Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations): LammySauce (used to go by JackGoff but I obviously changed my nickname for this application)
  • Steam ID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:167683509
  • Timezone: Eastern Standard Zone

DarkRP Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether Network?Currently there's a lacking of active-duty of staff during certain periods of the day, leading to a significant increase of rule-breaking players, whether that be Mass RDM'ing, Propblocking, Mic Spamming, Racism, Etc. this is all something that can be prevented by the simple presence of a staff member on the server. As a staff member (assuming I start out as a Trial-Moderator) I would be active throughout the day in which other staff members are simply unable to assist whether that be due to IRL priorities, or simply wanting to enjoy another game at that time without having to worry about any potential chaos that might be ensuing on the server. Additionally, as a newly hired staff member I would greatly benefit the community as a player who is semi-well known, able to relate to first-time, or newly joining players in their struggles as to getting started on the server. 
  • What is RDM?:  RDM (Random Death Match) is the act of a player randomly killing, or attempting to kill (injuring) another player without proper reasoning behind the kill. When dealing with RDM there's always two-sides to the story, so it's important to speak to the two members individually about the incident that occurred before coming to any conclusions and issuing a punishment. 
  • Raids can last how long?Raids can last anywhere from 0-10 minutes from initiation to end, 
  • What initiates a raid?Any sort of raiding tool use is considering a 'raid initiation' ergo, if you do any of the aforementioned you are initiating a raid. 
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?Only if the owner of the property in which you are raiding is able to disrupt (ex. shooting you, locking the door, reasonable distance that could prevent you from raiding). So for example, if the owner is half-way across the map you are not allowed to find and kill them if you've initiated a raid on their property/base.
  • List 3 default Laws of The Land: 1. Do not attack other citizens except in self-defense | 2. Do not steal or break into people's homes. | 3. Money printers/drugs are illegal. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: You're only allowed to own 1 property/base per party. 
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?Depending on the incident that occurred, and if evidence is available. I would give the perpetrator several minutes/or seconds (depending on the amount of time I have and or severity of the situation) to respond to my administrative commands. Depending on the severity of the incident, I would list off the options the player has to choose within a timely manor, if they refuse to comply after several I would then issue a punishment (if I deem it necessary to do so) to the user. Refunding the victim for anything they might've lost. 

Extra Comments: I do have some prior warnings on the server that might possibly taint the community's perception of me, but rest assured I've grown in maturity for the length in which I've been playing, I've grown to respect the community in which this server is composed of, especially the already hard-working staff team which rarely gets recognition from by individual players on the server at anytime. If any staff member, or recruiter would like to speak with me in regards to these prior warnings I would greatly enjoy speaking with any one about them. 

Edited by ๖ۣۜLambsauce
Fixed grammar, punctuation..

Just now, DEVGRU said:

Great application but,

I've rarely seen you on, haven't any interactions with you. You only have 16 hours.

Also this is your only forum post.

I'm sorry, I also go by JackGoff (I changed my name for this application since it's a childish-name) thank you for the critique though!

1 hour ago, ๖ۣۜLambsauce said:

I'm sorry, I also go by JackGoff (I changed my name for this application since it's a childish-name) thank you for the critique though!

I was a higher-up with the name “Dildozer” ur good man. Changing ur name for an app isn’t great because no ones gonna know who you are.

edit: just noticed my names still dildozer on here lol I’ve changed it to Blue Panther in-game and discord just for context

+Great application

+Appears to be mature and friendly

-the name Jack Goff does ring a bell but I don’t know you or anything about you. Maybe it’s lack of activity or just what you do while in-game. I’ve seen the name on the server before but never met you.

I think if you wait a bit and become more well known in the community you’ll easily get accepted.

(this can be done in game, on forums, or on discord)

Edited by Dildozer

26 minutes ago, Dildozer said:

I was a higher-up with the name “Dildozer” ur good man. Changing ur name for an app isn’t great because no ones gonna know who you are.

edit: just noticed my names still dildozer on here lol I’ve changed it to Blue Panther in-game and discord just for context

+Great application

+Appears to be mature and friendly

-the name Jack Goff does ring a bell but I don’t know you or anything about you. Maybe it’s lack of activity or just what you do while in-game. I’ve seen the name on the server before but never met you.

I think if you wait a bit and become more well known in the community you’ll easily get accepted.

(this can be done in game, on forums, or on discord)

Will do! I plan on being very active on this server from now on, it seems to be the only playable sever that you can actually have fun on and enjoy without it being too strict on the rules. 

