity to the server, as I am active on the servers quiet and peak times meaning the server would have a good coverage during non-peak times. With me being more active in less peak times and peak times it means players sits can be dealt with faster and with previous experience sits can be dealt with faster as well. During these COVID-19 times, I am out of the house a lot less than I used to be meaning I can be active for larger amounts of time. When I have opinions, concerns or suggestions I bring them to light instead of hiding them away. I have noticed when the server gets fuller the staff tend to get a lot of sits and it becomes overwhelming, an extra pair of experienced hands can help majorly. I have spent the time getting to know the community before this application, joining discord calls and generally chatting in game, this will continue as a staff member and I will try to boost activity on discord chats and calls. I have experience as a staff member, and the exact menu plugin’s the server has meaning I can be thrown right into the server having a knowledge of commands and what to do. I have spoken more about my staff experience at the bottom of this application.

Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible? (Yes/No)

Yes.

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? (Yes/No) 

Yes.

Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? (Yes/No)

Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

Raids can last how long?:

A raid on Aether lasts 10 minutes from the initiation.

What initiates a raid?:

An advert initiates a raid [/advert raid]

If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?:

You can kill the owner of the base, if they are in interfering distance from the base (meaning you can kill them if you feel they can kill you as soon as you initiate the raid on their base.)

List 3 default Laws of The Land: 

Threats are illegal, raiding is illegal, and shooting in public is illegal

How many bases can you own per party?:

Only one base is permitted per party.

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?:

This would depend on the type on non-cooperating. I will give three examples of what I would do for 3 different situations. Number 1. If a player Is screaming / talking over me in the sit I would give them 3 chances to stop, before I gag or mute them for interfering in the sit / not being cooperative. Number 2. If a player refuses to answer questions in the sit, I would continue the sit with the other player and go off of logs on the situation. Number 3. If the player is AFK in the sit, I would normally kick them from the sit, or just remove them from the sit and continue with the sit based on logs.

You see another staff member abusing their power (Give an example of a staff abusing and how you would handle it/who you would contact)

If I found another staff member abusing their permissions on the server, I would record as much evidence as I can, take as many screenshots as I can and report it to the appropriate higher up staff member ASAP. If none are available at the time of the abuse, I would submit a forum post report regarding the staff member.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR (What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?):

To answer the first part of this question. RDM is Random Death Match. This is where a player (the instigator) kills another member of the server (the victim) without a valid roleplay reason. RDA or Random Arrest is when a player (the instigator) arrests another user (the victim) without a valid roleplay reason or not breaking a law. NLR or New Life Rule is where a player goes back to their death point without waiting 3 minutes. NLR is also a rule that prohibits you from remembering things from your past life, such as killing the same person that killed you for “Revenge.”

If I got a report of a player excessively RDMing on the server, I would first bring the player that reported the RDM to the sit, so they can say their part without interruption. While they are speaking, I would check the logs for the kills. When the player that has reported the situation is happy that they have said everything from their POV (Point of View) I would then bring the player that was reported requesting that the player that has reported the situation remain quiet until they reported player has their say on the situation. After and only after they have finished speaking, I would open the sit for them to comment at each other to see if anything was missed. Then I would determine if the situation were an excessive (MRDM.) If I determine the situation was a MRDM I would punish the player accordingly with reference from the staff punishment guide. If I determine the situation to not me MRDM I would say to both players how I came to the choice and return both players back to RP.

If I got a report of a player excessively RDAing on the server, as before I would bring the player that reported the MRDA (mass RDA) and let them say their side of the story. While they are speaking again, I would be checking logs of all arrests from the reported player to see what I can find. When they are done speaking and happy, they have said everything from their side I would then bring the reported player, again asking the reporter to remain quiet so I can hear their side of the story, again when both sides are done, I would ask them if they both had any replies for each other to see if anything was missed. Then like the RDM case I would determine accordingly and act on it.

If I got a report of a player excessively breaking NLR on the server, for this I would bring both players at the same time, as this case sometimes cannot be proven by logs. Like before I would make sure both parties have equal time to speak and portray their side of the story, if there are logs on NLR I would be looking at them while listening to both players. When both players have said what they need to say I would ask if anyone had any final comments, if not I would determine accordingly if it was a breach or NLR or not. Like the previous 2 scenarios I would punish if appropriate if not I would explain and return.

If all these situations were witnessed by me instead of reported by a player, I would activate my shadow recording, saving the last 10 minutes of my gameplay in the case proof is requested. If I were NOT involved in the situation I would go on duty and deal with it accordingly. If I were involved in the situation, I would request a staff member to come to me as if I were a user, and request it be dealt with that way, as to not take my own sit. In the small chance I am the only staff member on the server I would of course need to take my own sit but of course look at the situation like I was not involved. Using logs and a recording to back myself up.

