thog's staff app (5/06/2021)

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations): thog / valerstein
  • Age18
  • Steam ID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:29381578 
  • Discord Tagvalerstein#8788
  • Total Playtime (Type !time in-game): 1d 11h 59m, way too many hours on Ret (at least 2k+)
  • Timezone: PST (GMT-8)
  • Steam Profile (a link)https://steamcommunity.com/id/valerstein/
  • Times you're most active (The rough times you are able to be most active): Right now, 1-10pm, but I'll be getting a job soon so it may reduce significantly.

DarkRP General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?I've had previous staffing experience on Garry's Mod servers, ranging from hosting TTT servers (for a separate alive community) to being apart of the higher-up team on the previous DarkRP server (Ret.) I can bring experience and knowledge to the table as well as completing sits and dealing with late-at-night situations that typically happens when the staff team is asleep.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible? (Yes/No)Yes.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? (Yes/No):  Yes.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? (Yes/No)Yes.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?10 minutes. Raids are usually completed and over with when the raider are finished with raidable entities and there's no one left to fight.
  • What initiates a raid?: When you begin to breach any (fading/world) doors with a lockpick, EMP Grenade, keypad cracker, battering ram, etc. You must advert raid.
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?If they are within close proximity that they're able to interfere easily, then you may kill them.
  • List 3 default Laws of The Land: Murder/assault is illegal. Do not raid. Money printers, drugs and explosives are illegal. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?Only one. You have to move to the designated base if you're invited to a base.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?If they are refusing to let me speak or they are just generally be obnoxious, I will freeze them in front of me, mute/gag them and explain to them their wrong-doings, and request that they acknowledge what they did. Depending on the severity of the rule that was broken, as well as previous warnings and the lack of intention to roleplay, they may receive either a VW > Jail > Kick or Ban
  • You see another staff member abusing their power (Give an example of a staff abusing and how you would handle it/who you would contact)Staff abusing is quite literally the act of a staff member abusing their power to gain an advantage (noclip to peoples base, godmode/extended HP during raids), to annoy people and disrupt the flow of the server by banning people, jailing people, or bringing everyone constantly to any part of the map to just be annoying. The way I'll handle it is begin recording and post it under the staff only section (or public staff complaints secton) and/or bring the proof recorded straight to senior/superadmins.
  • A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR (What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?): RDM is Random Deathmatch. If for whatever reason a player kills another player with no real in-game reason, this is random deathmatch. You are exempt from NLR rules if you're RDMed. NLR is New Life Rule. If you are killed for an in-game reason (damaged a player, raided, hits, etc.,) and return to your place of death under 3 minutes, you are breaking NLR and can be punished. RDA is when you are randomly arrested despite not having broken any laws. You can determine if someone has broken any of these is when you are in a sit and someone has clearly broken these rules en masse (mass RDM, mass RDA) through the logs and their story does not add up or make sense when questioned in a sit. NLR can be determined to be broken upon checking how many times they have died in a location or how close the person killed was to the killer's previous death.

Extra Comments: I do have a mic. I prefer to type more, but mic activity will increase considering staffing includes extensive mic use.

Edited by thog

It's a very good app. You're a good person.

I've seen you fairly active on the server but you seem to keep to yourself (From what I've seen)

You should hop into discord every once and a while even if you don't talk just to have people see you around.

+1 from me you won't do any harm.

• Love 1

I remember you  from the older server when you were a great staff member. You have a good understanding of the rules, and the app looks great.

*Insert hans & mandus accepted post*

+1

On 5/7/2021 at 9:37 AM, Danny_Mcflurry said:

+/- 

Low ingame time 

Havnt seen you in game from what i remember 

———————-

Amazing app 

Good luck 😉 

Thank you! I fear that you just have a different timezone because I rarely see you on. 

On 5/7/2021 at 12:38 PM, Dreadnaught said:

+/- for same reasons, I've seen you in game a couple times, but just work on getting more playtime and getting to know more of the community
I think you have a decent chance, good luck Thog

Thank you, I'm getting to know more people as I get on at different times on day. 

On 5/8/2021 at 4:21 AM, GoldFishie said:

It's a very good app. You're a good person.

I've seen you fairly active on the server but you seem to keep to yourself (From what I've seen)

You should hop into discord every once and a while even if you don't talk just to have people see you around.

+1 from me you won't do any harm.

I've taken this into consideration. I typically used to base in secluded areas, but I like to socialize more regardless so I get around. I took this into consideration and talked to some people this morning.

On 5/8/2021 at 8:37 AM, antronzii said:

I disagree with not seeing you in game I’ve talked to you quite a few times, and to me it seems you know your stuff +staff experience. Your staff app is good as well, it’s a +1 for me 

On 5/8/2021 at 11:23 AM, yousetoffmytrap said:

agree +1

Thank you!!!

21 hours ago, Zeus said:

I remember you  from the older server when you were a great staff member. You have a good understanding of the rules, and the app looks great.

*Insert hans & mandus accepted post*

+1

Thank you mi amor. One day Hans will return, but Jouaram's acceptance posts are just as lovely.

• Cool 1

Accepted

Your activity has been low recently but I saw you say you're back in Discord, so I hope this is good timing and works for you to be active as tmod. 

Good luck and let's see how you fair on Aether as staff.

Be sure to read the Handbook fully, update yourself on the rules. 

You will be notified in the Rookie Barracks channel on Discord with further instructions. Welcome to the team!

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link