Does the staff of lightning actually do damage against the antlion and combine bosses?

• Snake Eyes3 changed the title to Does the staff of lightning actually do damage against the antlion and combine bosses?

Things I have noticed with the lightning staff is it is impossible to hit someone with a smaller than normal/larger than normal model in most cases, and I have also had the same issue with no hitmarkers on the antlion and combine boss, probably broken : (

17 minutes ago, Snake Eyes3 said:

People be saying it does but I don’t get any hitmarkers when I use it on an antlion boss. I haven’t tested it on the combine boss yet but I think it doesn’t work on them either.

It does, but it's quite annoying in my opinion to use during a boss fight. It damages other players, and makes it harder for them to participate. There's other super good weapons out there for sure!