In regards to the "not knowing me or anything about me" I actually introduced myself here on the forums a couple hours ago, if you want to check it out- you can do so here! (check embedded link below)

Other than that, thank you for the critique! I'll try my best to further improve my presence and perception in the community/server here!

• Like 1

Positive

• Good application
  • All answers are correct

Negative

• Me and my friends have had a pretty bad experience you during the raid of "John Wick". We were all pretty blatantly rdmed by you for no reason at all. It seems that you can get a little wild when you realize that there are no higher ups to keep an eye on you. Even if rdm was not your intent, you failed to explain yourself to us at all by refusing to respond when we asked you why.

image.thumb.png.0aa9fcb3c50b84ce7e98db97355be481.png

Edited by Lord Nermal

8 minutes ago, Bballer192 ツ said:

-1 I remember the name jack Goff. You have mass rdmed before and I have seen you on decently but you are somewhat new with about 19 hours. 

So I mean if you honestly have changed +1/-1

I totally understand the doubts you have of me! Which is why I mentioned that I had prior warns/punishments- I've come a long way from them, but I knew nothing about how much this server would mean to me these days.. 

1 minute ago, Lord Nermal said:

Positive

• Good application
  • All answers are correct

Negative

• Me and my friends have had a pretty bad experience you during the raid of "John Wick". We were all pretty blatantly rdmed by you for no reason at all. It seems that you can get a little wild when you realize that there are no higher ups to keep an eye on you. Even if rdm was not your intent, you failed to explain yourself to us at all by refusing to respond when we asked why.

image.thumb.png.0aa9fcb3c50b84ce7e98db97355be481.png

Now in regards to your response here, the other day my friend had been begging me to "take care" of your groups of friends, from what I had saw, and what he had told me is that there were multiple targeted raids, RDM, etc made against him and I don't take kindly to acts of targeting (especially after being targeted myself on a plenty of other servers so I know how it feels to be put down constantly.) I'm sorry if I didn't respond to your attempts at getting an answer as to why I killed you, I don't frequently check the chat box as I have it set to disappear when not in use.

1 minute ago, ๖ۣۜLambsauce said:

Now in regards to your response here, the other day my friend had been begging me to "take care" of your groups of friends, from what I had saw, and what he had told me is that there were multiple targeted raids, RDM, etc made against him and I don't take kindly to acts of targeting (especially after being targeted myself on a plenty of other servers so I know how it feels to be put down constantly.) I'm sorry if I didn't respond to your attempts at getting an answer as to why I killed you, I don't frequently check the chat box as I have it set to disappear when not in use.

Though this was the first time we had ever raided John Wick, that is besides the point. RDM is NOT the answer in this kind of situation, there are many other legal ways to have helped your friend out with his issue. I understand how frustrating it is to *feel* targeted and to be targeted, but this was not the smartest way of handling it.

5 minutes ago, Lord Nermal said:

Though this was the first time we had ever raided John Wick, that is besides the point. RDM is NOT the answer in this kind of situation, there are many other legal ways to have helped your friend out with his issue. I understand how frustrating it is to *feel* targeted and to be targeted, but this was not the smartest way of handling it.

When I made my response I did not say that I rdmd, I forgot to mention that all the kills I made were calculated and well within the server rules, making sure not to violate RDM rules... but this is getting off-topic, If you'd like to continue this conversation you're more than welcome to PM on the forums or via my discord tag which can be found in my introduction post right here on the forums.

23 minutes ago, ๖ۣۜLambsauce said:

If you'd like to continue this conversation you're more than welcome to PM on the forums or via my discord tag which can be found in my introduction post right here on the forums.

You handled this very maturely, and didn't snap at me with anger at any point. If you're willing to put these incidents aside, I'd say it would be worth giving him a shot.

Vote: -1

Reasoning:

- Application includes depth and answers are astute

- Acknowledged prior mistakes and hopes to learn from them

- lack of in-game experience and engagement with the community

Conclusion:

I think it shows a great maturity to acknowledge your past mistakes and to make it clear you intend to improve from them. That being said, when you make and acknowledge former mistakes, you unfortunately have the burden of proving that you will no longer make them. I think it is great that you have said that you have learned from them, but more important is showing people that you have, just by having plenty of positive interactions. To be fair, I haven't met you and can only go off of this forum post and its replies, but I see a trend that many don't have a good feel for who you are as a player and potential staff member. I would recommend engaging with players more in-game, so that people can confidently, and without a doubt, vouch for you character. 

