Staff Application - pointerz

DarkRP Questions

If you are applying for DarkRP, delete the CustomRP questions.

• How can you contribute to Aether Network?: I have been an moderator before in another Dark RP server before which has shut down a while ago. I have over 1.1k hours on Garry's Mod so I know how to play the game and get a long with others. I have no beef with anyone on the server and I've been pretty friendly so far. 
  • What is RDM?: Random Death Match, when someone just goes up to you and shoot you without a proper reason at all, that is RDM. 
  • Raids can last how long?: Raids can last to at least 10 minutes. 
  • What initiates a raid?: When you advert a raid in the chat logs.
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: If they are raiding someone's base and the owner is very close or trying to shoot them from a far, you may kill them.
  • List 3 default Laws of The Land: 1. No murder unless it was in self defense, 2. Money printers, explosives, and drugs are illegal, and 3. Breaking into someone's base is illegal. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: Party members can only be in and have one base. 
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: It depends on what the person is doing, if they are mic spamming I'd just gag them for at least 5 minutes but if they start spamming in the chat or just trying to shoot me I would just kick them or ban them from the game depending on what they did to get themselves in the sit in the first place. 
Edited by pointerz
1 question is unanswered
  • Like 1

-/+
-1: Staff app seems fairly rushed, some fairly incorrect answers.  #4 could have more detail, #5 should be more specific, and #8 just isn't a good answer. No forum activity before this post. You've only been around for a few days, so I don't think you've got that much experience with the rules.

+1: You have a bit over 1000 hours on GMod, so I think you've got a good idea of the game and its functions, and you've got 10 workshop submissions, which vary in quality, but show that you really do have interest in the game. I've only seen you around for a few days, but if I'm not mistaking you for someone else, you seem friendly and someone who follows the rules. Granted, Kaiser seemed cool when he was new, and I wasn't the toxic bastard I am today for the first few months I was on Ret, so, people do change, but I hope you stay friendly

To conclude, I don't think you should be staff just yet. You do not have the time invested in this server or knowledge of its rules just yet, which is reflected in your application, but you do seem to have the attitude I wish more staff did. I discourage you to re-apply in a week, maybe in two or three, when you're better known around the community and have a sizable understanding of the server.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charles Sobhraj said:

-/+
-1: Staff app seems fairly rushed, some fairly incorrect answers.  #4 could have more detail, #5 should be more specific, and #8 just isn't a good answer. No forum activity before this post. You've only been around for a few days, so I don't think you've got that much experience with the rules.

+1: You have a bit over 1000 hours on GMod, so I think you've got a good idea of the game and its functions, and you've got 10 workshop submissions, which vary in quality, but show that you really do have interest in the game. I've only seen you around for a few days, but if I'm not mistaking you for someone else, you seem friendly and someone who follows the rules. Granted, Kaiser seemed cool when he was new, and I wasn't the toxic bastard I am today for the first few months I was on Ret, so, people do change, but I hope you stay friendly

To conclude, I don't think you should be staff just yet. You do not have the time invested in this server or knowledge of its rules just yet, which is reflected in your application, but you do seem to have the attitude I wish more staff did. I discourage you to re-apply in a week, maybe in two or three, when you're better known around the community and have a sizable understanding of the server.

I understand. I probably should but I would like to see how this goes. 

-1 Your staff app could use a bit of work as Charles pointed out I can't say much about how you act in game I haven't based with you or had many interactions I'd say take some time to go over the rules and play on the server for a bit longer and re apply if you are interested.

• Like 1

Just now, Noodles said:

-1 Your staff app could use a bit of work as Charles pointed out I can't say much about how you act in game I haven't based with you or had many interactions I'd say take some time to go over the rules and play on the server for a bit longer and re apply if you are interested.

Understandable, I don't think I've really seen you online a lot either but I can see your point. 

+1

+very active, I’ve seen you online all day the past few days

+mature

+0 problems with you in-game

+friendly player

————————————————

-a lot of questions are wrong on your app but nothing you couldn’t learn easily

-no forum activity before the app

considering the positives I gave you, that criteria matters much much more than the negatives you are receiving. 
As long as you have the personality and mindset of someone who can be trained, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be put through trial and given a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles Sobhraj said:

Noodles is online very often, but possibly not when you are. 

I let people who I don’t know base with me and my party so I can get to know them so, all day yesterday pointerz and noodles were both in my party for like 6 hours. But noodles was afk almost the whole time so they’ve seen eachother but never played together

4 minutes ago, Dildozer said:

+1

+very active, I’ve seen you online all day the past few days

+mature

+0 problems with you in-game

+friendly player

————————————————

-a lot of questions are wrong on your app but nothing you couldn’t learn easily

-no forum activity before the app

considering the positives I gave you, that criteria matters much much more than the negatives you are receiving. 
As long as you have the personality and mindset of someone who can be trained, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be put through trial and given a chance.

Yeah, if I fail this application I'm going to do my research next time. Thank you. 

• Hans locked this topic