Is me! GoldFishie!

AetherNetwork.gg Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations): GoldFishie
  • Steam ID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:71533678
  • Discord Tag: GoldFishie#1272
  • Total Playtime (Type !time in-game): 4d 8h 40m
  • Timezone: EST bb
  • Steam Profile (a link)https://steamcommunity.com/id/GoldFishie/
  • Times you're most active (The rough times you are able to be most active): 3:00 - 7:00 (On the days I don't have work it would be more tho.)

DarkRP General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I generally love to help people. Weather they're new or old players everyone could use help sometimes. No matter if it's how to use a tool or to help with a RDM case I wanna help them with it. When players disconnect I want them to think 'Wow those are some friendly people' and come back to play some more!
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible? (Yes/No): Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? (Yes/No)Yes (I'm always asking questions just to make sure even as a player)
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? (Yes/No): Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: Ten minutes from the start of a raid. Although most raids shouldn't have to last that long because you're supposed to get into the base get what you can and get out with no dilly dallying.
  • What initiates a raid?: When a player does /Advert Raid any raiding action before that isn't allowed. (Lock Picking, Killing, Etc.)
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: If they're fairly close to the base and you advert raid while standing outside of it yes. It has to be clear with the advert that you're about to raid the base in which belongs to that person.
  • List 3 default Laws of The Land: Raiding is Illegal, Money Printers Drugs and explosives also illegal And murder is illegal (Duh it's a RP based server)
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1 Base per party UNLESS you are police then they are excluded from this rule. ( I do believe)
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: It really depends on what the sit is for. If it's something basic like MRDM then I'd just explain to them why they're getting a ban and how long it is. If they're two players and I need both sides of the story then I'd ask them several times to state their side of the event. If they don't want to then I'd have to make my best decision based off the one side and logs. I would also spectate the player to make sure they're not just being a public nu-sense to all other players.  They could also get with hit a No intent to roleplay if they continue to have sits about them while refusing to partake in the sits. If it appears they in fact don't care about the rules and just wanna ruin other peoples days.
  • You see another staff member abusing their power (Give an example of a staff abusing and how you would handle it/who you would contact): Example are if they punish a player for no real reason or if they use their staff powers in anyway to gain an advantage over players. (Flying into their house to steal their stuff) I feel if the two staff members are the same rank as each other you should NEVER use your staff powers against another staff member. Just collect as much evidence possible and give it to Jouaram / Hans for them to follow up on it and make their decision on the matter.
  • A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR (What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?): RDM is when you randomly cause damage to another player either on accident or purpose with there being no RP / good reason to.  RDA is Randomly arresting people again with no RP / Legal reason to. NLR- (New Life Rule) Is when you return to the place that you just died to or when you interact with the person that just took your life. You're supposed to forget everything about your past life and start a new! To see if a player is doing any of these things you'd have to check logs. Was it a whole bunch of people shot / arrested in a very short amount of time then you probably have MRDM or MRDA which is fairly easy to see in logs. If it's minor cases of NLR/ RDA / RDM that keep happening I would make sure to keep a close eye on the player by spectating them for a little bit. Also inform the player that what each of these are and avoid breaking the rules.

Extra Comments: I know I don't have the best track record but I'm hoping to be given a shot. Like I said I really do love helping out people. I wanna see this community be the best it can.

Edited by GoldFishie
Changed colors for readablity.

Accepted

You're mature, level headed and hopefully will stay that way on the staff team. You had a hiccup when you first joined as you were used to the old ways, but I think you've definitely improved and have earned a shot to show us what you're about on the staff team.

Be sure to read the Handbook fully, update yourself on the rules. 

You will be notified in the Rookie Barracks channel on Discord with further instructions. Welcome to the team!

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

• Love 1