Extra Comments:

I have been a previous staff member on 2 servers.

LucidRP. This server has since shut down; on this server I worked my way from Trail Moderator to Head-Moderator under the user “Myth.” I had left this server before it shut down as the server was taken over by a new owner and a newer Management team, to which I did not agree with. This server would handle roughly 30- 40 players peak time.

Ethereal. This is a position I have just recently left. On this server my position was a little different. I worked through my one-week trail mod phase, was promoted to moderator, then a few days later I was promoted straight to Senior Admin. This fast promotion killed my love  and dedication for this server and ruined the fun of progressing as a staff member. The main reason I left was the Favouritism in higher up staff team. The community of ethereal was not the best and tend to grow toxic with people who apply for staff, so with this I also lost my friends on the server.
[ Proof of previous staff on Ethereal. Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4 ]

I attend online college calls on the following days: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9am to 4pm GMT [4am – 11am EST] After that I leave 1 hour to complete any homework or tasks assigned by the teacher. During this timeframe I will be unable to come on and assist the server. This server would handle 100 players at peak time.

I have never received a warn, kick, or ban on the server. My record is almost squeaky clean I have one verbal warning for a joke RDM that was taken too serious and will remain like that while I am staff.

I Have 900+ hours on Gmod, all of these being on DarkRP Servers.

I have read and complied with all requirements of the staff application for Aether.

Edited by BigSexyJanet
Added proof of previous staff.

Simply put it's a massive +1 from me.

To explain a little bit you have a very very level head.

You're super easy to get along with and everyone likes you.

You have shown a good amount of knowledge of the rules in the few days that you've been around.

You're super active which is good.

You also have a very good amount of common knowledge which is hard to find nowadays.

Even with all this you're lucky that your Scottish and not just straight up British because then it'd have to be a -1 from me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoldFishie said:

Simply put it's a massive +1 from me.

To explain a little bit you have a very very level head.

You're super easy to get along with and everyone likes you.

You have shown a good amount of knowledge of the rules in the few days that you've been around.

You're super active which is good.

You also have a very good amount of common knowledge which is hard to find nowadays.

Even with all this you're lucky that your Scottish and not just straight up British because then it'd have to be a -1 from me.

Is this the point where I tell you I've been secretly British this whole time....

All jokes aside thanks for the support.

Edited by BigSexyJanet

3 minutes ago, Bryan said:

+1

Positive

--------------------------------------------

- Great App.

- Easy going.

- Friendly.

- Helpful. 

- Past staff experience.

Negative

- N/A

+1 

Here's why;

I agree as well with Bryan because from playing with him in game he is a great person to speak to and knows the rules of the server.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bryan said:

+1

Positive

- Great App.

- Easy going.

- Friendly.

- Helpful. 

- Past staff experience.

Negative

- N/A

2 minutes ago, Oogla said:

+1 

Here's why;

I agree as well with Bryan because from playing with him in game he is a great person to speak to and knows the rules of the server.

Thank you both for the support. 😄

• Like 1

I've never played in-game with you since I don't play on the server, but I was pleasantly surprised to open this thread and see how much effort you crammed into this application. Also, your display name is literally hilarious with your picture.

I'm comfortable with +1ing for your effort and the small interactions I've seen from you in Discord.

Also Scottish people are superior in every way 

Edited by Proper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Proper said:

I've never played in-game with you since I don't play on the server, but I was pleasantly surprised to open this thread and see how much effort you crammed into this application. Also, your display name is literally hilarious with your picture.

I'm comfortable with +1ing for your effort and the small interactions I've seen from you in Discord.

Also Scottish people are superior in every way 

Thank you!

Active ingame
Friendly in the front
Seems to call sits over very petty reasons like atari used to and i dont want another atari
I was going to +1 you but with what happened ingame seems to me you getting staff would be a ticking time bomb
Good luck

Edited by Sosu
Formatinggggggggggggg

11 minutes ago, Sosu said:

Active ingame
Friendly in the front
Seems to call sits over very petty reasons like atari used to and i dont want another atari
I was going to +1 you but with what happened ingame seems to me you getting staff would be a ticking time bomb
Good luck

I hardly call sits, only when I loose items in game. I reported 2 staff members for 2 very valid reasons

7 minutes ago, Victus Sinistus said:

+1 
Active In game
Mature
Knows rules and knows how to enforce them
Friendly and helpful
Detailed app

Good luck! 

Ty for the love x

1 hour ago, BigSexyJanet said:

I hardly call sits, only when I loose items in game. I reported 2 staff members for 2 very valid reasons

I think if you want to get staff you should be able to take a bit of criticism without having to retort.

On 2/20/2021 at 1:09 PM, Sosu said:

Active ingame
Friendly in the front
Good luck

i can agree with this but i feel like you deserve to be atleast tmod to see how you do