Staff Application 8/21/2020

• In-Game Name:Retarded Cat
  • Steam ID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:0:59814056
  • Timezone: PDT/PST

Questions

How can you contribute to Aether Network?: I have experience with staffing for a sandbox server for about a year now, I can deal with the usual minges that spam the nword and constantly kill everyone while being told to stop. It just makes it easier for me to punish rdmers because of the fact that I can get them JUST for killing without a reason.

• What is RDM?: RDM Or Random Death Match is when a player randomly walks up to a person and murders them without rp intent nor reason.

• What is NLR?: NLR Or New Life Rule is where a player cannot retain information they learned before they died, if they died in a raid on an enemy base they cannot come back because its NLR.

What is RDA?: RDA Or Random Arrest is when a player abuses his position as a police officer to arrest a person for seemingly doing nothing, or they arrested said player for killing them in a past life thus violating both NLR and RDA.

• Staff commands should only be used when?: Staff commands should only be used when helping out with a player or punishing a player. 

Example Scenarios

• A new player is asking for help relating to game-play, how do you make sure they get the help they need?: Use the goto command and help them out with their query.

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Ban them. If they refuse to co-operate, we can't tell if they did it or not. So ban them for about 1-3 days.

Extra Comments:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coldswe said:

+/- .   I basically never see you online & banning somebody for refusing to cooperate is harsh. 

I've been having to deal with work and other issues in my life right now, I recognize that banning someone is harsh. If I could edit the app I would.

+/leaning more towards +

- Haven't seen you in game at all yet

- Banning someone for 1-3 days is extremely harsh for refusing to cooperate. 

- If you were to become trial mod and get into a situation where the person isn't cooperating you would not be able to ban them for 1-3 days. Trial mods can't ban so if anything you would have to contact a higher up.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WRbK0749uxVUYMzUbYeOdOcKNGcrgl9M2HNSgnQVRlc/edit
- Now since you are on the older side I am leaning towards +

+1
- Active, I see you on quite often.

- When you're on, you seem to be pretty nice, respectful, and engaging in RP.

- As Lux said, you seem to have the proper intent to play the game, I've seen little to no rule-breaking from you.

Overall I really like you! I think you've got a good shot at being staff. If you ever apply again, the application could use a little work, but judging you for you, I would love for you to be staff. Good luck!

Accepted

Welcome to the team. Although your application is a bit lacking this isn't anything that can't be learned in the mentoring phase. As everyone else said, you seem have a nice personality and are very mature. One of the most important qualities of being a staff member. Please make sure that you read the staff handbook and message me when you are ready to go through you initiation. 

Staff Handbook Link