Best of luck, 

ItzHoover

25 minutes ago, ItzHoover said:

Vote: -1

Reasoning:

- Application includes depth and answers are astute

- Acknowledged prior mistakes and hopes to learn from them

- lack of in-game experience and engagement with the community

Conclusion:

I think it shows a great maturity to acknowledge your past mistakes and to make it clear you intend to improve from them. That being said, when you make and acknowledge former mistakes, you unfortunately have the burden of proving that you will no longer make them. I think it is great that you have said that you have learned from them, but more important is showing people that you have, just by having plenty of positive interactions. To be fair, I haven't met you and can only go off of this forum post and its replies, but I see a trend that many don't have a good feel for who you are as a player and potential staff member. I would recommend engaging with players more in-game, so that people can confidently, and without a doubt, vouch for you character. 

Best of luck, 

ItzHoover

Absolutely! I do have the unfortunate burden of proving that I've changed from my prior ways of carelessness, and I rightfully have every responsibility to prove it. You might have actually seen me in game, I'll primarily play as a Cigarette Smuggler, Medic, or PD. Just keep an eye out for me around the PD, I like to spruce things up and enhance RP.

• Like 1

+/-

Positive

------------------------------------------------

- Good App.

- Seems to possess the ability to be mature.

Negative

- Never seen you before in-game.

- Previous warns.

Being that I've never seen you before in-game I can only make my descension from your app alone. I think that if you get denied you should get to know some of the people in the community and then re-apply because I truly do like your app and what it says but I've unfortunately never met you.

Edited by Bryan

On 12/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, Bryan said:

+/-

Positive

- Good App.

- Seems to possess the ability to be mature.

Negative

- Never seen you before in-game.

- Previous warns.

Being that I've never seen you before in-game I can only make my descension from your app alone. I think that if you get denied you should get to know some of the people in the community and then re-apply because I truly do like your app and what it says but I've unfortunately never met you.

Well- I do hope I can officially say that we've met in game now, you seem to be a pretty nice person too! 
I'm still looking for more critique or praise from the community in regards to my application! So don't feel shy to post some feedback!

Additionally for those who were concerned about my in-game, forum, and Discord activity- I have significantly increased my play time on the server to roughly 55 hours! Thank you all so much for having faith in me as a potential future staff member. @Xrel @ItzHoover @Bballer192 ツ @Dildozer

Edited by ๖ۣۜLambsauce
added more information/conversation starters

Awesome App, correct answers, friendly for the most part but has a really bad tendency to be a bit of a whiner when it comes to sending tickets, gets frustrated very quickly but if these things will be worked on then I would say absolutely give him a shit!

Any and all feedback given by me is made as if I only knew this person from my interactions with them in the AetherNetwork... Network.  Review is not to reflect any bias based on previous knowing-of this person.

2 minutes ago, Asuna Yuuki said:

You are toxic to other players

You are not really staff material

You somehow get/start drama alot in the server

I'm really curious as to how I'm "toxic to other players" and "get/start drama in the server" if you could please elaborate as to how those things shall apply to me, that would be greatly appreciated. 

13 minutes ago, Asuna Yuuki said:

Then in my opinion I think you would be worthy 

I heavily rely on RP relations when I play as Government (specifically mayor) I try to have a mix between a serious attitude and a relaxed attitude when playing so that I'm not just a generic mayor that makes crazy City Laws, but actually tries to interact with the public and enhance RP. 

Any-who, thank you for the critique, any sort of community response is well-welcome by me as it brings attention to my cause and intentions of bettering the server.

Edited by ๖ۣۜLambsauce

17 hours ago, luck said:

+1

He gets on actively now days (before this people say he had like below 24)

pretty chill

easygoing guy

would like to see him how he does the job

overall, pretty cool and chill guy tbh

17 hours ago, Fakie said:

+1

I've seen you ingame, for the passed 2-3 weeks,

You've honestly are pretty mature, I've talked to you you seem fit for staff

Thank you both for the positive feedback! I'm always trying my hardest to be a prime role model to other players on the server when-ever possible to do so. It excites me to see that other players and especially staff members expressing their faith in me as a potential staff member. 

• Like 2

Considering you’ve taken all of my advice and have been very active and made a name for yourself,

I’ll change my feedback from a -1 to a +1

in the span of the app being up, he’s taken my feedback along with others and I haven’t had any problems with him and don’t believe other staff have either.

don’t see why you wouldn’t be given a shot now that people know who you are

Accepted

Lammy, you have been one of the most active and persistent members playing the past couple weeks; I think having you as staff will be a great help towards keeping sits down. 

Be sure to read the Handbook fully, update yourself on the rules. 

You will be notified in the Rookie Barracks channel on Discord with further instructions. Welcome to the team!

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link