I'm quitting.

Look. I've really been wanting to get back into Aether and come back to its community, but I no longer want to.

After rejoining Aether yesterday with a new mindset, ready to start grinding again and getting back into the server, I came upon realization that the servers were split and progress was basically reset in every way, shape, and form. Why?

I simply do not see a valid reason to do this except for making some extra bank. People spent hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours into this specific server to build up reputation and power, for it all to be literally deleted, I fall victim to that as well. I can't imagine the people who were completely rich and basically beat the server.

I respect the team behind Aether, but this just doesn't seem right. This action was done knowing people would have to restart completely and work their way up again. 

Just realize people spent hundereds of dollars, and you reset the server not even 6 months after its release.

I love you Jouaram, I have so much to thank you for, but again. This just isn't the right thing to do. Sorry man.

I'll just give away all my shit on CustomRP if anyone cares.

• Builder 1

26 minutes ago, | Color™ | said:

that the servers were split and progress was basically reset in every way, shape, and form. Why?

Nothing was split, its a completely different type of server and you can still play CustomRP - I can't force players to be on. If they prefer DarkRP then they prefer DarkRP.

27 minutes ago, | Color™ | said:

reset the server not even 6 months after its release.

27 minutes ago, | Color™ | said:

I'll just give away all my shit on CustomRP if anyone cares.

How can you say I reset everything whilst also offering your items to others... along with this anyone with Premium on CustomRP got Premium on DarkRP.

Why is this an issue?

Anyways, goodbye.

2 minutes ago, Jouaram said:

Nothing was split, its a completely different type of server and you can still play CustomRP - I can't force players to be on. If they prefer DarkRP then they prefer DarkRP.

How can you say I reset everything whilst also offering your items to others... along with this anyone with Premium on CustomRP got Premium on DarkRP.

Why is this an issue?

Anyways, goodbye.

CustomRP literally has an average of zero players and you knew this would be the case.

I'm offering my items because again, the server has average zero players.

I do not have premium on DarkRP.

I'm calling it a "split" server due to the fact that they're both a DarkRP server. You earn money to buy more items to become more powerful and stacked, that's literally what DarkRP is. You may not have literally reset the server but making two servers when one just started?

The point is tons of work and money was spent on that server by a huge majority of the community. I'm not talking for every single person that plays Aether, I might just be talking for myself here, but personally, I just don't like the decision.

Edited by | Color™ |

1 minute ago, | Color™ | said:

CustomRP literally has an average of zero players and you knew this would be the case.

I'm offering my items because again, the server has average zero players.

I do not have premium on DarkRP.

DarkRP being released isn't why CustomRP is dead. It had 1-3 players at most everyday, after countless hours of trying to get it to work I decided to try something else (DarkRP) which clearly is working. 

I also would love CustomRP to have players, but I tried and it isn't working. It will be revamped in the future. 

You do now have Premium on DarkRP.

• 2 weeks later...