Saber Show Off Commands/Alias

TangoDown

For those of you who don't know alias is a way to make a short cut to run more then one console command at a time (Note this dose not bypass any time restrictions in chat or any other command that might have a time delay.

So what this will do is bind one key to toggle threw all your weapons (You Saber Collectors Know you want this)

If you want this to save after you close Gmod you will have to add it to a file, I will detail this after the commands.

alias w1 "use weapon_lightsaber_crosssaber_dark;bind i w2"
alias w2 "use weapon_lightsaber_white;bind i w3"
alias w3 "use weapon_lightsaber_spooky;bind i w1"
  • the green Letters/Numbers can be anything you want thats the "Alias" name.
  • everything after alias name must be in quotations
  • use ent_name is the weapon you wish to use (if you don't know how to find the ent name follow the guide here)
  • after use ent_name you will need a ; and then bind the the key to the next alias so the first alias w1 when pressed will automaticlly bind that same key to the next alias w2
  • you can do as many alias alias as you want counting up the # (easiest way to keep track) but all "commands" need to be in quotations with a ; separating the commands.

Once you've done it a few times its a fairlly easy process to do.

Sadly gmod does not save aliases for some reason so if you wish to keep this as a permante

you will need to go to your garry's mod folder
Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg
open autoexec.cfg
you can add your alias here or you can put

exec custom_alias.cfg

then make a new file with the same file name custom_alias.cfg

or you can just put the aliases in the autoconfig.cfg

If you want a more detailed guide on aliases and how it can be used to toggle things like duck, zoom, walk, run etc Let me know and I'll write one up.

Enjoy