Victus Staff First Attempt

AetherNetwork.gg Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations):Victus Sinistus

• Steam ID (https://steamid.io/): 76561197993153889

• Discord Tag: victus_sinistus#6380

• Total Playtime (Type !time in-game): At the time of making this 4D 10H

• Timezone: Central

• Steam Profile (a link)https://steamcommunity.com/id/ultam

• Times you're most active (The rough times you are able to be most active): The most I'm on 5pm-4am somewhere in between that. prime time for me is midnight onwards.

DarkRP General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I have previous experience being Admin and owning servers myself. As well as almost 1000 hours on gmod, and 13 years on steam in general with no previous bans whatsoever.

• Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible? (Yes/No):  I fully read/understand/ and comply with every rule and comfortable enforcing them even when helping mods at the moment.

• Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? (Yes/No):  IRL I am a trainer at my job, so I understand when and how to listen to someone giving any type of criticism.

• Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? (Yes/No): Yes I can be on multiple hours at a time, as long as I'm home.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?:Raids can last 10 mins from start, and needs to be out by the end of 10 mins.

• What initiates a raid?:all party members must advert that they are initiating the raid. and only party members. If PDRaid that also needs to be specified.

• If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?:If the owner is within reasonable distance from their base (IE: in front of the base), they're well within killing parameters.

• List 3 default Laws of The Land: 
    Murder is Illegal
    Threats are Illegal
    Shooting in public is Illegal

• How many bases can you own per party?:Only 1 base is allowed per party, and all party members need to have ownership of doors.

• A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?:The non cooperative player question is tricky.. It really depends on how they are being uncooperative. Most of the time I would think jailing would be the right option or muting so that they would listen if they were mic spamming..  If entirely not listening, or obviously disregarding everything I am saying, a small timeframe kick/ban would be the most optimal

• You see another staff member abusing their power (Give an example of a staff abusing and how you would handle it/who you would contact): If a staff member is abusing their power... If for example I hop on the server and I see a staff setting godmode on themselves to avoid RP situations like raiding a base and not being able to die I would first find a admin that is higher rank then said staff and report to the higher up. If I can't find one on the server at the time, I would try DM'ing on steam or discord to try to get any higher admin on to deal with that. If that isn't an option for whatever reason I would hop on forums and make a ticket there as that would be the last resort.

• A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR (What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?)

RDM is Random Deathmatch
    RDA is Random Arrest
    NLR is New Life Rule

All of these can be handled very similarly...  RDM most of the time you will determine this if someone makes a ticket to you or if you see it in kill logs that someone is MRDM (Mass Random Deathmatch) this is most common as well as breaking NLR. In most cases a player will get weapons or go CP and then let loose whatever bullets they have hiding inside their gun and most of the time hitting every player in the process. Usually the victim and the shooter then get put in a sit, and if no previous warning the rdm'er will get warned. (jailed for previous warning, kick/ban for multiple)

Breaking NLR usually comes hand in hand with RDM, or usually people return to their bases while being raided...Someone has to die, then go back to where they last died with intent to do what they were doing previous to dying. an example would be a hitman kills a person, but that person comes back and kills that hitman. Another example someone was being raided, died in their base, and returned to their base before the raid was over with intent to go back in or kill the people who are raiding. Usually again person get put in a sit and punishment is given depending on previous warnings.

RDA is usually when CP will just start randomly arresting any person on the street. RDA is not as common as the other two infractions, but is handled the same way as the other two. Most of the time victim makes a ticket for being arrested, accuser gets sat and the punishment is dished depending on previous warnings as well.

Extra Comments: I feel I can also be a neat addition to the staff team, as well as bring positivity and new people in all the time :')

aa6e53cfd5472d3ca656ee1c9c430237.jpg

• Builder 1

1 hour ago, Stop said:

+1

+Great guy

+Knows the rules

+Good App

he would definitely be a good addition to the staff team

Good Luck

i agree with this man right here, and you are a great guy and i feel like you will do great on the staff team

Good Luck

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Accepted

You're mature, active and polite from what I have seen. I hope you persist on Aether and become a great staff member.

Be sure to read the Handbook fully, update yourself on the rules. 

You will be notified in the Rookie Barracks channel on Discord with further instructions. Welcome to the team!

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link